Ideas for fussy kid

(Trina) #1

Hi, I’m fairly new to Keto, hubby wanted to do it and I am the main cook so we’re all doing it, we have 3 small kids so they’re not restricted as us, but we have cut out their sugar coz it makes them so feral. Anyway, I want to reduce the amount of bread they eat for breakfast and lunch because I think it’s affecting their behaviour, and doesn’t fill them up properly as well, pretty much all day I get I’m hungry I’m hungry, even if they’ve just eaten. The problem is, while my other kids will happily eat scrambled eggs, my middle child doesn’t like eggs, bacon, ham, melted cheese, anything like that, he’s a toast or weetbix kid and doesn’t like anything other than peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. Any ideas? I’m a bit stuck as to what we could feed him. (They are 5,3, and 1)

My girls (11 and 14) love these pancakes with butter and sugar free syrup

(Trina) #3

They look pretty good, I’ll give them a try, thanks for that.

Sure! Lots of protein. If you make the full recipe, it makes ~18 pancakes (using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake). You may want to half the recipe to see if they like them first. There’s also a very well loved recipe for pancakes/ waffles made with pork rinds on the forums by Brenda.

I’ll second the pork rinds waffles. I have 3 kids and one is super picky.

By the way, Brenda (originator of that waffle recipe) is like my freakin’ hero around here. She rocks.

(Cristian Lopez) #6

Buy Flat out bread or carb balance mission tortillas and spread PB2 powderd peanut butter if you want to balance out carb too fat ratio for day plus the added protein or just use straight up almond/peanut butter for more calorie or even mix them!

give them like 1-3 of theses wraps and they will be stuffed!

you can also add pieces of straw berry or sugar free jelly inside the wraps

Also try introducing them too nuts!

especially try giving them flax seeds,sunflower seeds,walnuts,almonds,pecans all covered in liquid stevia and OMG!

One more tip is that you could also buy HEB sucralose olny sweetend sparkling fruit beverages after meals,carbonation fills you up and has no aspartame if your concerned about that!
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-sparkling-tropical-fruit-water-beverage/686245
-Ice sparkling bevarage
-plain old diet soda
-propel
-4c flavor packets
-mio

or give them low carb whey protein shakes after meals ,just a scoop of whey,ice,water-almond-flax-pea-filtered milk,or heavy cream,sugar free chocolate syrup,cinnamon,vanilla extract,fiber supplement,peanut butter,and pinch of salt for savoriness and boom protein after meals for your kids too grow strong and tall.

btw im olny a 15 year old doing keto for health benefits and growth so I know how too deal with carb cravings, and also give them vitamin gummies if there bodies are not really hungry but asking for micro nutrients!

(Cristian Lopez) #7

dont judge me but sometimes I put a little stevia on my veggies and it turns them into fruit lol

(Stan Brooks) #8

A rule that applied to me as a child and now apply to my kids is “you don’t have to eat what is made,but you don’t get anything thing else”. Kids are not dumb. Once they realize it’s not going to happen they move on.

(Dustin Cade) #9

Our kids live on meat and cheese and some veggies… Keep it simple!

(Trina) #10

UI have that rule for dinner, he has gone to bed hungry a few times coz he won’t even try it and I’m not making anything different. But I’m a bit more lenient for bfast and lunch, but if I try him on a couple ideas and none work then he has nothing. He’s so stubborn.

(Trina) #11

He’s so fussy, he doesn’t like smoothies or milkshakes really in general, he would love on milk and cheese (but not melted) and cucumber and strawberries. Meat he is hit and miss with, sometimes he loves steak and then the next time he just pushes his plate away, same with chicken fish pork, I’m trying not to buy the low carb wraps, they cost me a fortune and he will go through a packet himself if I allowed him.

(Trina) #12

Would be so much easier if he ate eggs, or bacon or even ham or something, I like to make the little egg muffin things and he won’t even take a bite…

(Trina) #13

He loves nuts, almonds and walnuts and things like that. I don’t want to give him a supplement (if he even drank it, coz he doesn’t like smoothies or milkshakes) coz I want him to eat really food, but he’s making it very difficult lol.