My Keto Recipes

Made these tonight… Bacon Wrapped - Steak & Cheese stuffed Picklets

Basically took steak & cheese and stuffed Dill Pickles, and then wrapped them in Bacon.

Cut up 2 London Broils, in small strips, like you would for stir-fry.

Added some Sea Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Oregano. Let that cook just until done inside

So I wasn’t sure how I wanted to do the next step, but decided to try to melt the Provolone Cheese and then just add the meat… Well, this worked, but not as easy as I thought. Think next time I will just add sliced up cheese and meat, and let it melt while baking. :confused: But the main issue was how hot it was to mix with my hands, and of course, when it cooled to help with not burning my hands, it tends to tighten up making it harder to form. About 16 oz. total for all this…

It mixed and wasn’t the easiest to work with.

Then sliced the Dills in half and removed the centers.

Stuffed them with the Steak & Cheese mix.

Wrapped them in bacon and baked them for 40 minutes

Took the rest of the meat mix, and added it to a sauce pan with some Rao’s on the bottom. Baked this with the stuffed Dills.

Also added the scrapped out centers of the Dills to the Deviled Eggs mix, which worked out pretty nice. Here’s the final plate with some added sides. Turned out pretty good, and surprising how much the Dill’s favored Jalapeno Peppers when made this way.

Pickle Sandwich Shop

Definitely wanted to add this one in here. Thought about it the other night, and couldn’t believe I haven’t had one in so long! I also had to look up some recipes to work from, since I couldn’t recall what all went into it.

Dungeness Deviled Crab

1 lb. Dungeness Crab Meat
2 tbs. Parsley
2 tbs. Onion Powder
2 tbs. Dry Mustard
1/2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1 tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbs. Water
1 Large Egg (Shit! I almost wrote 1 Large Eff! :smile:)
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Cooking Sherry
1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
Couple dashes of Hot Sauce

Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl, and started adding all the rest to the large mixing bowl. Once done, stirred up all the wet ingredients until mixed well, then added the dry ingredients and mixed again. Added the Crab Meat and stirred until well blended.

I used my Mini-Springforms to Bake them in. (First time using them for something other than Cheese Cake.

Baked them on 350 degrees Convection, for 35-40 minutes

They came out pretty damn good! And man, I really missed eating these. Were always one of my all-time favorites. I used to get them all the time, when we had a Chesapeake Bay Seafood Restaurant around. But as of late, there are not many still about, at least not in the immediate area. We have to visit VA to get to the nearest one. Here’s the finished meal with a hamburger w/ creamy mushrooms and pickles and olives.

Forgot to mention, this recipe makes 4 of this size patties, but you could make more with a small pan size.

What did you Keto today? Part Deux!
What did you Keto today?

Thanks for posting the recipe. These look really good!

You’re quite welcome. This is definitely one of my favorites.

Also plan to do more with the Mini-Springforms, like the way these came out. (Meaning nice serving size) :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #26

Yeah, they’re very cool. We’ve also got some mini quiche pans, which are also fun.

I already added the mini’s to my amazon cart. They’re too cute to pass up!

Well, made some Chicken Gizzards today (Last night?) :smile: and they came out as good as I had hoped! (Just an idea of what I was shooting for. About 30 years ago, there was a small Asian Carry-Out, that sold these extremely tender Chicken Gizzards, and would serve them over Fried Rice, with a very tasty gravy. Though I never cared for the Rice, (never did really) the Gizzards were awesome! … So I tried them this way for the first time last night, hoping it would work.)

Extremely Tenderized Chicken Gizzards and Hearts

Used 3 packs of Chicken Gizzards and Hearts (Packages all said just under 2 lbs. each)

5 cups of water added to the 3 packages and place in the Slow Cooker/Crock Pot.
Added 1/2 Tbsp. of Powdered Chicken Broth for each cup of water. (2 1/2 Tbsp.)
Added Sea Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder & Garlic Powder to the liquid (Sorry, I don’t usually
measure when seasoning, so my guess is maybe 1-1/2 tsp. of the Onion & Garlic Powders
)
Let this cook on LOW overnight, from 11:00pm until 7:00am when we got up. Bumped it up to
Medium, and it cooked another 9 hours, until I came in from doing yard-work.

I took four ladles of the seasoned juice and added 3 oz. of HWC, added a little more Sea Salt,
Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder, as well as some Oregano. … Cooked on Med/High
for about 8-10 minutes, but it wasn’t thickening as I had hoped, so I added a small amount of
Corn-Starch, since I was actually tired and wanted to eat! … I’m sure I can find something that
can be used instead, but this worked for now. (I was actually thinking of adding a little Liquid
Smoke, just to see how it would enhance it, but actually forgot, so maybe next time?
) :slight_smile:

But they came out very tender, and the taste was quite nice! Just like I remembered from way back then!

What Did You Keto Today? Part IV
(Running from stupidity) #29

Yeah … Nah

Not a fan, huh? :slight_smile: They’re actually quite good.

Just wanted to drop this in here, but I’m actually planning on trying something new this weekend, and will probably post it in here when done. Plus, I was checking to see when I did the Pickles Eggs, but apparently it’s in another thread. Think it’s been close to two weeks. …

Finally got around to making some Radish-Au-Gratin, to see if it was even close to Potatoes-Au-Gratin…

Turned out pretty good, but I’m going to try and tweak it some to see if I can get it just a little more Cheesier. I didn’t have any problems with it as is, nor did my Son. But the Wife’s never been a Radish fan and I think if I can make it a little more Cheesier she might like it even more. :crossed_fingers: (Though she did indeed eat a small amount tonight, and said it wasn’t bad.) … So for now, I will add it here as my first run on a recipe for this…

Radish-Au-Gratin…

• 8 - Tablespoons Butter
  • 4 - Tablespoons Almond Flour
  • 2 - Teaspoons Sea Salt
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
  • 1 - Tablespoon Minced Garlic
    2-1/4 Cups Whole Milk
    2-1/4 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    Pan full of Large Radishes, sliced. Maybe 2.5 to 3 dozen?
    (I basically sliced them until I filled the pan to a decent level. - See image below)

Oven Temp: 350° mainly - 400° to finish

In a large pan, melted the butter on low heat. Added in the Almond Flour, Sea Salt and Pepper and mixed until smooth. Gradually added milk, continuing to stir. Once mixed turn up the heat to create a boil. Once to a boil, I continued to stir for 2 more minutes. Took it off the heat, added the Cheddar Cheese and stirred until it mixed. Then added the pan of Radishes, and continued to mix, getting all of incorporated completely.

Baked it covered for 1 hour at 350°. Then took off the Aluminum Foil and baked for an additional 45 minutes, but actually cranked up the Temp to 400° for the last 15 minutes to help brown it even more. (Like it browned)

Image showing the sliced Radishes…

Image of finished pan, browned up…

Plan to try it again sometime, and will update if it turns out.

Wanted to add this in here, since as some know, I like to change things up when making Deviled Eggs.

Normally, I just make them with Mayo and Yellow Mustard with Paprika sprinkled on them. (Sometimes we will add small cut up pieces of Pickle and/or the Juice) Some other variations I like are…

Mayo, Yellow Mustard, Bits of Real Bacon with sprinkled Old Bay…

Mayo, Yellow Mustard, Blue Cheese… (Don’t usually use toppings)

Mayo, Dijon Mustard, HorseRadish with sprinkled Paprika…

Most recently
Mayo, Yellow Mustard, Thousand Island and with sprinkled Taco Seasoning… (Really liking this one)

I really do enjoy Deviled Eggs, and pretty much have them available most days. So I’m always looking to mix it up so they don’t get boring. (Which I’m not sure would happen even if I just made them plain every time) But it’s always fun to try new stuff. :slight_smile: Have actually been thinking of adding some Hot Sauce, but to be honest, I don’t even use Hot Sauce, so I must be really thinking outside the Keto Box. :smile:

Wanted to drop this in here just as a reminder… After making a Pepperoni & Bacon Pizza, I made one that I wanted to try. And it turned out pretty good. :slight_smile:

Steak & Cheese with Fried Onions Pizza

Fathead dough, but instead of Sauce, I used Mayo

Then added the Mozzarella Cheese

Added the fried up Strip Steak…

Added some additional Cheese to help hold the meat in place and added the Fried Onions…

Came out pretty good, but damn it’s filling! :slight_smile:

Will be doing this one again. :slight_smile:

(Jane) #35

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #36

You can use Xanthan gum to thicken stir fry and sauces. It has to be done a particular way. When the sauce is boiling I pinch some between my thumb and index finger and stir vigorously as I sprinkle it very lightly mixing right where you’re sprinkling it. It only takes a pinch or two, if you put too much you end up with a gloppy pasty sauce. A couple of ounces will last a long time so don’t buy too much.

I just looked at this thread for the first time, some great stuff here.

No crumb binder in the baked crab! Looks good. :cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks for the tip. I believe I’ve read that about the Xanthan Gum before but never tried it yet. But I do have some here, and have been wanting to try some stuff with it. As well as some other stuff I picked up. The Wife is planning on trying to make a Cabbage Lasagna for the first time tonight. :slight_smile: We’ll see.

Wanted to drop this down in here… It’s another version of Deviled Eggs I’m trying tonight. I won’t know how they did until we eat here shortly. But basically it will be a Tuna infused, overstuffed Deviled Eggs.

• 10 Large Eggs (fills 1 of the 20 Deviled Egg holders we have)

• 1/2 large can of Tuna Fish - StarKist Albacore Solid White

• Couple heaping scoops of Mayonnaise (Sorry I don’t measure)

• Yellow Mustard (Probably 1/5 of Mayo amount)

• Topped with Old Bay Seasoning (sprinkled on top)

(Bunny) #39

Oh Yess! Now that (Taco Stuffed Mushroom) looks delicious!

It was pretty good, thanks. The wife just picked up some more of those mushrooms today, so might be making some more of that real soon. :slight_smile:

(Marianne) #41

Dam! I’m coming over to your house!!! Those dishes are works of art. They say food is as much visual as tasty; these look great!