Ketofridge

I found a food delivery service called Ketofridge. Meals look good and reasonably priced. Anyone have experience with them? Recommend or not?

(Bunny) #2

I sincerely wish more people would open up businesses doing strict or more keto foods with emphasis posted on the walls of the business how bad eating too much sugar really is (including bread/grains) and how reducing sugar consumption saves lives and improves the quality of life, not just in the way of ketogenic dieting (what some of us have to do to repair the long-term damage).

I know I sound like a broken record always talking about how bad too much sugar is, it’s because it happens to be true. What is so bad about it is the carelessness in which sugar is put into the foods we have no choice in buying, especially when you need something quick on the go (more keto fast food establishments)!

Opening up scientifically based food establishments, would encourage the bigger food chains to do the same and place more encouragement on the culinary food science industry to develop safer grains to eat and cut the dam sugar etc.

From manufacturing to food preparation all the way up to the stock exchange if I had that kind of money you know what I’d be doing with it?

Well I ordered 4 meals and a pack of pizza crust. I will follow up with a review after consumption. Ingredient lists in the recipes looked very keto friendly.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

While I like this concept in theory I have a problem with corporate cash in on a ketogenic trend. Keto food is really only healthy when we make a conscious decision to eat this way all the time. If people are bingeing on carbs and eating ketogenic food sometimes out of guilt that’s a sure arterial plaque formula. And so far every keto product I have come across just doesn’t look as healthy as a real home cooked meal. The lifestyle requires us to take responsibility for what we put in our bodies and the best route to that is learning to cook ketogenic food for yourself. That is sustainable and you’ll get 10x value for your food dollars. Eating prepackaged and restaurant made food is what did the most damage to all of us I believe. :man_cook:t3::cowboy_hat_face:

For me these meals are to have in a pinch when I’m very busy and to try some new stuff out. I think if a meal was really good, I would look to make it myself. Dont always have time to cook and although I love some meat/cheese/nuts, it’s will also be nice to heat up a prepared meal! I agree that a lot of “easy” keto food like bars and stuff don’t look as high quality.

(Bunny) #6

I totally agree with that (and your entire view) but some times that’s not possible for some people on the go or we just get flat out too tempted to get a quick bite to eat, I’m sure we all been their done that or still doing it? (telling yourself; “…your going to feel hypoglycemic and dizzy if you don’t get that quarter pounder with cheese and some fries…” lol)

Most processed foods are laboratory grade carbohydrates (high octane carbs) and beet sugars mixed up with bleached and stripped sugar cane and I think setting examples (how to correctly manufacture keto foods without harnful preservatives or chemicals ect.) on what’s harming our health to the food manufacturing industry certainly would help not hurt anything!

I know my utopian idea would likely never happen but it is nice to ponder the possibiltles?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

That’s cool, have you gotten a chance to check out my personal favorite thread on this site?

You will find lots of diverse meals and approaches to keto friendly foods and inspiration to do your own. Lots of ideas on there for stuff you can make and get several meals out of. Many of us cook big batch and freeze individual portions for quick meals.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Because while this place has tons of fascinating threads and I read a lot of them, keto is really about how you eat and being able to sustain this lifestyle without becoming bored with food and reverting to old ways of eating.