Previous post that was closed

(Jackie ) #20

I was trying to get some ideas to help her out with “picky eater keto foods” so did not include all the other things…sleeve etc. I’m the OP (mom)

(Jackie ) #21

Where are the seed oils being consumed?? Certainly not by me or Melissa 420

Sheesh…

I understand and wishing nothing but the best for everyone and they move forward in their path!! I just got confused at some point thru the posts and find it best to bow out. Hoping everything goes well for all tho!!

(Jackie ) #23

In reference to my suggestion on heartburn and ACV…Got it…I should’ve said “in most cases”, or “in my experiences”. I stand corrected :flushed::flushed:

(Jackie ) #24

You’re fine! Seems you are sympathetic to my daughters issues…that’s what she needs. Someone else that has been through it or is currently going through it. She knows what she can and can’t/shouldn’t have…she is in a pickle due to being a tad picky :flushed::flushed:. She needs some variety…:pray::pray::pray: she can get past this first hump…

I can only suggest checking out our “What did you keto today?” threads. They are FULL of ideas for different keto friendly foods.

What did you Keto today?

What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

Also, check out some of the member’s accountability threads, where they usually post meal ideas and pictures.

Your trust level is now at “basic user”, so you shouldn’t have problem commenting on the threads anymore.

(Jackie ) #26

Thank you!

Now that I am able to post again I will include 1 more thing before I leave this forum for good. I see people commenting that there was nothing mean being said. While I am doing keto, my own decision, no my mom trying to force me, and I go to my mom (who is also keto) and ask for advice, and she comes to the forum on my behalf, as I was not ready to join, and she asks for ways to help give me variety on keto as a picky eater. And people respond for me to suck it up, grow up, and that I obviously do not want to be keto because I have dislikes in foods, or that I am not desperate enough, these are the hurtful comments. I am very sorry that I do not like many things. That does not make me “not ready”. It makes me picky. Someone can want something very badly, but that does not mean they will force themselves to eat foods that they don’t like. If I tried that, no matter how desperate I was, I WOULD FAIL. A LIFESTYLE needs to be sustainable. To be sustainable it needs to be doable, and enjoyable.

There were many people trying to help me in the post that was mine, as opposed to my mom’s. I am not speaking to those people or comments. Those comments just were not going to work, as I have already tried and failed at them. It is not at all because I was just looking for certain answer, as was said. It is these types of responses that will ultimately turn people away.

Maybe try to be sympathetic to people’s feelings when replying to posts. Because it’s not always WHAT is said, but HOW it is said. I am very sorry that I came here as a NEW USER, looking for help, and instead got told that I don’t really want to do keto because I need help. I’ll just go back to trying to do it on my own, because I get better results that way over being told that I am eating a certain way, which I am not, just because someone assumes it, rather than asking politely.

So thank you again, for giving me more stress yesterday, rather than help.

(Bob M) #28

I’m anti-seed-oils, but I’m hesitant to say that they are the only cause of obesity. For instance, I got big by drinking (good) beer, eating pizza, and ice cream, then going on a very low fat, Pritikin diet, which caused depression, mood swings, etc. Got depressed, drank beer…repeat ad nauseam. Not much PUFA in that.

Here’s a generic craft beer, for instance:

So, I’m an N=1 proving one can get fat not eating PUFAs.

Thank you. I am not here to say that I was eating perfect my entire life. I wasn’t. I had a problem. Currently I am doing something about it. I cannot change the past, only make the future better

First off, let me say that I’m sorry your initial experience with the forum was hurtful. Most of our members come from a life of metabolic disorder and know what it’s like to live with poor health, and have tried diet after diet, living life feeling hopeless. They know those frustrations and are sincerely here to help. So, it’s unfortunate that you were made to feel like people didn’t want to help.

Melissa, I apologize that this misunderstanding ever happened. I honestly believe no one here ever intended to be rude or hurtful with their comments. I think a lot of the misunderstanding was due to the delivery of the message from your Mom. It wasn’t clear that you had already came to her for help, and she was just reaching out to us on your behalf.

I have to disagree a little bit here, because I had to force myself to eat fat after I started keto. But I genuinely learned to love it when I did. (I also had to learn to eat onions, after I got married, but that’s another story.) :slight_smile:

See, here’s the point of where I feel this was all a big misunderstanding. You didn’t come here, your Mom did, and it was presented rather like she was trying to get you back on keto, but didn’t know what to do because you were so picky.

A lot of us know people who need to change their lifestyle and know it’s impossible to make someone change. They need to want it for themselves. And this is what wasn’t clear in your Mom’s initial message. So a lot of the comments were stemmed from the idea that there is little your Mom can do until you’re ready.

Again, Melissa, I’m sorry your experience here has been hurtful and you feel like people didn’t really want to help. We’re not perfect, we’re human, but we genuinely do want to help.

I hope you can forgive our rudeness and stick around for a little while to see if this forum can give you some ideas for other things you can eat.

(Joey) #32

@Melissa420 Never saw the original thread, so it’s unclear to me where the hurt feelings apparently came from. Most everyone I’ve encountered on this forum is a nice person looking to learn and to help. Any appearances to the contrary are invariably just misunderstandings, perhaps arising from style and tone.

Regardless, I think you’ve nailed it when it comes to what’s best going forward. Make your future better. Best wishes.

Onward! :vulcan_salute:

Any luck finding references yet?

(Jane Srygley) #35

They may cause inflammation, especially if you haven’t eaten them before, but insulin causes obesity, and that is triggered primarily by carbs.

Regarding this topic, I’ve struggled like crazy and was on Keto over a year before finding a food plan that worked for me. Lots of people are very opinionated. It’s important to take everything with a grain of salt, then do your own research and experiment until you find what works for you.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #36

However, people are proposing that the mitochondrial damage caused by seed oils might be causing insulin resistance, quite apart from carbohydrate intake.

As far as sugar and seed oils are concerned, it is hard to distinguish between their effects on health. In the U.S., cottonseed oil (as a foodstuff) and cheap refined sugar (in the form of chocolate bars, candies, and soda pop) both entered the market just after the Civil War (i.e., in the late 1860’s). Other seed oils followed, and vegetable shortening as a substitute for lard entered the market at the turn of the century.

The Type II diabetes epidemic began in the 1880’s. Whether it was the seed oils or that sugar that was primarily responsible is an unresolved question. It may not be answerable, or the answer may turn out to be that they worked in tandem to a much more devastating effect.

(UsedToBeT2D) #37

Goodbye.

(Jackie ) #38

Great way of looking at the whole picture! Research (that I’ve found) has shown that high heat processed oils can significantly raise triglycerides…the people I know that started a keto WOE saw a huge drop in triglycerides at their first blood work up. Also saw a large drop in cholesterol-both play a large role in obesity in addition to insulin. IMO the best thing about keto as a way of life is that it rids the body of toxins by getting rid of the junk that put them there in the first place.

(Tomas Hanousek) #39

If you are hungry, eat and do not fast! Build up better habits and improve your fat burning first. Find out what foods are good and eat those to satiety. Introduce fasting once you are up for it. Ever heard of babies running marathons? No, they need to learn to crawl first… As for the heartburn, I used to suffer a lot and I am completely cured. Eat proper food and use ACV drink. Drop the honey, too much sugar for little benefit at this point. It will all get better. It takes time and no need for it to be perfect. Stubble forward to better tomorrows!

(UsedToBeT2D) #41

Some people really swear by a vegan diet.

Sea salt?