Newbie Ideas

(Steven Spencer) #1

Hello all I am thinking about starting the Keto Diet just I work 6am-2pm so I have breakfast and lunch whilst at work but I dont have access to microwave or kettle.
just wondered some ideas of what i could take to eat at work

Thank you :slight_smile:

(Frank) #2

Look in the food and recipe category. You should find more than you could ever need.

(Adriana) #3

Do you have access to a fridge?

(Steven Spencer) #4

No access to fridge but i was thinking maybe i coukd take a picnic bag with ice packs or something

(Adriana) #5

I’m on week six of keto, I also use an insulated lunch bag for my food at work. On my first two weeks I took scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon for breakfast or BPC, ate beef burgers/tuna salad/cooked chicken/shredded pork and broccoli/brussels sprouts with butter for lunch; I also packed snacks: celery sticks, nuts, pork rinds, cheese, etcetera.

What’s great about keto is that now I only take one meal to work and eat it when I get hungry, sometimes I don’t even eat that and just have dinner when I get home.

These threads have great info on food you can easily transport and gave me good ideas when I started:

This thread is great on food ideas in general, some are easily translated to packed lunches:

(Todd Batitis) #6

You can also look into whether you can handle doing Intermittent Fasting. I work the same hours you do and combine keto with 20:4 IF so I am fasting 20 hours each day with a 4 hour eating window that I open from 2p-6p. It makes work REALLY easy from an eating standpoint. No more worrying about setting up lunches or snacks or anything for work. It is never something I would have thought I could do but coming from LCHP and eating every 2 hours, it worked pretty well for me.

If that isn’t something you think you can jump into (and it can be pretty tough for many to just jump in) you can buy lunch kits that have 2 freezer packs in them. They are insulated and when I used to actually take lunch they would still be semi-frozen 10-12 hours later and would easily keep keto foods cool.