Keto Mini Coffee Cake

baking

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1

Keto Mini Coffee Cake

This kind of had a lot of ingredients but many of you probably keep this stuff in the pantry. My second attempt was a winner but I am going to continue with tweaks to try to lower the carb count some more.

Dry: mix in a small bowl

5 teaspoons coconut flour

1 Tablespoon almond flour

1 teaspoon psyllium husk

2 teaspoons of erythritol

1 teaspoon of 1 to 1 stevia baking substitute, use some drops if you’re using liquid.

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

Pinch of salt

Wet: another small bowl

1 egg

1 Tablespoon each mayonnaise and softened cream cheese

Mix wet as smooth as you can, add the dry and mix, no lumps. While it’s loose put in in a buttered oven proof bowl, bake at 325F for 12 minutes (I use a countertop convection oven so you might need to adjust temperature up 25F in a standard oven. Let it cool before frosting with simple cream cheese frosting:

1 Tablespoon of cream cheese

A few drops of vanilla extract

1 teaspoon of erythritol

My next attempt will be with 2 Tablespoons of coconut flour and 1 Tablespoon of almond flour eliminating the psyllium husk. Feel free to try it that way if you don’t keep psyllium husk around. I think it will probably not make much difference. You could also try the microwave instead of baking but I don’t have one and I like the browned crust. I would try 90 seconds. Enjoy with your favorite coffee.

:cowboy_hat_face:

What did you Keto today? Part Deux!
You asked for Full Metal Keto Recipes
(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Caution: not super low carb but it works with the rest of my food.

(traci simpson) #3

I can’t seem to open it. I see it listed and I see the nutrition but it won’t open.

(traci simpson) #4

Opened it!!!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

@Diygurl19 That’s a screenshot from my tracking app, Cronometer. Just a total macro count.