What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Well keto lovelies we went over the 10K limit on the original so here is the sequel :smiley:

I eat this pretty well every morning - bacon and very buttery scrambled eggs.

I now make double the eggs and share them with my 3 dogs. Here is a gratuitous pic of two of them, including the newbie lurcher Ammi.

I still can’t believe we hit over 10 thousand posts already. Keep 'em coming. I love you guys :heart_eyes:

If you have a few hours handy, here is the original thread…

Could we PLEASE stop telling people that fasting is the solution to everything?
What did you Keto today? mkII
Newbie Ideas
Keto Newb
Getting sick of meat
So hungry/dizzy/hangry
Ketofridge
My keto struggles - introduction post
Previous post that was closed
What’s for supper tonight?
Eggs
Furry teeth
HOW TO: Navigate the Forum
I've fallen out of keto for 1 month now and I feel horrible!
So much harder than I thought it would be!
Keto recipes
Hungry just 4 hrs after eating
YouTube recipes
Screwed up
A keto forum? Cool
Free, trustworthy Keto recipes
Spam meat okay for ketogenic diet?
What did you NOT eat today?
What did you Keto today... Episode 2
Dizziness
Need a KETO GURU S.T.A.T
Stop telling newbies to eat more fat!
Keto cake
The return of "best and worst diets!"
Looking for help with a meal plan

I stand corrected - estimated read time of original is 10.5 hours :astonished:

(Running from stupidity) #3

Death-delaying house-made cheesecake fat bombs. They’re to die for, while simultaneously helping you not die as quickly. #braintwisters

I’ve been trying and I’d like food ideas!
(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

Oh my god, yum.

16 hours into a 5 day fast. I am determined to meet my goal. Mostly because I am broke, so I mentally prepared for this over a few days, lol.

(Running from stupidity) #5

A very long time ago I did a week for that exact reason, so you’ve got this :slight_smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #6

Oh @juice knowing you are here to cheer me on it’ll be a breeeeze :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #7

Simple and satisfying: Locally-sourced 10-hour pulled brisket with house-blend gravy, sharing a plate with chef’s special cauliflower mash and steamed green beans.

This was my first go at pulled brisket, and it worked a treat.

Last week I bought some “meat claws” in order to be prepared, and then on Sunday I got a rolled brisket from the markets for $8/kg (I go towards the end of the trading day on Sunday as they’re closed Monday/Wednesday, and it was down from $12 or some such).

I made a simple marinade/rub/whatever from some olive oil, ACV, minced garlic and onion powder, rubbed in on both sides, let it sit for a bit, then put it into the crockpot (a fancy new Philips one that’s also a pressure cooker, technology, such a thing) and poured the rest of the marinade over it. Then ran it for 10-11 hours on high, and this is the result.

The parents-in-law arrived today and the meal was a massive success as I show them that keto is not just bacon and eggs. Although it’s often bacon and eggs.

Next time I’ll find a more interesting marinade and give that a crack.

(Jennifer) #8

Oh my. Any chance you can link to the recipe for these? :heart_eyes: I’m all for thwarting death via cheesecake. :blush:

(Running from stupidity) #9

I will get the recipe off my wife and post it. Well, tomorrow once she wakes up :slight_smile:

I had one a few days ago and they are excellent.

(AnnaLeeThal) #10

I <3 my meat claws

(AnnaLeeThal) #11

I ended up making clotted cream. I used it on top of a chocolate peanut butter mug cake. Divine.

(Running from stupidity) #12

They’re pretty awesome!

(Ellen) #13

@juice, are you planning on emulating your fellow Aussie with those claws? Never tried pulled brisket, but that looks mighty fine Sir.

(Running from stupidity) #14

OK, I’ll sound super dumb here, but is this Hugh Jackman in something? (Russell Crowe is a Kiwi, so I know it’s not him, and I doubt Mel Gibson is doing anything these days.)

Righty, so how good is Google? I tried “aussie film claws” and didn’t get anything, but changed it to “aussie claws film” and Jackman in Wolverine shows up. Not that I know what he did, but still, I got that far :slight_smile:

I hadn’t either, so how easy must it be if I can do this on my first attempt? Having said that, the claws made it it ridiculously easy once it was cooked, and the crockpot cooked it beautifully, so I didn’t actually do a lot.

(Ellen) #15

Yep, tis Hugh as Wolverine :grin:

I’ve got a slow cooker so may have to put that on the rota for trying.

And you call yourself a journalist?

(Running from stupidity) #17

OK, so she got up to go to the loo and saw my Whatsapp message. At 1am…

Sorry, all she had were these screenshots, so I’ve tidied them up to try to make them make sense.

Titles are weird, but it seems to be the body (vanilla) and the icing (chocolate), not separate fat bombs.

Anyway, HTH.

October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME
(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #18

Dinner time! Crepes! Basically same recipe as egg loaf. I like it much better as crepes! Also bacon and gin and soda. So. Good.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #19

I can’t stop thinking about those crepes! I’m not a huge fan of eggs. I like an occasional egg salad or deviled eggs. Fried every once in a while if someone more skilled than myself makes them. Egg loaf I found to be too eggy. Not worth using my precious cream cheese to make. But damn those crepes were good.

(Jennifer) #20

Awesome! Thank you! :blush: