(Heather Meyer) #2595

what kind of squash variety do you use?
Where i am we have access to:
-Butternut
-Kabocha(also known as acorn)
-Spaggetti squash
-Yellow zucchini squash

(Heather Meyer) #2596

You ate completely raw meat??? Thats like criminal here in Canada. That cheese didnt happen to be my lovely Boursian herb and garlic one was it?

Thanks… Well, there was indeed more butter added afterwards! - I might not have mentioned this on here yet, but I’ve become quite partial to dunking my Steak in my melted butter, so I always add more when I get to the crabs. :smile: :+1: It works really well, and plan to continue this even more.

Tonight’s Dinner… Beef Liver and Onions, along with some Gizzards and Hearts, all covered in gravy. Plus some Broccoli, Cherry Tomatoes, Pickles and Olives. :yum:

Actually, I really don’t know? I just simply keep Carbs to under 20g a day, and eat to satiety. Though, this does work best whenever I do OMAD, which I do most days to be honest. But even when I throw the occasional TMAD to mix things up, I pretty much do the same for both meals. :slight_smile: But still under 20g.

We also have those here as well. (Maryland) But I mainly do Yellow Squash (Straightneck) & Zucchini. There’s an Amish place about 20 minutes from me, so I usually just get what they have, which is usually the straightneck. And it’s at a good price too. What I used to get from (Southern States) each year would run me $80+, whereas at this Amish store, I pay around $20-25 for about a hundred plants. I still have over 25 plants of each running good, and also have some Egg Plants, Jalopena Peppers, Tomatoes, (Regular and Pineapple) plus Cherry Tomatoes. So I’m still working quite a bit to stay on top of them. (I’ve been taking stuff into my office nearly every day, and have been stocking up folks on all three floors. :slight_smile: It’s been a good year indeed.

(Heather Meyer) #2599

How do you prep your squash?

For the Yellow Squash, I like it best simply sliced, dipped in Egg and Fried Crispy. We also cut it up in squares (Usually with Zucchini as well) and fry it up in butter, and usually add some meats. - Steak, Hamburger, Ham, etc. … We sometimes add some Rao’s Marinara Sauce, along with Mushrooms, Onions, etc. But cut up we can pretty much add it to many dishes… Zucchini, I love making all types of boats with the larger ones. You can see this in my Recipe Thread just here. :slight_smile:

(Jill Carpenter aka space coast spinster) #2601

Uploading: 15634890698916057790643368258314.jpg…

(Deborah ) #2602

Leftover steak?? What is this strange creature of which you speak? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Deborah ) #2603

I love yellow squash, so might have to give that a try! :slight_smile:

(Deborah ) #2604

I love raw ground beef. I grew up eating it. My mom used to make raw hamburger and onion sandwiches (for herself - I don’t like raw onion). :smile: My dad was a meat cutter/butcher, so we had fresh stuff. Both of my kids liked it, too. I’d have to figure on an extra half pound or so for every pound I wanted to end up cooking. :rofl:

Well, I didn’t feel like going back out in the heat, after showering and then eating… so I sent my Son to check the garden today. (A rarity since I usually do it) But he simply called me from out at the garden on his cell, saying he needed more things to help carry everything back. :flushed: So yep, ended up going out anyway and helping him haul it all back in. … Cherry Tomatoes and Tomatoes are really flowing now, and we’re still getting inundated with Yellow Squash. But the Zucchini’s are still coming in as well, and Egg Plants and Jalopena and Banana Peppers. Cucumbers are also still popping up.

Wife just told me I was putting this in the ‘What did you Keto thread’, but meant to post it in my own thread. :slight_smile: But I’ll just copy it over… So nope, we didn’t eat all this… yet. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #2606

Do you do like Janie does, and blanche and freeze a bunch for winter? It looks gorgeous, so nice =).

(Marianne) #2607

Yum. Now you’re talking!

:grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2608

Leg of Lamb

Sousvide @ 132F. for 30 hours, wrapped around rosemary, spearmint and oregano sprigs. Served with a fresh Herb Pesto with EVO, Rosemary, Spearmint, Oregano, Lemon Thyme, Garlic, Chili Flake, Black Pepper and Moroccan Preserved Lemon. Zucchini and Crook Neck Squash sautéed in Garlic Butter. :man_cook:t3:

I was up at the cabin all day watering, nice to come home to delicious meat, ready to eat. I didn’t bother with a sear. :yum:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(matt ) #2609

When nothing sounds good it’s time for a skillet pizza.

Amazing.

('Jackie P') #2610

Cor that lamb looks great😋

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2611

Mmmmmmmmmm pepperoni pizza… :drooling_face:

(Allie) #2612

This morning I start the day with six of my girls’ finest, scrambled in ghee with salt and pepper - and fatty coffee.

(Brandy) #2613

Those eggs are beautifully done.

(Jody) #2614

I did eat 100% raw ground beef (i eat raw liver at time as well) so I guess I would have to live “underground” if I lived in Canada :rofl:

That is EXACTLY what the cheese was. Good eye! :+1: