Fried Butter

butter

(Jacob Wagner) #1

Last night I watched the season opener of The Blacklist. In it, they mentioned that a carnival served deep fried butter. I think that really sounds good, does anyone have a recipe?

–Jacob

(Georgia) #2

I know at some state fairs the butter is frozen, then dipped in pancake batter before being deep fried. I don’t know if using an egg/pork rind or other keto koating would give you the same results or if the butter would just dissolve in the hot oil.

Good luck, though. I hope it works out for you.

(Khara) #3

Ya, they’re pretty good. It ends up being this little hollow ball of breading. It’s sort of like a donut. Maybe this should be the next Keto-fied recipe!

(James storie) #4

@Brenda has a pork rind pancake batter that might do the trick! Look it up in the recipe section if you haven’t seen it.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

@KBG

PORK RIND PANCAKES!(OR WAFFLES!) (you're welcome)

(Tovan Nhsh) #6

Hah! I watched the same episode & then went on a recipe search. I do not have a deep fryer so no luck though.

(Jacob Wagner) #7

Me neither. But, I have a queue of equipment that I want and I am getting 1-2 things per month. A deep fryer is on my list.

–Jacob

(Khara) #8

A queue of new equipment.… Yes. I’ve been noticing how the standard kitchen equipment I’ve had all my life is morphing into a whole new completely different set. Keto is changing the look of the kitchen. I’ve got a list too, too many items to buy all at once. For the deep fryer I was looking at the Fry Daddy.