My Keto Recipes

You’re quite welcome. :slight_smile::+1:

Well, I went back and tried my Shrimp Egg Foo Young again for the third time, and have to say thanks to Diane (@DiMo) for the suggestion of using Glucomannan Powder, which worked quite well indeed! :+1:

I have to say that I ended up using 8 large eggs this time, after I added the 1 can of Bean Sprouts, and bag of Shrimp, I thought it might need more Eggs? But I might have been wrong, being that it ended up making 6 large patties so think 6 Eggs would have worked just fine. So think I will stay with 6 and adjust the amount of sauce by half which I think will be enough for 4 big patties.

Shrimp Egg Foo Young:

Mixture:

• 6 Large Eggs
  • 1 Can Bean Sprouts (14.5oz.)
  • 1 lb. Bag of Peeled, Cooked Shrimp
  • 1 Nice chunk of butter to begin each patty.

Sauce (This will be the sauce I will be using)

• 1 Cup of Chicken Broth
  • 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
  • 8 Drops of Liquid Stevia
  • 1/2 tsp. Glucomannan Powder

(Note: The above ingredients for the sauce are basically half of what I used today. But I think half will be plenty since I had some left over. For the record I used 2 Cup Chicken Broth, 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar and 20 drops of Liquid Stevia. The Sauce is supposed to be slightly sweet, but think it was just a little too sweet. So I will try 8 drops or so, but you can adjust to your liking.)

Mixed the Eggs, Bean Sprouts and Shrimp in a mixing bowl. (1 Can of Bean Sprouts seem to be good so it wasn’t too much like last time.) I then put the Chicken Broth in a Sauce pan, added the Soy Sauce, White Wine Vinegar and let that heat up on low heat. Heated the Frying pan to about medium so when I placed the mixture in, it immediately starts cooking quickly. (should bubble along the edges, like it may be too hot. But this helps get the edges cooked quickly to help keep it’s shape.) Then used the spatula to push the edges back toward the center to keep the patties thicker and not spread out too large. This is just for the first half to full minute or so. … Once the sauce heated up I started to add the Glucomannan, sprinkling it in slowly as I stirred it constantly. It thickened pretty nicely and did not take that long and wasn’t too thick and didn’t clump up. I just cooked the patties until they were browned up some.

It ended up making 6 nice sized patties, so my Son tried one since he had already eaten, and I had 4 and my 2 Pups, Khaleesi and Shelby got the last one with very, very little sauce. Everyone liked it.

Actually added a good amount of Sauce since I already realized it was going to be more than I needed so it’s why I reduced the mixture in half. Still had nearly 1/2 cup in the pan afterwards too. But think this will now work to my liking. At least I can’t think of anything else I can tweak at this time. :slight_smile:

What Did You Keto Today? Part IV
(Steve) #130

Outstanding Dave!
Thanks

Decided I wanted a different taste today for lunch, but didn’t have too much that isn’t frozen. Already have NY Strip Steaks in the Sous Vide for tonight, so took some of the same ingredients I usually have ready and made something different out of it. Just winging it, and I do like frying up patties of stuff…

Note: I usually say lunch, since I don’t eat early, (around Noon) but it’s usually Breakfast type foodies.

Italian Breakfast Patties:

• 16oz. Roll Gwaltney Mild Sausage (0 carbs)
  • 4 Slices of Thick Cut Bacon, cooked and cut up (0 carbs)
  • Pepperoni slices cut in quarters (used about 20 or 25) (1 carb)
  • 2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese (6 to 7 carbs)
  • 3 Large Eggs (1.8 carbs)
  • Approx. 1/2 to 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning

Started by cooking up the Bacon & Sausage, and getting the pepperoni and Cheese altogether

Put all the ingredients into a Mixing Bowl

Mixed that up all up real good to even it out, then started added Eggs, one at a time until I felt three gave me a good texture to work with. Also added the Italian Seasoning, which I’m guessing was 1 tsp.

Then heated a frying pan on low/med heat, added some butter and put some in the center. I had to make the patty by using the spatula to form it to the size I wanted. Then cooked it for about 3-4 or so minutes on both sides. (Like mine a little crispy!) I also put two in the oven to see how that would work but ended up pulling them out and throwing them in the fryer. (Did I mention I like my stuff crispy? :smile:

They came out pretty good, and did indeed have a different taste. Somewhat my normal breakfast type foods, but they surely taste different and were a hit with the Family. - They should be able to freeze as well, but will have to test this when I make more then I would eat. :laughing: … I ate 3, the wife ate 1 and my Son ate 1, though they had eaten the rest of the Pizza I made last night. Made 5 nice patties

I actually meant to try adding some Mustard in the mix to one of them, as well as putting some Italian Dressing on one when it was done, but didn’t think about it at the time. By then it was too late.

The Wife stopped by a store the other day to pick something up & ended up calling me to say she had actually found something that I had been searching for over the years… Turkey Gizzards! - I have been looking for these at numerous locations for many, many years with no luck. I’ve always eaten Chicken Gizzards and Livers, and of course, Turkey too. But only the few you get with each Turkey you buy. But I now know of a place that might carry them regularly?!? If anything I have the 3 packs she picked up.

Wasn’t sure how I wanted to make these, but decided to just slow cook them and make some gravy.

Simple Turkey Gizzards in Gravy

• 1 Package Turkey Gizzards (2+ lb.) Trimmed of all Silverskin, grinding plate, etc.

Turkey Gravy:

• 1-1/2 Cups Turkey Stock
  • 1 tsp. Glucomannan Powder
  • Chopped Scallions (2-3 stalks) - (I actually forgot to add these this time!)
  • 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
  • Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Since these Turkey Gizzards were quite large, I decided to completely trim them of all their Silverskin, Grinding-Plate, etc. (I don’t usually do this with Chicken Gizzards, since they are not that big to begin with, and would end up quite small once they cook up) This also helps with being maybe too chewy.

Trimming the Silverskin, Grinding-Plate, etc…

I ended up yielding just over 20 oz. or 570 g of trimmed up meat. Added this to a large skillet and filled with water to about 1/2 inch above the pieces.

Cooked on Low/Med for about ten minutes, which will cause the denatured protein to form on the top, which can then be skimmed off. (This step doesn’t have to be done, but I do prefer to. Foam/Scum will eventually break back down into liquid.) And the pieces shrunk down some. Turned down temp to Low.

After letting this slow cook over the next 3+ hrs, I strained it well, placed it in a Sauce Pan and added 1 Cup of the Turkey Stock. I let this cook some on Low/Med for another 20 minutes or so, then added 1 tsp. Glucomannan Powder to another 1/2 Cup (cold) Turkey Stock, mixed it well and incorporated this into the pan. It then only took about 5 minutes or so on medium heat for the Gravy to get nice & thick.

This actually came out quite good, even though I had forgotten to add the damn Scallions! :no_mouth: I was doing multiple things at the time and just plain forgot. But the gravy came out pretty good too.

If this store actually does carry these regularly, I will definitely be picking some up from time to time. Also thinking I could fry some of them up for the Girls to have as Chewy-Treats. They absolutely love and drive me crazy anytime I eat Chicken Gizzards (or Liver) so these big boys should work great!

Decided to try something today I had thought about, but just hadn’t tried yet… Boy what an idiot! :crazy_face:

I’ve been using the Jennie-O Taco Seasonings Turkey Sausage for some time now, using it mostly for making Taco Salads & even adding it to some other recipes, such as the Zucchini Boats I like to make, to add a different flavor from time to time. But I’ve really been wanted to try it in a stuffed omelette.

Taco Omelette

• 16 oz. Jennie-O Taco Seasoning Turkey Sausage (0 Carbs)
  • 5 - Large Eggs (Approx. 3 Carbs)
  • 3 - Scallions (Chopped/Diced) (3 to 4 Carbs)
  • 1/2 Medium Tomato (2+/- Carbs)
  • 1/2 Cup? Shredded Cheddar Cheese (4 Carbs)
  • 4 tbsp. Sour Cream (2 Carbs)
  • Salt and Pepper

First I threw the Turkey Sausage into a frying pan and cooked it for about 10-15 minutes, making sure to break it up so it was fine and not large clumps. (Note: Once the Turkey Sausage is broken up it will create a liquid which cooks back in after about 5-10 min. Took it off the heat and set it to the side.)

Cooked up Taco Turkey Sausage and Chopped up 3 Scallions and sliced 1/2 Tomato…

*Whisked up 5 Large Eggs, poured them into a large frying pan with Butter and added Salt & Pepper. I let this cook up some, maybe 4 minutes or so, or just until the egg is almost set on top. *

*Added a little Cheddar Cheese all over, then added the Turkey Sausage and then some Scallions… *

Added Tomato and then some Sour Cream on the other side…

Added a bit more Cheese, then flipped it in half and added the remaining Cheese…

It came out excellent and had a lot of flavor. (I’ve already taken another roll of it out for tomorrow! :smile: Batch made 2 very large and filling Omelettes, which my Son & I had one each. He really liked it too!

(Ashley) #134

I’m going to try this if I can find the sausage that looks like a easy meal!

It really is quite simple, as well as filling. The Turkey Sausage is also very Taco-y in flavor too. - Picked some up a couple years ago, just to try it out and have something different to work with. - Found I really like using it to make Taco Salads, which also works great. (Taco’s have always been a favorite of mine)

Let me know if you’re able to find some and try it. Would love to see the pics. :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #136

I will do I’ll probably check out the store tomorrow and see what I can find, taco salads are my favorite so I’m very intrigued! The omelette will be great as I have a lot of eggs to eat!

(Ashley) #137

@Digital_Dave I haven’t made a omelette yet but I am trying the turkey taco meat just in a bowl with sour cream and cheese it smells good cooking, this may just turn into a new favorite meat, fatten it up a bit since it’s lean and I think it’ll be great a addition and easy to cook!

(Ashley) #138

Update the turkey taco meat is fantastic, I’m assuming the sugar in it is minuscule! This may just be my new favorite meat.

Nice! :+1: - Glad you were able to get some. I really like the flavor, though it does remind me of Cat Food a little when I first open it and start cooking it up. :smile: - But once cooked, it’s pretty awesome stuff.

I like that it’s lean so I can add all the stuff that I like such as Sour Cream, Cheese, Dressings without overdoing it. But it seems like the applications for it are only limited to ones imagination. :smile: Usually keep a few rolls of it around, and can always come up with a quick way of making a meal from it.

(Ashley) #140

See mine didn’t come in rolls it was in a container but same stuff except mine has canola oil so not happy about that so much, the rolls were all plain at my Wal-Mart sadly.

Well, with my Garden producing like mad presently, and Zucchini’s coming in great at the moment, I’ve been making some Zucchini Boats here again lately. I also got to try one of the ideas I had, besides just the Sweet Italian Sausage and Hamburger mix I really like, which was a Steak & Cheese version…

Steak & Cheese Zucchini Boat with Mayo and Fried Onions

This was simply going to be a Steak & Cheese stuffed Zucchini Boat with some Mayo & Fried Onions. But we also only had one pack of thin steaks at the time, so it wasn’t as meaty as I had planned. It was still quite good, but I have really planned on making a few, and with more meat in them…

Cut the Zucchini in half and scraped out the innards…

V cooked up the Steak for me, as well as the Onions and scraped out the Zucchini. (Not sure what I was doing at the time? But think I was out in the Garden while she did this?

Decided to add some mayo on the bottom of the shell too, thinking I wouldn’t be able to add too much on the top end. (I really like Mayo on a Steak and Cheese)

Also decided to put some Mozzarella on the bottom of the shell as well…

Added the meat, 1/2 of the Fried Onions and the Innards back into a frying pan and cooked for 10 min.

Then split the mix and put it in the Zucchini shells, and added the rest of the Onions on top…

I then baked it for 20 minutes at 400°. When it was done I added the Mayo. (I also had very little Mayo left :angry:, so I just put what I had left on the two halves…

Then added Mozzarella Cheese on top & place it back in the oven to cook an additional 20 minutes

Not sure about the timing, and not to overcook it, I kept an eye on it, but 20 minutes seem to work well.

It came out quite good. I didn’t want to go too crazy with Onions, since they are a bit carby. But I would have probably added more Mayo, as well as the meat. But for a first run, I enjoyed the way it came out.

All that lovely brown color. Did you use a sirloin cut? Thanks for sharing.

I believe so, but my Wife picked it up so can’t say for sure. She had cooked up the meat and Onions for me while I was busy wrapping up some other work I was doing. … She usually picks some up here and there to make Steak and Cheese’s or Stir Fry with it, but I only had the one pack to work with. All other steaks that I have were frozen in the Deep Freezer, so used the thin sliced package she had bought.

Made these before, but never posted them. Wife saw one of pics of the Tuna-melt patties and said she wanted some of the Cheesy-Chicken-Fritters I do for lunch today… So I went ahead and made some up today…

Cheesy-Chicken-Fritters

This is another quick, easy meal that hits the spot and not a lot to it. Once I make up the mix, I simply scoop a nice portion, place it in the hot pan (Medium Heat, but definitely more hot than warm) w/ Butter and use the spatula to press it down and form the patty. I then I cook them for 3 to 4 minutes on both sides. (I like my stuff crispy anyway, but these you pretty much have to, else they stay on the soft side)

• 2 Cans - Chunk White Chicken Breast (20 oz. - 10oz each) (Carbs <5)
  • 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese (Carbs- 16 … 2 per 1/4 Cup)
  • 2 Large Eggs (Carbs 1 - 1.5)
  • 1/2 Cup Ragu Classic Alfredo (Carbs 4)
  • Sea Salt - ? I just add some, so to taste
  • Black Pepper - Again, to taste
  • Roasted Garlic & Herb (Grill Mates, I love these seasonings)

Opened and drained the two cans of Chunk White Chicken Breast…

Placed it in a bowl and added some Seasonings…

*Added 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, Ragu Classic Alfredo Sauce and the 2 Large Eggs *

Decided to pull out the hand mixer this time. Mixed it all up, which also helps break up the Cheese

Placed Butter in the hot pan, added a good sized scoop of the mix. Then using the spatula, pressed it down and formed a patty.

Depending on the heat of the pan, I usually cook these 3 - 5 minutes on each side. They stay a bit soft, so you have to cook them up until nice and crispy, but they don’t seem to ever burn.

They come out pretty good, have a great taste and are quite filling. I actually find the consistency to be that of Tuna-Fish, but without the fishier taste. This was the first of my Wife’s two see ate. :slight_smile:

Of course, mine were better along with Bacon, and some Cherry Tomatoes from the Garden. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wanted something a little different today, so started throwing stuff together shortly after 9am to have for lunch… Started with some Knockwurst I had thawed out and went from there…

Knockwurst-Mushroom Casserole

1 - 24oz. Jar Rao’s Marinara Sauce (Carbs 35)
1 - 4 Pack Uncured Knockwurst (Carbs 4)
1 - 8oz. Pack of Mushrooms (Carbs 8?) Guessing here
2 - Cups Mozzarella Cheese (Carbs 16)
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Carbs 2)
2 - Med/Large Scallions (Carbs 2-3?)
Seasonings: To taste
Parsley
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Oregano

So about 65-70 Carbs or so for the whole dish. Which was baked in a 7" x 10" baking dish…

Put the Rao’s Sauce in the pan, and added the sliced up Knockwurst. Plus added the seasonings…

After this cooked up for about 10 minutes, I added in the Mushrooms, then Scallions…

As you may have noticed, I was quickly running out of pan space, so switched over to a larger pan…

I let this cook for about 30 - 40 minutes? (Wasn’t paying attention really) But this allowed the extra oil & water to cook out, so it tightened up some, but you could take it out around 20-25 to keep it a bit wet.

Then moved this to a 7" x 10" glass baking pan, and added the Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese…

I then baked it at 400° for 28 minutes, but that’s because I had lost track of time and wanted to see how long it would take to brown up. So for those not wanting to brown up this much, 20 to 25 might work. I do personally like mine on a crispier side, and it wasn’t burnt or hard, but the image does make it look dark.

I ate 1/4 of it and added some Ham and some Cherry Tomatoes from the Garden…

Decided to give it a shot to create a nice wrap this morning. For the first run, it wasn’t bad. But will keep working with it, since I kept it simple/basic to begin with. (I find sometime less is more and keeping it simple is always an extra plus) Decided to try and keep it wrap thin-ness, not wanting it too thick.

Two-Egg Sour Cream Wrap:

• 2 Eggs
  • 2 Tbs. Sour Cream
  • 1 Tbs. Almond Flour
  • 1 Tbs. Almond Milk
  • Dash of Sea Salt

Meat or fillings of your liking…

I actually tried 2 Tbs. of Almond flour on the first one, but cut it back to one, to see what the difference was. So it worked with one, so no need for the extra. Though it didn’t rip or tear on me, still think it may need something to help give it just a little more body/strength to it overall. I also didn’t use anything in the pan, but butter would probably help crisp it up some? Might try it next time, but the bare pan worked.

First sliced up a piece of London Broil, that was Sous Vide for about 4 hours. (Not my favorite cut of meat but the Wife and Son like it, and I had cut this one into three) so they had theirs with Bacon/Eggs.

I actually cut it into smaller pieces, but took the pic after slicing it. Set it to the side for now…
IMG_5297 IMG_5298

Cut up a Scallion, 3 Cherry Tomatoes and some Lettuce. - Started mixing the wrap ingredients…
IMG_5304 IMG_5301

Poured mixture into the large frying pan, letting it form itself. Note: I did not use anything on the pan and it worked fine. But might try Butter next time just to see the difference. Sorta looks like a large Pancake.
IMG_5302 IMG_5320

I did flip it after it set up, but flipped it back before moving it to the plate. Tried this on both sides…
IMG_5309 IMG_5312

Had tried Mayo on the first one, but decided to shoot for more Sour Cream on the second. Both worked well, but I think I prefer the extra Sour Cream. Plus I realized I only needed half the meat, so made two.
IMG_5314 IMG_5315

*They came out pretty good, and as mentioned, you can see where I tore the first one some, trying to use a rubber scrapper to make sure the edges were loose. (Which they were) but my large spatula was in the sink and I didn’t realize this until I needed it, or course! :crazy_face: I also tried adding some Psyllium Husk to the second one (1/2 tsp.) but can’t say it was needed, or did much? But I was hoping it might just some extra strength/body to them, but they still wrapped up pretty good and didn’t tear. I was also hoping the Sour Cream would knock the Eggy taste down some, since most usually say they don’t like that. I do not really care personally since I do like eggs, but I can see some dishes being less appealing with the Egg taste though. So if I can help lose that, I will. … Plus I can always just wrap some Scrambled Eggs with some meats for added Egg taste. :slight_smile: :+1: *
IMG_5324
Note… I only used tooth pics, because I thought it might unroll, but it actually didn’t. But held up well…
IMG_5325

Looks great. Thanks for the details.