What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Steve) #1184

Looks great Dave! What dough recipe are you using?

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1185

Hi and welcome @Athena61 - looks fantastic!

@CrackerJax - great you’ve seen your mum - her garden is beautiful!

Fish pie and the ubiquitous asparagus tonight. Delicious! Bowl of crème fraîche and homemade strained yoghurt for pud (not pictured - already in tummy!).

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1186

Mexican Scrambled Eggs with Bacon

Chorizo, Onion, Jalapeño, Kerrygold Skellig Cheddar (it’s back!), Avocado and Cilantro, Café Lungo with HWC :cowboy_hat_face:

That looks delicious. What style of dough do you prefer?

Thanks @Jamboribs & @Athena61 … I actually have a few different recipes I use for Pizza’s. One of course is the Fathead Dough recipe from Diet Doctor website, which works well enough but I was trying to cut back the cheese some since it uses so much. … This one I just made up one morning & is more Egg based, since I do enjoy my Eggs. :slight_smile: So some may find it a bit too Eggy for them, but it works fine for me and the family likes it. Quite easier too, since you pour it into the pan and bake, so no rolling it out to fit the pan. … I added a screenshot of the ingredients below, but for images and process you can just click here. Recipe with images This makes a good sized Pizza too. I either use my 8.5"x15" Square Pan, or the Round 16"+ Pan with the amounts shown. There was some left today and the three of us were quite full afterwards. I do add quite a bit of toppings, so I make it like a Meat Lovers, but usually only Pepperoni, Sausage and Bacon. The wife finds it a bit much when I use too many.

As far as a preference, I’m not really sure? Think I actually prefer this one for say Breakfast of Lunch times, and will use the Fathead Dough more-so for Dinner time. This one is like a large Omelette, with many toppings. :smile: Hope ya like it… :+1:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1190

No pic but I had some butter poached salmon and asparagus drizzled in bacon fat before roasting. Also treated myself to a breyers carb smart almond bar.

Dinner… Had a nice Taco Salad, with Turkey Taco Seasoned Sausage, Italian Dressing, Sour Cream & a little Mild Taco Sauce. Also had a Root Beer Zevia and 2 Squares Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate.

(Jane) #1192

Roasting some garden bounty to go with our steak for dinner

Tonight’s dinner was a Chick-fil-A copycat. The chicken tenders were brined in pickle juice, then dipped in melted butter and coated in a mixture of Parmesan cheese, pork rinds, and flax seed. Chicken was air fried. Chaffles were made with mozzarella cheese, egg, and a couple drops of stevia. I made a spicy mayo to go with it and served it with pickles. Every once in a while I have part of a baked potato. 8CE48E40-8004-47CA-AD41-7351DEC33F3D

Perfect crust on that steak!

Thanks, Dave.

(Jody) #1196

Saturday OMAD:

18oz Ribeye, Sautéed Mushrooms, Asparagus

Been a LONG time since I’ve had these mushrooms (until I switch back Keto) so I am really enjoying them!

Thank you :slight_smile:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1198

Lamb soup. Lamb bone broth with chunks of meat and water. The lamb meat is pretty dry from roasting it, which I kinda like, it’s a bit like jerky. But wanted it softer today. This was my first time using this batch of broth. It was nice! Not enough salt, but that is easy to add. For now it was carnivore, but this would be good with some veg if I decide to go back to that.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1199

@Janie, looks wonderful! My radishes have only just got going but I can’t wait to harvest them when they’re big enough! We didn’t grow anything at all last year but lockdown has given us the opportunity this time.

That’s genius, @Athena! And it all looks amazing!

('Jackie P') #1200

Wow! A culinary genius :hugs::hugs:

I sat in bed with a cup of tea thinking about clearing out the understairs cupboard. Then another cuppa and some social networking, bit of TV.

Cheese and tomato toastie for lunch!
Still thinking about that cupboard!
I might stop soon, it’s detrimental to my mental health :joy::joy::rofl::rofl:. Besides, there is always tomorrow :sunglasses:

(Steve) #1201

Thanks Dave, I’m going to give this crust a go on the next pizza.

Salmon with melted butter and lemon, and some buttery Brussel’s sprouts.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1203

It’s the thought that counts, eh?! :wink: