Favorite way to eat pork rinds/chicharrones?

I eat mine with pimiento cheese

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

With guacamole or sour cream.

If I neeeeeeed (ok, or want) a snack, then, dipped in mascarpone cheese mmmmm!!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

Also with guac or with sour cream with diced “nacho” jalapenos mixed in.

(Scott) #5

I have been thinking about this today, has anyone had any luck with pork rind nachos? I would think they would get soggy too quick. I have been jonesing for that spicy mexican velveeta cheese to dip them in but I haven’t had a chance to read the label since I started this behaviour. Until I try these sour cream is the food I use pork rinds as tool to get to my mouth.

Just checked, 3g per serving but there are 16 in a block so if I have a half it will be too many carbs. It’s funny, I at one time would eat 3/4 of a block with sour cream and a jumbo bag of nacho chips. OMG

(Bunny) #6

Brenda has some nice pork rind recipes maybe pork rind chaffles, maybe mix ingredients together in a Chaffle recipe (experiment?)…lol

(Troy) #7

" Every which way but loose "
Clint’s way😉

I eat 2 bags A day
I think I’m developing a ” pork belly ” though
NSV :rofl:

Lately…
just Scooping up my ground beef!
Simple , Crunchy added texture

(Bunny) #8

That sounds like Nachos…lol

image link

Gawd that looks good…mmmmm!

How could you eat this and not be satisfied?

(Troy) #9

Lol
Nachos are too much work for me

#lazyketo

(Bunny) #10

I’m making this for dinner… not to much work! Just got to get my lazy butt to the grocery store…lol

(Susan) #11

I cook a large batch of ground beef with spices and freeze it in individual servings. Then i use the pork rinds to have nachos.
My other favourite way to use them is as a topping for cauliflower “mac” and cheese

(Full Metal KETO AF) #12

I don’t eat them often but when I do, they get stuffed in my mouth and chewed! :laughing::joy::grin:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Susan) #13

I have looked for them various times in Walmart and I have never seen them, so I have no idea what they taste like.

(Karen) #14

I used to grind them up and put them in Brenda’s waffles. But now I mix some taco seasoning, or fiesta dip mix into sour cream. You need to watch this, because there’s a little bit of sugar in it so just put enough in to flavor

(Empress of the Unexpected) #15

That sounds really yummy. I make my own taco seasoning with a recipe on diet doctor.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #16

Yes. Also soft Mexican cheese with jalapenos mixed in.

(Jeff Gilbertson) #17

Favorite way to eat pork rinds?

With my fingers.

A good substitute for croutons in salad as well.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #19

I enjoy dumping them directly into the trashcan.

(Susan) #20

Hehehehe --I have never seen them in the stores (I have looked since joining this forum as people seem to love them but I have still never tried any -because I cannot find them in Walmart).