Eggs

(Tom) #1

Can you eat to many? I eat three hard boiled with lunch and and three fried with dinner

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2

Some people actually do egg fasts.

6 eggs in a day isn’t gonna hurt you IMO.

(Susan) #3

As long as you are keeping under 20 grams of carbs a day and not having any sugar I am sure you are doing just fine =). I agree with @Beccs that 6 eggs is fine.

Many people on the forum make omelettes even with 5 or 6 at the same time. Eggs are a very good food to eat a lot of on Keto actually.

If you take a look on this thread you will see that many people on the forum eat a lot of eggs!

(mole person) #4

Some people have reactions to eggs such as migraines or inflammation but if you’re not in that minority have at them, they are a keto superfood.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #5

I ate 5 fired eggs for lunch a few days ago. Also had some smoked salmon with them. No problem.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

Let your hunger be your guide. If you’re looking at the eggs and going, “Yay, more eggs!” then enjoy. If you’re thinking, “Oh no, not more eggs!” then either don’t eat at all, or eat something else. If you like eggs, eat 'em! Have some bacon with them, too.

I usualy eat whatever seems easiest at the time. I generally cook supper and then have the leftovers to break my fast with, the next afternoon. But bacon and eggs is one of my favorite meals, so that’s often what I have instead of leftovers.

(Allie) #7

Let’s hope not as I eat loads with seven laying hens :joy:

(charlie3) #8

Lately I can buy eggs for 50 cents a dozen and usually eat 4-6 daily.

(Susan) #9

Nope! I think your body has a natural “off” switch when it comes to eggs…2 a day is about my limit, whether boiled, fried, or even deviled.

(Tom) #10

Wht do you mean by off switch?

Nobody can eat 50 eggs… :sweat_smile:

I’ll go through a dozen in 3 or 4 days depending on my lunchtime meal and dinner side.

(Allie) #12

Your body will know when it’s had enough.

“Eggs are nature’s perfect food”

-My Dad

(KetoQ) #14

Nobody can eat 50 eggs … except Luke …