Ketogenic coconut flour pancakes

Replacement for Pork Rinds?
I'm really disappointed with myself today
Episode #70 - The 30 day Steak Challenge
Dairy Free April
Fried Butter
Chicken Tenders Deep Fried by ZORN
Ideas for fussy kid
Monkfruit- why doesn't anyone talk about this sweetener?
Tonight's dessert!
Cracklins vs. rinds
What did you Keto today?
Egg News
Peanut Butter Keto Cookies for my Kevin
Did you throw out your toaster?
What did you Keto today?
What did you Keto today?
Using stale pork rinds?
What did you Keto today?
What did you Keto today?
Problems with constipation
What is with low carb product claims
Another newby - day 3
Favorite way to eat pork rinds/chicharrones?
I'm new and I think I'm DIRTY!
(AnnaLeeThal) #2

I might try this with coconut cream instead of heavy cream.

I’ve tried out Pork Rind Pancakes, and I’ll say they definitely get the texture of pancakes right. They do seem to end up a bit light on the flavor side, but what can you do I guess?

(Carol E. ) #4

I add maple extract and stevia to the batter of pancakes/waffles. That way, no worries about syrup…just top with butter and/or whipped cream.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

Add more cinnamon and butter?

(Kathy L) #6

Ooohhh…THANK YOU for this!!

(Meeping up the Science!) #7

Amazing as always! :slight_smile:

(Jessica ) #8

I tried these tonight cause you can never go wrong with breakfast for dinner. The batter was really sticky and hard to form into balls. My son said, “mama is making cinnamon steaks!” :joy: What did I do wrong??

They were delicious though.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #9

@Mrsollie
It depends on the pork rinds. You only needed to add more liquid. Sometimes I flatten them out too. The batter is unlike traditional pancakes.

(Kathy L) #10

Loved them! But in my excitement-bought a sugar free maple syrup (without even LOOKING at carbs) & mistakenly ate 11 carbs from the syrup alone! Next time I’ll probably use maple flavor, HWC & stevia for a topping!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Jessica ) #11

I bought Walden farms syrup and smoothered them with butter then drizzled syrup on. It was delicious. If you haven’t had Walden farms, you should try it. Delicious!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #12

Yep. I prefer Walden Farms too. Sweetened with sucralose.

(eat more) #13

i made these yesterday…quite tasty and i was full ALLLLL day and into the evening
i shared the recipe with my cousin and she was not down…she doesn’t know what she’s missing out on lol

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

YES! Very filling!!!

(Paul Jaeger ) #15

These were frikin awesome!!! I just put butter on them and the vanilla and cinnamon made it taste just like french toast! WTG Brenda!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #16

Thank you @Protoman

Nearly everyone who is brave enough to try them thinks so! Happy you enjoyed them!

Keto for my 11 year old son - day one
(Laura Z) #17

One question, is it okay to use salted pork rinds? I can only find them salted. Thank you

I use salted pork rinds and I enjoy the results.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

I also use salted. I think it adds to their overall good taste.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #20

@carl
Look what someone just published. Look familiar?
https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2014/10/low-carb-pancakes-grain-free-sugar-free-dairy-free-nut-free/?utm_source=Healthful+Pursuit+Newsletter&utm_campaign=3f8235382f-(No+Flour!)+Pancakes_2017_04_09&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_590b00b5b3-3f8235382f-57813801&mc_cid=3f8235382f&mc_eid=093309a1b9