Did you throw out your toaster?

No toaster.
I’ve given away everything resembling toast awhle ago and am avoiding reawakening old circuits.
Seems like my body is better running on meat than any sort of flour even keto friendly flour like almond. So, I am supported to avoid toast-like substances.
Occasionally I fantasize about pancakes but it usually doesn’t last long enough for me to do anything dangerous about it. :slight_smile:

(Brian) #70

Hi Natasha,

I have two, actually!

One is for almond flour pancakes and the other is for coconut flour pancakes. They’ll both make a good waffle although I think in the recipe descriptions, it might tell you to alter the ingredients slightly between pancakes and waffles.

I like the coconut flour pancakes when I used them as pancakes. I like them with a little peanut butter and some fruit syrup on them. There are some keto pancake syrup type products out there but I’ve never bothered with them. At our house, pancakes are kind of a “sweet” thing.

But for something savory, I don’t like coconut flour and the coconut flavor it brings to the table. It does nasty things with my taste buds so I just don’t do that. So I use the almond flour recipe for my savory chicken n waffles instead. It works quite well.

(I don’t have a recipe for savory chicken n waffles. I just try to use some chunks of leftover chicken and thicken a little of the juices from them, maybe add a few seasonings, and use that generously over a waffle. I know some people like them sweet but I really like a more savory flavor with that. It’s kind of a work in progress, though, and I’m still trying to figure out the best seasonings.)

:slight_smile:

(Natasha) #71

This is great, thank you so much.

At our house too! Although I do also like sweet pancakes with crispy bacon!

Mmmmm, now you’re talking! Chicken and waffles… they are going on next week’s menu! My children will thrilled :grin:

(Chris) #72

Haven’t thrown it out yet, but using it would be a health hazard as it’s full of dust. Guess I should toss it.

(RossanaF) #73

Keto English muffins taste a lot better when toasted after making. So toaster stays…Every now and then I have one with smoked salmon and cream cheese and raw onions and it’s delicious.
How do you “blur” a word? Never done that…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #74

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #75

While editing your post, click on the gear icon, and an option “Blur Spoiler” will appear in the pop-up menu.

(Consensus is Politics) #76

Mine has been re-purposed. I haven’t been using a standard, slotted, vertical pop up toast toaster. I had been using a Black and Decker toaster over, yes even for toast. It took forever anyway. I’m ashamed to say how many times I made toast for breakfast, before work, only to find it still in the toaster the next day when I went back to make some more. Took so long to make it I forgot it was there. Thank goodness it auto shut off.

I now use it for actual baking instead. I make all of my Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken thighs there now. Much quicker cooking them in the standard oven, mostly because there is very little preheat time.

Next, I’m gonna figure out how to do pork bellies in it. There must be a way.

@carl I’m hoping to hear some of your pork belly…[wait for it…]
RECIPIES!!!

(Consensus is Politics) #77

I havent tried any Ketofied breads, yet. I would assume they are about as different as Flat bread is to regular bread. Like how a flour tortilla wrap at a sandwich shop is compared to a regular sub sandwich.

(Consensus is Politics) #78

Using the useful spoiler function can also make for some hilarious posts by needlessly censoring your own comments about someone.

Take @PaulL that Old Baconian that he is. Some would think he is from someplace called Bacon. Me on the other hand, a true dyed in the wool … whats the term… oh, yeah… Ketonian

Keto Vitae!

(Deborah ) #79

:+1::+1: Brenda’s pork rind pancakes are awesome!

(RossanaF) #80

Got it! Thanks!

('Jackie P') #81

Someone once bought me a lovely toaster but I rarely used it. Mostly because I usually made cheese on toast! This is something I still miss on odd occassions.
Cheese on toast with baked beans on top! Nooooo!!! What am I saying. Sorry guys🙄

(Jane) #82

I have a toaster oven instead of a toaster so it stays.

I put it in the pantry to free up countertop space and get it out for holiday cooking so I can bake some of the dishes while the turkey is hogging up the oven.

If I want to toast keto bread I just butter it and brown in a skillet.

(Troy) #83

:grimacing: Oops
YIkes
Thanks for the reminder on the archaic gadget
Time to check the bread crumb tray catcher things ma jig!!
It’s probably some fermented yeast concoction now🤢

(Consensus is Politics) #84

Yep. Better safe than sorry. Breads gonna getcha one way or another. All that dust mixed in with desiccated bread particles… POOF! Like black powder.

[odd. I opened this thread and found a partial comment waiting. I only have the vaguest recollection of you his. I have no idea how old it is :man_facepalming:t2:]

(Keto butts drive me nuts) #85

My toaster cried out yesterday for something to do. It was sad…

I haven’t used mine in 17 months. I swear I don’t know why it’s still on the counter?!?!

I have used mine a couple of times making Keto Christina’s 90 second Keto bread…I sliced it in half, toasted at max level twice lol, slathered with butter and :yum:. I omit any baking powder or xanthum gum now…reacted to both I suspect due to corn’s involvement in those products, still turned out pretty good.

(Scott) #88

Still have the toaster but I have no idea where I put it.