What is with low carb product claims

(Tina Miller) #1

We started low carb no sugar 22 net carbs pey day may of 2018. Strict meat veges fats. Like broccoli with lots of no salt real butter topped with lots of Velveeta. My husband in 4 months went from 310 to 270. I went from 286 to 250. By end of September. We missed pancakes, bagels, waffles, and bread. Tried to make with Almonde or coconut flour, yuck. Found carbquick, and just ok. Found great low carb bread co. And chompies at netrition.com and was like yeah…but our weight has been not looking ke what we expected when we did not have these items. Back and forth no further losd. Just up and down. I am thinking the claims of these companies are false. Pea protein and wheat whey. I think these companies are lying to us all and we need to go back to our original meat with broccoli and cheese. Anyone experience the same thing???

(Jenny) #2

I can only speak for myself, I do best with weight loss when I do not use these products.

(Cindy) #3

Sorry, I’m not sure I could get past the “lots of Velveeta” bit. You do know that Velveeta is NOT real cheese, right? It has carbs and sugar and is NOT real cheese.

(Allie) #4

You know salt is essential, even more so on keto?

The products you mention are gimmicks that can help some people transition to full keto if they need a crutch, but they’re not ideal and contain some suspicious ingredients so if you can get by without them, best to do that.

(Janelle) #5

On my plan (Page 4 keto), I’m not really “allowed” these commercial products - or Velveeta or Kraft Singles.

But honestly, you guys have had great success, it sounds like. Maybe cut out the “fake but yummy cheese” and stick to real food. Not sure why the keto bread you tried to make was yuck but there are so many recipes out there. Experiment. It’s part of the fun of this.

(Chris) #6

Real food > fake food, my dude. Eat lots more meat, real cheese instead of velveeta, and whole foods rather than this hyper-processed junk. You’ll feel better overall and more than likely have an easier time controlling your bodyfat.

(Chris) #7

I suspect she just forgot a comma and meant no-salt (the potassium product), real butter? I could be wrong.

(less is more, more or less) #8

Elevated to “Heading 1” styling to reinforce the message.

(Tina Miller) #9

Thanks all. We will try not doing as much of the stuff from netrition. I would love to try and bake stuff with coconut or almond but I work 12 hour days and go to college and spare time is trying to catch up on sleep. I also had a gastric bypass in 2001 which was a giant mistake. That left my system having issues with digestion. I have to pay close attention to what I eat. The other day we were at our fave sushi place who thinks we are crazy cuz we do not do rice and I was so hungry and scarfed my raw salmon and tuna and ended up in the bathroom throwing up. Gastric turns your tummy into as if you are a baby. After all these years I still have issues if I eat the wrong thing, like shrimp. I love shrimp but if it is in a salad like cocktail or sauteed, forget it. Pork, oh that is awful on my stomach. I love it but unless it is pressure cooked and turned into pulled pork or ribs on the grill, ain’t happen. I try. Trust me I try and eat foods that are good and I love but my tummy don’t love them. Ends up really limiting the menu to chicken, fish, and beef. I have made a great clam chowder and I use radish as potatoes. First time, awesome. Could not taste the radish pungent flavor at all. Tried it with beef stew. Worked great. Tried shredding them for fake hashbrowns, yuck. Found no vege sub for hashbrowns. Mashed cauliflower is good but I only mash. Tried using it for rice and it took over the flavor of the dish. Tried using it for sushi rolls. Mixed with cream cheese and spread and made sushi at home. Gross and double gross. When I do rolls at home I mash avocado and cream cheese and spread on the nori. Put whatever raw fish inside and roll and then have to put in freezer for about half an hour because cream cheese and avocado makes it super hard to cut into pieces since it us a bit mushy. Take it out after half hour and perfect. Anyway, I lost 1.8 lbs in the past 2 days so I guess that is good.

(Brennan) #10

Brenda Zorn has a fantastic (from what I hear) waffle/pancake recipe using pork rinds. I haven’t tried them myself yet, but they’re on the menu for this weekend. If you look through the recipes section of the forum you’ll probably find better options than an online store selling keto products. This recipe looks to be quick and easy so is something you could probably fit into your busy schedule.