What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Mame) #1436

How awesome!!
this is what I eat (without) bacon I guess, when I eat at a mexican restaurant but I have to combine things and ask that the beans and rice be held.

Dinner a little while ago before cutting grass… 4 Dungeness Crab and 1 Snow Crab.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1438

Baked pork chops topped with Rao’s marinara & mozzarella

Today’s lunch… and definitely a NEW FAVORITE!!! … Taco Omelette! :yum:

(Ashley) #1440

That looks fantastic

Thanks Ashley! :slight_smile::+1: … Just finished loading up the recipe in my Recipe Thread. … Recipe

I really like the way it came out, and it was quite tasty indeed. :slight_smile:

Easy Microwaved Cheese Sauce!

Wow! I am in awe.

I had read about sodium citrate, but had never really thought it was so easy to make a cheese sauce with it. I am wrong. I finally ordered some from Amazon. It came Friday and I immediately tried it. Wow. I did a half-batch of this recipe:

• 1+1/8 cup of water
  • 11 grams sodium citrate
  • 4 cups of cheese

So I did just over a half-cup of water, 5 grams of sodium citrate, and an 8-ounce bag of shredded Mexican cheese. I did it in the microwave by pulse cooking it – nuke for 60 seconds, whisk, nuke for 30 seconds, whisk, and repeat until it’s nice and creamy.

A luxurious cheese sauce in just minutes! And just imagine all the variations that can be done with different cheeses and spices!

I put most of the batch into a storage container, and it firmed up a bit in the fridge. Less firm than a block of Velveeta cheese, but probably still sliceable, but a bit sticky. Later, when I spooned out a few portions into a silicone baking cup to reheat in the microwave, it left indentations where I spooned it out. But later, it was back to a smooth surface in the container.

I’ve had it on nacho chips (made with Joseph’s Lavash Bread) and scrambled eggs. Delicious! And so much better than just melting shredded cheese on them, because the cheese stays nice and runny.

Our local Albertson’s had cheese on sale this weekend, so I bought five 8-ounce bags of finely shredded sharp cheddar for $1 per bag.

(Mame) #1443

Dinner:

Coronation chicken on a bit of shredded cabbage with fried paneer

(Jane) #1444

Strawberries from the garden

Keto bread french toast with cream cheese and strawberries

Tonight’s dinner was 100% grass fed Beef patties with spicy mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and pickles. The buns were homemade and I thought they turned out pretty decent. Served with chipotle coleslaw. F428F38C-BD93-424A-A007-7736F520F444

(Candy Lind) #1447

I bought sodium citrate a while back and just forgot about it. You’ve inspired me to get off my butt and try it. Wayne is jonesing for queso! Pics to come.

I can’t wait to try this.

Hope you like it… I’m actually eating another one right now. Decided to double down, since my Son also wanted one today. :slight_smile: I actually added Italian Dressing on this one. Something I forgot to try yesterday, since I like it on Taco’s. … But I really need to purchase a large spatula too! Easier flipping…

(Mame) #1450

Brunch:

Duck egg with refried black soy beans, avocado, cheese, salsa on a bed of shredded cabbage

Keto Spaghetti

Working down in the basement almost all day, so just a quick simple Dinner… Some Pulled Pork and two Italian Sausage. Also had 2 Squares of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate and an Almond Milk.

(Candy Lind) #1453

Last day at home, eating what’s left in the fridge. We actually came out nearly even! I’m eating sausage & chicken with some Rao’s that needed to go, Wayne’s eating sautéed cod & broccoli, and we had radishes that needed to go, so I “hash browned” them. Not crispy like hash browns, but they taste pretty good with that bit of onion & bacony flavor from the nectar.

(Jane) #1454

Homemade Houlimi and lettuce and radishes from the garden

(Karen) #1455

That looks like a painting, and delicious too.

I did something not very boring and typical today so I am here again.
I had some beef tendons and I know everything is wonderful in my eggy flatbreads… :smiley:
It was quite nice especially the spicy one (well, both are spicy, the red pepper one then), it managed to remind me very very much to the best parts of an old favorite, a traditional Hungarian dish (mostly pasta and potatoes but lots of fat too. and of course, lots of red pepper)… These flatbreads amaze me as they are very pasta/bread-like and they shouldn’t be that considering they are eggs and meat or tendon or something similar :slight_smile: Whatever, I am glad I have this variety.
I eat carnivore-ish again. I had two weeks, 24/7 with a high-carber who cooked our food though I inevitably ended up making my eggy dishes… And opened fish cans, I never was into them but I found some nice and I can’t buy proper meat since months. I love my smoked pork but it’s not something I can eat galore.

The vegetables are from my garden. Except some tomato puree…
I dislike green leaves in general but this one (garden cress) is spicy! I still don’t need it but adds color, fun and we have a bit much :smiley:

I saw there were talking about sweeteners since I came here last time…
Nothing can save stevia from my wrath and disgust, I have this with most overly sweet sweeteners, I always use erythritol or xylitol. It’s xylitol now as I run out of the former. Or some other stuff but that’s sugar, be it HWC or fruit or honey but I don’t use the latter on keto (and very rarely off keto)… Not using sweetener is a valid option too, it works even for me and I don’t even want to lose my sweet tooth let alone being able to control myself. But sweetness is a bit overrated…
(Says the one who ate 6 sweet pancakes after the flatbreads. And some eggs. But it’s not a meaty day so I indulged myself. I do this or end up eating much more carbs and that wouldn’t be nice…)