YouTube recipes

(Jean) #1

I am watching the YouTube videos for different food ideas but find that most are family size ideas with 8 serving and don’t know if they freeze, so have tomcut recipes down but most seem to be very high protein. Right now the proteins are the hard part : getting fat but my protein are as high as fats: carbs are usually under 15grams. I also find the carbs in the US ingredients are much lower than Canada especially almonds flour; and websites or youtubers who have more fat lower protein recipes or those for single people

(Carl Keller) #2

Hi Jean.

I find that keeping it simple is not only easy but it’s delicious and fast. I will have either beef, pork, poultry and ocassionally fish along with a vegetable or salad. I have been eating this way for six months and I’ve yet to grow tired of the food.

This thread is a great source of ideas and you will notice the common theme is that people here generally eat non-complicated meals:

If you mean that the protein grams are the same as the fat grams, then it’s the perfect keto ratio:

Protein has 4 calories per gram and fat has 9 calories per gram and that breaks down to 31% protein and 69% fat in relation to total calories.

I believe that the US and Canada use the same guidelines for carb counts on labels, which is the total number of carbs. Outside the US, countries allow manufacturers to subtract the fiber carbs on labels. Is it possible that the products you are looking at were manufactured in a country other than the US or Canada?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

As long as you are keeping your carbohydrate low, there is no reason to fear protein. It is converted to glucose only under low-carb conditions and when there is a need for glucose in the body. Any rise in insulin secretion from eating protein is matched by a corresponding rise in glucagon secretion, so the insulin/glucagon ratio remains low, and ketogenesis and lipolysis are not impeded.

(Jean) #4

thanks on my calculator there was a big enough gap between proteins and fats but I feel
Better thanks.
When I said more carbs in Canada I ment the manufactures seem to make food
With higher carbs . I bought a bag of almonds flower and didn’t look at carbs first ( my fault ) and it said 2 tbsp was basically 4 carbs and some recipes say there’s are 2 or 1.5

Benjamin Bikman on Protein

(Carl Keller) #6

Great video. I had it on my YT watch list but hadn’t got past the first 6 minutes and then forgot about it. I just finished it and I’m glad I did.

I’ve watched everything I can find from Dr. Bikman and can’t wait until he comes out with more. He’s always posting relevant studies on his Instagram, you would like that

(Jean) #8

I wTched but didn’t know I was to be in medical school . I did understand but lots of information I didn’t . Got the general idea