What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(Empress of the Unexpected) #615

You’ve got me all figured out!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #616

Today it’s carrot cake… Seriously people? every friggin day there is something new… but I am on 63h of fasting. by now it has gotten easy. And thankfully it is thickly iced, and the sugar icing is something I always hated on cakes… (more of a buttercream frosting or thick chocolate glaze girl myself and those are so easy to ketofy… )

(Alec) #617

My dessert…

(Janelle) #618

Our company just released some Aetna insurance points program. If you listen to videos about how you can improve your health, you get points (towards what, I don’t know). I listened to the weight loss track and yep - fruits and veg, lots of whole grains, reduce meat consumption, eat soy and protein substitutes, reduce saturated fats. Sigh.

I did not take their advice.

We have one of those type things too. RealAppeal. 30 minutes of the eat less move more mantra every week. The program has me set to eat 350 some carbs a day. I just log in and let the coach blab away about portion sizes and calorie sweet spots. I’m just in it for the wellness points.

@Hardrock_keto_chick, go ahead and made a keto friendly dessert this weekend, post it to the What did you Keto today? Part Deux! thread, and explain how you resisted the temptation ALL week because you were fasting.

“RealAppeal”, what a joke. :smirk:

(Diane) #623

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

(Running from stupidity) #624

TY! It’s my best pun of the year so far!

(Heather Meyer) #625

Lets see…

fruit flavoured popsicles
honey in hot lemon
saltine crackers
chicken noodle soup(canned)
ice cream
fudgeicles
toast

Pretty much all my “i have a miserable cold” remedies for sore throat and colds

(Susan) #626

All that sugar would have bred more bugs in your throat and made it worse. I wish you a speedy recovery.

(Susan) #627

Ice chips?

I didn’t even notice the pun until you pointed it out! :laughing:

I’m a bit slow. :slight_smile:

Sorry you’re sick, Heather. Just got over a cold, last week, myself. :face_with_thermometer:
Maybe keto will help you get over this cold quicker!

Susan, you’ve got such an appetizing way of describing things. :grin:
Never thought about it, but you’re probably right.

What were we thinking? :woozy_face:

(Troy) #630

Got caught up in this corporate Valentines Day Push…
Endless aisles of chocolate bars TODAY
Wondering?..fill my cart with some
Then just go curl up and eat and have a pity party
has to be somewhere, that golden ticket

Charlie was SO excited, why not me?:joy:

I did buy a kit kat bar
It was Not for me though
I didn’t eat it on the way home. Lol

(Empress of the Unexpected) #631

Which is really ridiculous, because my husband brought me pork rinds (the chips were part of a leftover Subway lunch). If they had been plain potato chips with salt, I might have indulged. But 65% Less Fat!!! And those ingredients - how many types of sugar, natural and unnatural, can they pack in? They really do load up on sugar when they take the fat out. I know I overdid the tomato and onion carbs today, but at least they didn’t have ingredients!! Oh, and 24 grams of carbs in that tiny-ass package.

(Running from stupidity) #632

It’s only 2/3rds carbs, what’s the issue?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #633

I’ve made a lot of progress in the last ten months. I used to eat this crap all the time, never worrying about the ingredients. On the other hand, Rosa’s tamales are home-made. Don’t know if she would need to put sugar in, but it has to beat maltodextrin every time. Pretty sure Rosa doesn’t have maltodextrin in her pantry!

(Janelle) #634

I did not eat the very berry sundae at Costco or drink the Izze soda that has 32 carbs in it. My husband did and what do you want to bet he’ll be down a pound tomorrow and guess who is still at a pound a week or less being as strict as she can be?