My Keto Recipes

(traci simpson) #80

So since I’m new, I’m using Carrie Brown recipes however she doesn’t put the amount of carbs in the dishes sometimes and so I don’t know my numbers at the end of the day! Maybe I can send her an email or something?

Don’t think it would hurt to try? She may well have the information already, where she might share it?

Not real familiar with her myself, but think I’ve heard some others mention her name. … If you haven’t tried it already, you can also try out the ‘Diet Doctor’ website. They have some nice recipes themselves and if you scroll to the bottom, you can also set the desired serving, which automatically auto-adjust the ingredients, as well as the nutritional information. So you will at least not have to crunch the numbers yourself to figure it out. … I’ve only tried a couple, including the Fathead Pizza recipe, but mostly get inspiration and ideas from looking at what they have. If needed, you can find it in the link below.

They do have a membership I believe, but most is made available for free.

(Diane) #82

Not including the macros is actually a thing with Carrie Brown since they will vary with the brands of the products you use. She omits the macros on purpose.

Sorry!

That makes sense then at least. Thanks, Diane. :slight_smile:

(traci simpson) #84

I have a lot of recipes from Diet doctors.

I posted something about these a while back, but never offered the images of it’s prep. So here’s some on the Simple Zucchini-Pizza Wedges I made tonight, but which we do change up from time to time.

Using sliced Zucchini, lay them out on a sheet of Parchment paper, with Olive Oil on it…

I put Oregano, Sea Salt and Black Pepper on each…

This time, added some of the Rao’s Sauce…

Topped with Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan on top for browning. And added a Pepperoni as well…

Here’s the first batch, where I actually forgot to add the Pepperoni…

And the second, where I did add the Pepperoni. But I also added some Sausage/Hamburger meat from the Zucchini Boats we were also making. Recipe will follow below…

You can make these with or without the Rao’s Sauce, and they still have a nice Pizza Flavor. But no matter how you make them, they are quite filling! :slight_smile: I just baked them at 350° for about 12-15 minutes.

What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

So, something I’ve been waiting for… Home grown Zucchini Boats stuffed with Meats and Cheeses. :slight_smile: These can be made all sorts of ways, but this is how we made them tonight.

Zucchini Boats

I prefer to use a 50/50 mix of Ground Sweet Italian Sausage and Ground Hamburger. You can indeed use straight Sausage or Hamburger, or whatever you like, but I find the mix works quite well

Cook the Hamburger and Sausage up and once done, mix them in the frying pan. I find this helps since the Hamburger should be drained before mixing. Add some Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic, Ginger Root, or anything else you like. Also just add enough Rao’s to wet the meat some. … Once this cooks up some, you also want to add in some Mozzarella Cheese into this mix, once it cools for a few minutes. We use about a cup or so, if we are doing, say, two Boats at a time.

While the Meats cook, cut the Zucchini in half, and scrape out the innards and put it in a bowl, leaving about 1/8" shell for filling. Chop up the innards some and add it to Meat mix…

I add Rao’s to the bottom of the pan I bake with, helps keep the bottom from getting hard or sticking…

Then place the shells, and if you wish, you can add some additional seasonings, etc. before the Meat…

Place the Meat Mix into the Boats, making sure to load them up about twice the height. We usually have leftover mix, but we find all sorts of ways of using it, or simply eat it as is…

*Add some more Mozzarella Cheese on top, along with Parmesan Cheese which helps browning *

Bake them at 400° until the tops brown to your liking…

These are not only good, but quite filling. I usually eat half or a whole one, but don’t usually eat much with it since it’s quite a bit. :slight_smile: … One of my all-time favorites from my Garden!

Ok, so did some experimenting this morning, and did indeed learn a few things. Two of the things I’ve been wanting to try, was to use some Fathead dough to make my Wife a Ham & Cheese ‘Keto’ Hot-Pocket, as well as making a wrap of sorts for the 1/4 pound Hotdogs we eat from time to time. … Thing is, I’ve learned that once the dough is formed/made, you MUST place it in the oven for about 5 minutes so it becomes manageable. Like when you make it for Pizza, which baking it for 12 minutes or so, I stayed with 5 minutes which still keeps it pliable, but very formable too. - The bad thing was, we already had stuff out (breakfast meats) so were kind-of doing too many things at once, so this was a challenge. Not to mention, everyone was almost full before things were done, so the Pups came into the mix. :slight_smile:

Not sure what name works better? … 1/4 lb. Keto-Dogs or Fathead Dogs? Basically it’s a Berk’s 1/4 lb. all Beef Hotdogs, pretty much the same found at Wawa’s, for those who might be familiar with them. These are nice sized, and can be quite filling, especially with the wrapped dough and additional meats.

First I made some Fathead dough, adding some Oregano, which I find adds a nice flavor to it. I then put a good amount on some Parchment Paper, enough to roll out for one Dog and the extra stuff…

I found after making the first one, that slicing the Ham and Cheese into strips really helps, because it kept trying to keep flattening back out when whole, putting additional outer pressure on the dough. Whereas once it was sliced up, it didn’t do this and cooperated a lot better…

I baked it for 5 minutes at 400°, so this basically just takes away that tackiness that you find with this dough & allowing it to be formed without sticking or ripping too easily. I use the parchment paper, simply rolling it over until the two sides meet, and then just tucked in the ends. But these could be left open?

I baked it for about 15 minutes, or until I saw it starting to brown up some. Breakfast plate just wiped with a napkin after eating some breakfast stuff…

But since the Wife and I were both making stuff, it got a little busy around the stove. And to be honest, I was doing too many things at once, so I’m sure it should be much easier next time. But while the Wife was putting things together, I actually made her a ‘Keto’ Hot-Pocket, which she really loved! … But I did not get the pics and almost didn’t get any when I realized she was halfway through it with her meal! :smile: So though she was dunking it in her eggs, here’s an image of hers, which next time will be loaded up with more meats. (She already put in an order for me to make her one tomorrow night!) :slight_smile: So it was definitely a hit, and the dough seems it might have endless uses, only limited by ones imagination. :slight_smile: … It’s like one of my old favorites, before going Keto, taking biscuits and instead of baking them as they are, rolling them out flat, placing Cheese and then a Sausage link and wrapping them and then baking them up. So I’ve been wanting to try some of these things, since I know it can work with many different ingredients and hopefully will add even more ideas for making more Keto meals. :slight_smile: I’ve actually been thinking of making some Calzones using this method for some time, and now I don’t think it will too long before I do just that. :+1:

Oh, and since the Wife and Son both got full with their breakfast, and each eating one of these… The pups got a nice treat. I just took the remaining dough, hotdogs and sliced stuff and made them each one of their own. :smile: Just flattened out the rest of the dough, sliced it in three, and added the rest and folded them over. Wasn’t worried about closing them, since I wanted to see how it worked if left open. … And it worked fine, so I was thinking maybe then I could add some Chili, for Chili Dogs as well. :slight_smile:

They also loved them and had a blast while eating them… of course, then looked for more.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #88

Awesome Dave, I have also thought about using the dough Calzones and Stromboli…:man_cook:t3: :yum:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Jane) #89

I miss calzones.

Looking forward to your experiment with the fathead dough.

:+1:

Thanks, I think the Calzones are very doable with the dough, and think I will even schedule a possible appearance by one next weekend. :grin: … It’s one of the things I did enjoy, but whether this or pizza, I was always about the meat! :smiley: Could really care less about the breads, but on the Calzones, I did enjoy it more than the fluffier pizza crust usually were.

I finally got around to trying out something else with the Hard Salami, which is Salami-Taco-Cups.

Salami Taco-Cups

• Hamburger Meat
  • Rao’s Marinara Sauce
  • Taco Seasoning (Dry)
  • Hard Salami (sliced)
  • Mild Cheddar Cheese
  • Lettuce and Tomato
  • Italian Dressing

Bake at 400° - 8-10 minutes, or to your liking… Longer gets crunchy, but they can get too crunchy.

First, I was a little pissed a few things were missing. First, we didn’t have any Sour Cream! Which I was really wanting for this, but though the Wife offered to drive out for it, I told her no thanks, since it was still storming some outside and it wasn’t a necessity. … Second, I screwed up the main batch, since I meant to bake them alone first, but started loading them before I thought about it. (I was a bit tired from working in the yard all day.) … But I did follow up with a small batch, which I think worked out nicely. :+1:

I cooked up the hamburger, allowing it to cook out most of the grease, then strained the remains when there wasn’t much left. (So I didn’t start burning the meat on the bottom.) … I then added just enough of the Rao’s Marinara Sauce, to wet the meat. I didn’t want to have it too saucy. … Also added a little Taco Seasoning, just enough to get the taste, but actually quite lightly. … I used the El Paso Taco Seasoning I still have here, but plan to make my own sometime here soon, since it does have some stuff in it I don’t want. So will see about making some home made seasoning for the next time…

I loaded the Hard Salami into the large Muffin Pan, and yes, I was planning on baking these first for 10 Minutes at 400° to harder them up some, but while speaking with the Wife, I had more then half already loaded with Taco Meat before I realized it. So I just went ahead and filled the rest …

I put between 1-1/2 to 2 Heaping Tbsp. of Taco Meat in each, and baked it for 10 minutes…

You’ll notice, the Hard Salami does shrink down some, and is one of the reasons I’m looking where I might be able to get some bigger diameter slices for my uses with them…

At this point, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to put the Cheddar Cheese on them, and pop them back in the oven, or just load them up? But decided to load them up and just eat, since I decided to do a smaller batch, to test the Salami shells… Added Mild Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato and Italian Dressing.

While eating, (I ate 7 of them total BTW. :+1: they were real good!) I had loaded up a smaller batch, and this time, did Bake them for 8 minutes with just the Salami… Then once done, added some meat and some Cheese and tossed it back in the oven for 2 minutes. (This wasn’t really needed, but I was testing to get the best results. It worked, but again, not really needed, so it’s a choice really. Either way works.)

(PJ) #92

Alright @Digital_Dave, inspired by your posts above, I think my next experiment will be wrapping my disk dough – perhaps making it thicker so I can – around grilled jalapeno-cheddar sausages. And stuffing the disk dough into molds which I’ve wanted to for a long time but still haven’t bothered trying. Thanks for that. :smiley:

:+1: Hope you post how they come out. :slight_smile:

(traci simpson) #94

how many carbs?

(traci simpson) #95

I think I might try this but put it in my deep fryer!!!

Not sure? Never worked it out really. But the carbiest thing would be the Zucchini, so guess it would depend on the size you ate. Since the rest is mostly Meats and Cheese.

Probably be nice too. I just found that putting the dough in the oven for 4 or 5 minutes keeps it pliable, but without this, it’s way too soft to work with. … Hope you let me know how it comes out. :slight_smile:

(traci simpson) #97

They turned out pretty good!

Decided to make a Breakfast Pizza this morning…

Breakfast Pizza

** 12 Large Eggs*
** Oregano (I used about a tbsp or so)*
** 1 Cup Almond Flour *
** 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Dough/Base)*
** 1-1/2 to 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese (Topping)*
** Thick Bacon (to your liking - I used 10 or 12?)*
** Sausage (I used 1 of the Roll type)*
** Pepperoni (to your liking… Plenty) :slight_smile:*

Bake at 400° - Dough/Base for 12 minutes
Bake at 400° - Finished Pizza for 20 Minutes or until golden brown

Crust:

Cracked 12 Large Eggs into a large bowl. Added the Oregano and stirred until well blended. Added the Almond Flour and 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese and stirred until well blended.

Then I poured the mix into a 8.5" x 15" baking/cookie sheet. … Bake at 400° for 12 minutes.

Added some Rao’s Marinara Sauce…

Added about 1-1/2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese to start…

Added the Sausage and Bacon…

Added Pepperoni and a little more Cheese, which I finds helps keep toppings in place some…

Then baked it for 20 minutes at 400°… Came out quite nice indeed.

It actually came out like a Deep-Dish, and here I wasn’t sure if 12 Eggs was enough. But it was, and can only imagine how thick it would have been, had I used 18, like I was thinking at first?

Will definitely be making more of these. Wife and Son both liked it too, and even asked if I can cook it extra next time, for crunchier crust. :slight_smile: … Wife also said she might like this better then the Fat-Head Pizza. … I was actually thinking I might even be able to move down to 10 Eggs, and the Wife suggested this as well. The crust actually came out nicely, but a bit thinner might have been even better?

What Did You Keto Today? Part IV
What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

I had actually tried this out on a smaller scale just last week? By just using a skillet, and make the dough on the stove-top. It worked and might even be better for, say, a personalized sized Pizza.

In case it’s useful, I mixed 3 Eggs into a bowl, add some Oregano, 1 tbsp. Almond Flour and a nice pinch of Mozzarella Cheese and blended well…

The one thing about doing this on the stove-top, it does allow you to flip it. So I just wait until the top has solidified to where it wasn’t liquid, and you can also make up a few to work with too.

Once done I just added the Sauce…

Added Cheese…

And then just some Pepperoni…

It did come out fine, but I did notice it rounded some in the center, which is natural. But found some of the toppings may slide off while baking. (I baked at 400° for about 18 minutes. But it was still good. :slight_smile: