What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Diane) #3360

I was thinking bad ass!

(Jody) #3361

To go with my raw ground beef tonight, I made some carnivore egg salad (eggs and butter). Tonight, I decided to use soft-boiled eggs, so it would be even more moist … got this shot as I started, just look at the color of those yolks!!!

Here is the final outcome alongside the 1lb of ground beef.

(FRANK) #3362

@Digital_Dave: Recipe for the coconut cream cheese cake?

(Tracy) #3363

That’s better than a foot of bread if you have to eat out. I still can’t bring myself to eat anything someone else makes. But again, a better option than bread.

(Laurie) #3364

For years I would order a “meatball salad” at Subway. Spinach, peppers – whatever I wanted for the salad part – with meatballs and sauce on top. Plus shredded cheese and chipotle dressing. People standing in line would always say, “That looks so good!”

And I did enjoy it. But keep in mind that the meat portions are small, and both meatballs and sliced meats contain carby fillers. And shredded cheese and salad dressing contain carbs …

Still, better than eating Subway bread.

Here’s the recipe I use. I tried to keep it simple, but there are other things one can add such as pees, onions, etc. But this keeps it simple and it works for me. … The steps I used are located further up in the post linked below, but the only real change was the suggestion of using Glucomannan Powder to thicken the sauce, which works quite well and I use it for thickening a lot of sauce now. … I just make sure to get the pan hot which helps give the crispier edges. :slight_smile:

I plan on tweaking the recipe some more, especially since It was my first run at creating one. So I just winged it with basic ingredients I wanted to use. But though it actually came out pretty good as is, I did change up some stuff the last minute and I don’t think it helped overall. I should have stuck with the one I had originally came up with. … I’ll try to get to it sometime this weekend, and if so, will post the recipe. The crust was one thing I wasn’t sure of for this one, but really liked the results, but just need to cut back the ingredients to work better. It was a bit too thick, but almost reminded me of a Coconut Cookie base so I think it will work well once it’s the right amount. Some might find the thicker sides a bit too hard overall.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3367

Went out to dinner this evening. I got grilled mahi-mahi with a charred tomato sauce and shrimp. As well as green beans. Non-keto girlfriend also ate a keto meal - herbed chicken with crab meat and green beans. The food was delicious!

image image

(Karen) #3368

Pork

(Karen) #3369

That is true. No bread involved. BMT

With carbs at 13. This is with a single serving of meat. For an additional two dollars from the website shown above you get twice the protein. Still I know not homemade and maybe not the best choice

(Jody) #3370

Finished my fastest logged 9.2 mile run today … so I fueled up tonight.

1.2lb Ribeye, 1 pack bacon, some shrimp and 3 tbs butter. Not pictured were 3 raw chicken livers.

(Look … something other than ground beef :stuck_out_tongue: )

(Karen) #3371

Leftovers for breakfastimage

(Karen) #3372

Lemon grass beef leftovers for lunchimage

(Neil) #3373

Started the day off with cheese, as usual:

Sausages, eggs, mushrooms, avocado:

Pork tenderloin stuffed with blue cheese, pecans, diced onions, and herbs:

(Karen) #3374

Italian sausage, purple cabbage, zucchini, tomatoes, and green harissaimage

(Jody) #3375

Sunday OMAD:

Smoked Chicken Thigns

Pork belly cooked in its own rendered fat.

There is a Korean radish called moo that is traditional - and I love the Kimchi made from it. It stays crispy through the fermentation process, even if you leave it sit a long time. It is mild flavored, so doesn’t interfere with the Kimchi spiced flavors. It’s my favorite - I love Kimchi.

(Tracy) #3377

I’d love to know how to smoke chicken without the skin turning to leather. I’ve tried brining, patting it dry, only smoking for a short time then finishing in the oven. Nothing has worked. Any advice?

(Anthony) #3378

Hotter temperature, 325. There’s no/little collagen or connective tissue to break down which is why pork/beef respond so well to low and slow.

(Tracy) #3379

I’ll give that a shot. Thanks.