Ghee Hollandaise Sauce

sauce
ghee
hollandaise

If you are having a hard time trying to increase your fat content in your meals, Ghee Hollandaise Sauce is very easy to make and can be added to just about anything (meat, fish, vegetables and eggs). It also makes a great dipping sauce for cold meats and raw vegetables. Hollandaise sauce is typically made with melted butter. But, this recipe uses ghee (clarified butter) instead, which results in a much fattier and richer end product.

First start with putting raw egg yolk in a bowl. For each egg yolk, add one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon water.

Whisk the yolk/lemon/water until you get a light yellow mixture (about one minute)

For each yolk, melt between 1/4 to 1/3 cup of ghee (clarified butter)

Slowly drizzle the warm liquid ghee as you whisk the yolk mixture

After about a minute of whisking and slowly dribbling in liquid ghee, the mixture starts to thicken

Then it starts to get pretty stiff. Beyond this point, the mixture then starts to loosen up as you add more liquid ghee. Add as much ghee as you want to get the desired texture you like (between 1/4 to 1/3 cup liquid ghee per yolk)

This is the final product (using about 1/3 cup liquid ghee per yolk). When complete, add salt and pepper to taste. If desired, you can add other flavourings like Dijon mustard, hot Tabasco sauce, smoked paprika or more lemon juice. This is a very simple recipe which only takes not more than five minutes of whisking

New(ish) and Now Struggling
Ketoing for over a month, still confused
Not seeing results
8 weeks into ketogenic
How do you get more fat?
Tell me what to do differently, please
A ghee question
Patatas Bravas
Pleased to Meet You
Too much dairy, what other fats?
Fasting, Feasting and Protein
Food help
(Arlene) #2

Thank you. This looks fantastic. My husband likes a chipotle-spiced store mayo. Puts it on most meals. I’m hoping I can spice this up to mimic that mayo.

Nice write up thanks, I will be having this for ‘break-fast’ :slight_smile:

I make chicken liver pate to up the fat content,

(Adam L) #4

Looks good, do you make your own ghee?

Yes, I make my own ghee. Very simple to do. Just melt butter down, let milk solids sink to bottom, then decant the top oil layer into a jar.

If you don’t have ghee at the ready for thus recipe, you can use melted better. It will still work.

(Adam L) #6

I would have been shocked if you didn’t make your own! I will give it a go, intrigued by a report I’ve read outside this forum of someone stalling & identifying dairy as the issue. The person eliminated dairy but kept ghee & hasn’t looked back.

(Tom) #7

WHy am I looking at recipes when I’m in the middle of a fast?!

I’ve broken 2 fasts short looking at these posts, so you’re a stronger man than I, Doc! …or soon to be “Doc” :smiley:

(Tom) #9

Thanks!

I just made this tonight to put on some grilled chicken things, delicious!

(betsy.rome) #11

Re: ghee, clarified butter. What can you do with the discarded parts?

Which discarded parts are you referring to?