You asked for Full Metal Keto Recipes

A guy can dream, can’t he?

Besides, you might inspire me one day, and break my lazy keto.

We’ll henceforth refer to you as: David, the Lazy-Keto Healer. :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8

My Own Cajun Blackening Spice Mix

I post lots of Blackened Meats, they are a favorite go to for me, usually for finishing sousvide meats, and pan fried fish or prawns. I make double batches, it stores well in a jar for a few months. This is more than you use for a single meal, probably about 10 servings at least.

Mix in a small jar,

1 T. Paprika

1 T. Salt

2 t. Onion powder

1 t. Garlic powder

1 t. Cayenne

3/4 t. White pepper

3/4 t. Black pepper

1 t. Oregano

1 1/2 t. Thyme

Take a paper towel and pat dry dry steak, chop or fish, coat liberally with the spice mix, pat it in and let it sit for a minute or two and pan fry very hot with a tiny amount of oil (I use bacon grease or coconut oil, about 1 teaspoon). Do not move until the spice is blackened, lift the edge gently to check it. This works best with sousvide chops, steaks and chicken because it’s hard to cook pork and chicken enough and get proper blackening. If you’re not using sousvide I recommend thin cuts of meat. You can pound chicken thighs with a meat hammer to flatten and even the thickness. I usually pour any drippings over the meat when it’s on the plate. :cowboy_hat_face:

Edit: This creates some pungent smoke, best to have a good hood or like I usually do, on an outdoor propane stove or grill with a cast iron skillet. :wink:

(Ellen) #9

Chop chop, get the rest of your recipes up!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #10

@Elle79 I make up stuff as I go a lot, actually putting them down in writing is a lot of work. Usually I would rather spend that time cooking something new! :man_cook:t3:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #11

(Ellen) #12

That’s fair, I rarely follow recipes (am much more throw it together & hope) but so much of your stuff makes my mouth water, so I’d be willing to try.

(Ellen) #13

P.s. have bookmarked this and looking forward to trying your Chinese/Asian recipes (I want more please) once I can get fresh ingredients, am sure will be better than using UK supermarket ingredients.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #14

Basic Brown Sauce Stir Fry

1 T. Soy Sauce (Kikkoman is fine)

1 T. Rice wine, Sake, Shaoxing, or Chablis

1 1/2 t. Erythritol or allulose powder

1/8 t. Xanthan Gum

Mix the first three well and whisk vigorously while sprinkling in the Xanthan Gum.

I usually parboil greens in salty water (like for pasta) for 30 seconds, drain and cold rinse to stop cooking. Let them drain well and shake off any water, sometimes I use a salad spinner. This also gives a less watered down stir fry from water released from veggies and preserves the bright green colors.

Put 1 T. (Or more) of coconut oil in the wok and add 1/2 t. of chopped or as I like very thin pinky nail sized slices of ginger root cut cross grain and a scallion cut in 1” pieces. Stir fry till fragrant and throw in the veggies and pre cooked meat if you wish, (my favorites are sousvide chicken thighs or a loin chop cut in slices or diced) or stir fry shrimp for a minute before adding veggies. When it’s hot add the sauce mix and mix well, it should coat and cling to the food and not pool in the pan. If it does clear a spot in the center and sprinkle and whisk more Xanthan Gum in, just a pinch mind you! If it’s too thick add a bit of water. Add some salt to taste if it needs it. I like to finish with about 1/4 t. toasted sesame oil before plating. This recipe is good for about 7-10 oz. of meat with 12 oz. veggies like broccoli or bok choy. Enjoy @Elle79. :man_cook:t3:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #15

You took the words right out of my mouth :rofl:

(Khara) #16

Hi David. Can you at some point please add your sour kraut instructions? I know I’ve seen the conversation. I’m looking through the food thread but it’d be great to have a fast access here. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #17

I don’t think that I have ever posted more than pictures or lists of ingredients for sauerkraut. I was looking yesterday and couldn’t find any. I did offer a couple of people personal messages with a recipe. I basically learned by reading stuff on the web last fall when I started. These are a few rich sources which I drew my experiments from. I have only actually followed one or two to the letter.

My favorite resource

This was great, there’s plenty of sauerkraut myths floating around the web!

https://m.facebook.com/notes/wild-fermentation/mythbusters-wild-fermentation-edition-/10152528275575369/

This guy is the all time fermentation guru, a James Beard award winner for his book on fermentation. Sandor Katz.

https://www.wildfermentation.com/vegetable-fermentation-further-simplified-2/#0

You don’t need to buy any special stuff, you can usually find something that will work if you want to try fermentation.
Here’s a picture from my archives, I like to use bail top storage jars mostly with a ziplock bag full of brine for a top cap to let CO2 out and keep the veggies anaerobic and mold free. I really love the spaghetti storage jars, 2 liter with lots of headroom and easy to keep everything submerged.

These were all experimental except one, all great. I encourage creativity. Make sure you read the Paò Caí recipe thread above, full of sauerkraut basics as it’s a pretty similar process wherever it comes from in the world. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Khara) #18

Great, thank you! Yes, that last picture was the one I remember. The Pao Cai recipe is helpful too. :+1:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #19

(Full Metal KETO AF) #20

(Full Metal KETO AF) #21

(Full Metal KETO AF) #22

I started a new thread I wanted to tie in.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #23

Protein Noodle Experiment

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/protein-dough/88562/7

(Full Metal KETO AF) #24

Cantonese Shrimp and Bok Choy in Wine Sauce

I got a request for this recipe from @Jamboribs so I will lay out the basics.

7-10 oz of shrimp
250g or more of Bok Choy

Peel and rinse the shrimp, put it in a bowl and sprinkle well with salt and a pinch of baking soda, mix well and set aside to cure, about 10 minutes. This will give the shrimp an improved texture with a little snap when you bite in. I also add about 1 tsp. of Shaohsing or Shaoxing rice wine and a sprinkling of white pepper. If there’s any liquid after the cure drain it, it should absorb into the shrimp.

Cut and wash the Bok Choy. Set a large sauce pan of water to boil. When ig gets to a rolling boil I add a fair amount of plain salt, not quite what you would do for boiling pasta and a couple tsp. of baking soda. When it’s boiling good blanch the Baby Bok Choy for about 30 seconds, it should get bright green. This process also removes some of the water in the Bok Choy and helps it retain a good texture during a brief stir fry. Drain and cold shock it to stop the cooking process. I just use cold tap water in the pan I cooked it in. Drain well and set it aside.

Sauce mix

50ml-75ml of Shaoxing
Salt and Erythritol added to get a salty/sweet balance (sorry, I don’t measure, it’s by taste. If you’re not afraid of MSG add a pinch and whisk in a couple of finger pinches of Xanthan gum, be careful not to add too much, it thickens over a ten minute time span. I added a tablespoon or two of water also.

The three additions that were in the picture were ginger sliced thin in pinky fingernail sized slices, chopped garlic and thin sliced Chinese Preserved Radish. That third ingredient is optional.

2 Tbls of coconut oil in the wok, heat but not too hot, add the ginger and after a few seconds when fragrant add the shrimp, if using the radish add now, stir fry for a bit until the shrimp are looking cooked, add the garlic and stir fry until it’s fragrant too. Add the Bok Choy and stir fry for thirty seconds. I give it a light dusting with white pepper and add the sauce mix and stir to coat everything and plate it. Eat as soon as you can while it’s fresh, and at it’s best. :man_cook:t3: :shallow_pan_of_food:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #25

(Full Metal KETO AF) #26

KETO Coffee Chipotle Meat Rub

@SecondBreakfast recently posted how her favorite rub for beef is Coffee Chili Rub. She’s the expert around here as far as beef is concerned IMHO, she raises it and eats lots of it. So I had to try it, it’s been in the back of my mind forever anyways. Looking online sugar is a common element and the usual choice for the chili is ancho powder. I was out and decided to create my own Rub after reading a lot of variations. This is what I ended up with and it’s so tasty I can’t stop dipping my finger in it to taste it again! I added a little element of jerk flavor with allspice to the mix.

2 Tablespoons of finely ground Espresso

1 Tablespoon of Chipotle powder

1 Tablespoon Paprika

1 teaspoon ground Cumin

1 1/2 teaspoons of Mexican Oregano

1 teaspoon of fresh coarse ground Black Pepper

1/2 teaspoon of ground Allspice

2 teaspoons of Allulose

1 1/2 teaspoons of Salt

:man_cook:t4: