Egg News

(Mike W.) #12

I could eat a dozen deviled eggs a day without question. I love them.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

That’s what your bacon, sausage, and steak are for, lol! :bacon:

(Troy) #14

And pork Rinds
To Sop up that yolk!

(Jay AM) #15

I wonder if the raw benefits last with salt curing. I’ve really wanted to try salt cured yolks.

(Candy Lind) #16

I think it might have been DietDoctor where someone said to come back and ask if you got up to 36. LOL!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #17

Pretty sure I’ve been saying that a lot… 12 seems like a low number if I’m planning on replacing some breakfast protein with eggs…

(LeeAnn Brooks) #18

If anyone has a good Keto eggs Benedict recipie to share, I would be humbly in your debt.

I actually found a hollandaise sauce recipie, but I don’t know what to sub out the English muffin with.

(Lisa F) #19

Found this in a paleo magazine and it was wonderful -

For four servings:

8 large portobello mushroom caps
Olive oil
Chopped chives
Sea salt and pepper
8 slices Canadian bacon

Preheat to 450. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
Combine olive oil, chives, salt and pepper and brush over mushroom caps (remove stems first - save for a future salad)

Put mushrooms smooth side down on baking sheet, and top with a slice of Canadian bacon. Bake for 20 mins.

Once done add poached eggs, hollandaise and voila!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #20

:nauseated_face:. Sorry, you lost me at mushroom caps. Should have said I hate mushrooms. One of the only foods I can’t stand.

(Lisa F) #21

That’s too bad! I’d just go with some fried up bacon (Canadian or otherwise) and maybe add some baby spinach to the pan too?

(LeeAnn Brooks) #22

I had a version that used a fried green tomato once in New Orleans. It was amazing. Maybe a porkrind/almond flour light coating to fry up a slice of green tomato would work?

I can recommend the 90-second keto bread as a good muffiny substitute. It’s nice and dense so it would soak up egg yolk perfectly. I used it last weekend to make cheese on toast and it was awesome! :smile:

Sadly, I have a congenital inability to poach an egg, so I would have to settle for fried with a dippy yolk…

(Lisa F) #24

That sounds amazing! Now I’m trying to think of other things you could bread with pork rinds for a base.

There are also Keto waffles and pancakes out there in recipeland if you don’t mind Keto versions of regular foods.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #25

I’ve made the porkrind pancakes, but it was very early in on my Keto journey and all I wanted was to smother them in some Mrs Butterworth.
Wasn’t as satisfying with the almond butter topping I made for it.

I’ll have to try again now that my sugar cravings are gone.

(Candy Lind) #26

There are several keto “English Muffin” recipes out there. I swear, if there’s anything you really miss desperately, you can put the words “low-carb” or “keto” and the name on Google, and something will come up! One I’ve been meaning to try is English muffins made with @Brenda’s pork rind pancake batter. I should do that for brunch tomorrow! :thinking:

Walden Farms pancake or walnut/maple syrup plus melted butter (hit with a wire whisk or immersion blender) over the top of Zorn’s pancakes will make you forget Butterworth ever existed.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #28

Hollandaise is naturally keto AF.

I would replace the muffin with…

A slice of roasted pork loin. Or some other fairly neutral protein, that could be browned a bit in a skillet.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #29

Eggs Benedict already has a layer of Canadian bacon or ham.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #30

I am aware.

From the bottom up, bread, cured pork loin (aka Canadian Bacon) , poached egg, hollandaise and optional herbs for appearance. Chives work nicely.

My proposal: slice of uncured roasted pork loin (or chicken breast or anything that is mild flavored meat), back bacon/Canadian bacon, poached egg, hollandaise.

Honestly, I don’t want a substitute bread product. I’d just as soon top back bacon with eggs and hollandaise and call it a keto day.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #31

And your point is? LOLOL! :bacon:

(Omar) #32

who will make it up for my lost life
without eggs😁

when the presumed scince was saying
eggs are bad