Looking for help with a meal plan

(Stephen Howell) #1

Hey everyone. Trying to get things started but I am having an issue with “ Paralysis by Analysis “. Have been reading a ton to get started but now have just confused myself. Can you all help me with somewhere to find a meal plan to get me past the first couple weeks then I should be fine. Thanks a ton everyone

(Ellen) #2

Hi Stephen,

There’s a lot of good ideas in the recipes section, DietDoctor also has a ton of recipes & meal plans, hope that helps :smiley:

(Carl Keller) #3

Welcome Stephen.

The thing with a meal plan is that you may or may not like what’s being suggested. Eating ketogenically doesn’t have to be a job because there are so many good whole foods to choose from, if you like meat and vegetables. My advice is to study the things that are keto friendly and switch things up to keep your meals from getting boring. This thread has a lot of great ideas and you can see what others are eating regularly:

And here is a suggested meal plan from Healthline to give you some ideas on how to structure your meals. Just realize that you don’t have to get all fancy to do keto and entertain your taste buds. I eat a lot of plain old seasoned protein and vegetables, salads, fish and eggs every way you can imagine and I really enjoy my meals…

Monday

• Breakfast: Two eggs fried in pastured butter served with sauteed greens.
  • Lunch: A bunless grass-fed burger topped with cheese, mushrooms and avocado atop a bed of greens.
  • Dinner: Pork chops with green beans sauteed in coconut oil.

Tuesday

• Breakfast: Mushroom omelet.
  • Lunch: Tuna salad with celery and tomato atop a bed of greens.
  • Dinner: Roast chicken with cream sauce and sauteed broccoli.

Wednesday

• Breakfast: Bell pepper stuffed with cheese and eggs.
  • Lunch: Arugula salad with hard-boiled eggs, turkey, avocado and blue cheese.
  • Dinner: Grilled salmon with spinach sauteed in coconut oil.

Thursday

• Breakfast: Full-fat yogurt topped with Keto granola.
  • Lunch: Steak bowl with cauliflower rice, cheese, herbs, avocado and salsa.
  • Dinner: Bison steak with cheesy broccoli.

Friday

• Breakfast: Baked avocado egg boats.
  • Lunch: Caesar salad with chicken.
  • Dinner: Pork chops with vegetables.

Saturday

• Breakfast: Cauliflower toast topped with cheese and avocado.
  • Lunch: Bunless salmon burgers topped with pesto.
  • Dinner: Meatballs served with zucchini noodles and parmesan cheese.

Sunday

• Breakfast: Coconut milk chia pudding topped with coconut and walnuts.
  • Lunch: Cobb salad made with greens, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, cheese and turkey.
  • Dinner: Coconut chicken curry.