What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Dinner tonight was another creation curtesy of Low Carb Inspirations. Easy Chicken Parmesan Chaffle. I would make this again in a heartbeat. Tasty, quick, and with common ingredients. In fact, I’m still using up that Costco rotisserie chicken we bought earlier in the week.

F551F4C5-BC8D-46C2-BC80-0C8E89E2D614

I also made some chocolate chip cookies using Lupin flour which was a totally new ingredient for me. Not sure what rabbit hole I went down but I found a recipe author who uses Lupin flour in a number of her recipes. I really loved the results from this recipe. I added some flaky sea salt to the tops of the cookies before baking, and also used a combination of chocolates. I love to add a very dark chocolate in addition to the standard Lily’s choc chips.
https://www.idontsugarcoat.com/chewy-keto-chocolate-chip-cookies

(Allie) #2266

LIFE is very good. They’ve recently introduced a pro version but no adverts at all, I hate ads too.

Thanks, Allie. I’ve downloaded both the LIFE and Zero apps. … Tried to look at the TrackMyFast, but no results, so must be Android only.

Ham and cheese, grilled on top of bacon, with roasted mushrooms on the side.

I don’t really like grilled\fried ham, I think ham should almost melt on your tongue. So I place it on top of bacon, which preserves the integrity of the tender tissues. Came out perfect.

(Bacon for the Win) #2269

someone posted a taco omelette the other day and I thought it looked amazing. Here’s my rendition:

image image

:+1: … Nice. They’re good, aren’t they. :slight_smile: What meat did you use? I found the Jennie-O Taco Seasoning Turkey Sausage (0 Carbs) works great.

Taco Omelette

(Bacon for the Win) #2271

so good! thanks for the idea. I just used a pound of ground beef with my own taco seasoning. I’m going to make more barbacoa soon and will use that too.

Okay, so I played around with the idea of making a wrap to work with this morning, and for a first run, it wasn’t bad. But will look into tweaking it some more. Mainly was trying some base ideas first and work up… Will add the full Recipe to my Recipe Thread and keep track.

Sous Vide London Broil (Not my favorite, but the Wife likes it) Seared and sliced and placed on a Two-Egg Sour Cram Wrap with Lettuce, Cherry Tomato, Sour Cream, Scallions. Also had a Cream Soda Zevia and an Almond Milk. 2 Squares of Ghirardelli Dark Intense Chocolate.

First one tore a little while loosening it with a rubber scrapper, (waiting for my large spatula) so there is a small tear from me. Second one I left the first side up, so it shows lighter in color…
IMG_5315 IMG_5321

IMG_5324 IMG_5325

They certainly look delicious. Looking forward to your recipe.

Thanks. They worked well, but I would like to see if I can make them a bit more pliable too. I usually do like putting tougher sorts of meats on wraps, and sometimes rip even hardy wraps. Back in the day of course. … I also left out Cheese. I have no idea why? It just happened. :smile: As much as I love Cheese, it probably would have been great. But I do cut back on Dairy from time to time, since I do use it quite often. … Ooooh, I bet Feta Cheese would have given a nice bite. :+1:

The Wife had a pack of Chicken Breast thawed out, but no real plans what to do with it… So I decided to try making up another meal idea. Bacon-Laced Saucy Chicken. The Wife said it reminded her of General Tao’s Chicken, and I have to admit, it was quite similar. Decided not to eat any sides, but I did get another 2 pieces of Chocolate, and ate some Sunflower Seeds and a few Salt and Vinegar Almonds.

IMG_5350

Ooppps… I almost forgot the Wife made me some Deviled Eggs, while I was putting stuff together. So I grabbed some and added a Ginger Root Beer Zevia.
IMG_5352

Everything is better with bacon! :bacon:

I most definitely concur! :+1:

(Jody) #2278

16oz Ribeye, Sautéed Mushrooms and Kimchi

(Neil) #2279

Today was a mix of keto-friendly and very keto-unfriendly food. I’ll focus on the keto-friendly stuff here, since the title of the thread says “what did you KETO today?” and not “what did you indulge in today?”, but you can go check out my progress/accountability thread for the other stuff. :wink:

Murray’s mozzarella drizzled with balsamic vinegar:

Rolled caprese omelette:

Roasted chicken. That’s all she wrote. I do love chicken prepared like this best. it is butterflied, but not the usual way. It goes in a pan with water, into a 400% oven until the skin is very crispy and has lifted a bit from the meat. When you tap it with a fork, it makes a hollow sound. Very super crispy skin, as if fried, and very tender meat. And the scent is heavenly. The broth it was sitting in is served as au jus.

Your food photos are masterpieces :heart_eyes:

Yesterday’s meals: Breakfast Pinwheels with Bacon, Spinach, and Feta. Very tasty recipe from Low Carb Inspirations. This dish has a number of steps involved but was fun to make.

26D7C5FF-65FC-41D7-BC76-BF3D1E38A7D6

And dinner was a NY strip steak, sous vide to 132°, and finished off on a cast iron skillet on the grill. I added some herby compound butter on top. Roasted a variety of vegetables that needed to be used up.

6766227B-D248-4FC9-8E80-3AD6D40FFA5D

We made some stuff for lunch… but to be honest, I just wasn’t feeling it. I had already made the Girls 8 Scrambled Eggs, but they got some extra from my plate as well… Just going to finish drinking the Cream Soda Zevia, have an Almond Milk and eat some Salt & Vinegar Almonds & Sunflower Seeds. Then Fast.

IMG_5354 IMG_5355

Hi Dave. I’m a noobie here and love reading this particular thread. I’m sure everyone on here knows who the girls are, but I have not seen a picture of them or anything descriptive. Are they your doggies?