What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Tracy) #2868

It’s hard to find zero carb sausage. As long as it only has 2 or less carbs per good sized serving, I don’t worry much about it. I’ve tried to make my own sausage by buying bulk ground pork and adding the seasonings but I never get good results.

(Laurie) #2869

I found some in Costco. A Canadian brand, sorry. These are frozen, cooked sausage rounds with very little filler, zero carbs.

Our Walmart has zero carb mild or hot Italian sausage (raw). A different taste from breakfast sausage of course.

All I can say is keep looking and read those labels. Good luck!

(Roberta Worley) #2870

Here’s the basic recipe along with the YouTube video I watched for directions on doing the reverse sear.

The only revision I made to the rub recipe was avocado oil instead of whatever oil Allthingsbbq.com used. I did not make the creamy dressing because we don’t favor horseradish.

When I did ours, I used a similar contraption on our Weber (bottom picture on the left but without the rack over the pan):

Good luck!

I hit a stall and it’s time to change it up. I feed my stalls, figuring my body is complaining about the status quo. So, here’s a breakfast of ham, bacon and eggs.

(Cris Cavanaugh) #2872

How do you cook your gizzards? :heart: Them!

Actually depends on how I would like them, and what I might do or eat with them. Like the other night, they were just fried up in Butter to keep them quite chewy and crunchy, which I’ve always enjoyed and also share with our Pups as chewy treats. … But another way we’ve been doing more often is cooking them in a slow cooker/crock pot, and this is usually done for most or all day, or even over night. And they get extremely tender too! This seems to work quite well if you are adding them to a sauce or stir fry mixture, etc. I actually recorded them in my Recipe Thread if you interested. (Turkey Gizzards too) Was actually trying to re-create how I used to get them many years ago & it came out nice. Links below…

Extremely Tenderized Chicken Gizzards and Hearts

Simple Turkey Gizzards in Gravy

(Cris Cavanaugh) #2874

Thank you so much, from a Mississippi girl. :grin:

(Virginia ) #2875

Don’t forget, we also slow cook them to make them tender, then do a quick fry in butter just to brown and crisp up the outside leaving the inside tender. :kissing_heart:

Yep, that too. But they’re good anyway to me.

Decided to eat something before butchering up a Top Sirloin & Vacuum Sealing. Fried Eggs, Sausage, Greek Yogurt with Strawberries and Chocolate Cheesecake with a scoop of Triple Chocolate.

IMG_5996 IMG_5997

IMG_5995 IMG_5998

Finished putting the 1.5" cuts on the Top Sirloin, and sealing…

IMG_5999

(Doug) #2879

The figure rose out of the ocean… Or out of the rock…

Provolone cheese, from a big ‘log’ of it, displaying the “grain” structure it often has. Picking this apart and eating it is a longstanding pleasure for me.

(Roberta Worley) #2880

I love doing that too. There is something simply satisfying - especially when I can get a goodly long thin strand without breaking it. More’s the challenge!

(Roberta Worley) #2881

I did keto, but I didn’t stay true. But I didn’t blow it entirely. I made bulletproof coffee at home, then went out for breakfast with my husband, Steve by name, to our favorite breakfast place called Biscuit House.

The young checkout lady has been on keto for three years. My order consisted of turkey sausage with a tomato slice, fried egg, cheddar cheese and green onion. My naughtiness? Their orange cranberry scone!

Sure, I could have done better; but then again, I could have done so much worse!

(Alex ) #2882

Just been purchased today, well a deposit put down anyway… Christmas Meat Hamper, picking it up next week!

5 1/2lb to 6 1/2lb fresh boneless turkey breast
1 x 4 to 4 1/2 lb gammon joint
1 x 4 to 4 1/2lb pork loin joint with crackling
2lb rindless short back bacon
1 x 3 1/2 to 4lb prime silverside joint
2lb Lincolnshire pork chipolatas
2lb best lean minced beef (5% fat)
2lb lean diced beef
1 lb finest Lincolnshire pork sausage meat
And a 4 1/2 to 5lb leg of lamb joint

(Robin) #2883

I’ll bite.

(Robin) #2884

I bow down to your bounty. I would have no place to put all that, but I would probably feel like I won the lottery (or just got four new tires)!

(What else is there to talk about?) #2885

Wow! That’s beautiful!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Doug) #2886

Alex, planning a big weekend? :smile::sunglasses:

(Alex ) #2887

@OldDoug

nah, that’s just a light snack for me :wink: