Not seeing results

I have trained myself to read labels, half and half knly has 1g of carbs and the vinaigrette only has 2g

(Siobhan) #19

Sounds like you do have some great NSVs already.
I’ll echo what @jamestorie said and say watch for sneaking carbs (though it sounds like you are tracking everything and are okay in that regard) and don’t snack if you aren’t hungry, and perhaps even add more fat at meals (if you need suggestions feel free to ask and we will provide). I saw a thread earlier regarding a breastfeeding mom who added more fat to her diet and continued to lose… and promptly put the scale away.
Other than that it sounds like if you KCKO you will be golden and are already making progress even if it doesn’t want to show on the scale just yet! How you feel is just as, if not more important than the scale even if having a number move can be rather exciting.

Thanks and i will def ask. Im also a cook so will post meal ideas as i make them. I really appreciate groups like this with like minded ppl. Talking to my friends about it just wasnt cutting it. I dont like being a quitter and needed some reassurance that i was on the right path…thanks a bunch. This def made me feel better.

(Siobhan) #21

Awesome! I would hate to see someone quit when they’re already doing so well. Sometimes it’s very beneficial to focus on NSVs because 1) they happen more often and 2) can often be the most lifechanging.

As for added fat, the number one recommendations I can think of are going for fatty cuts of meat - like pork shoulder, bacon, pork belly, chicken thigh (instead of breast), etc
If you’re already doing that, you can add a sauce on the side like an aioli or butter sauce that you can dip. This can be good because then you can control how much fat you’re getting, and just keep having more of it until you’re full.
I love making meatballs with high fat cheeses instead of breadcrumbs, and sometimes I’ll just have some high fat cheddar or mozzarella alongside dinner which usually leaves me super full.
Stuff like fettucine alfredo (noodles made from egg and cream cheese ftw!), or chicken pot pie (with chicken thigh, and a real cream sauce, and a cheese dough) can be fantastic as well. You can check out our recipes section since you like cooking. There are plenty of recipes there that range from easy to advanced, and you can always create a thread in the fat section of the food subforum and request high fat recipes too.

Calling: @richard @brenda @carl for advanced keto’er fat tips
Personally I love guacamole, and cooking steaks in butter, and fat bombs are awesome too!

EDIT: Just to clarify if you feel full you do NOT need to eat any more. Likewise if you aren’t hungry in the first place - you don’t need to eat! This is just in case you feel it might help to raise fat and see how you feel

I think you should try to sneak a little more fat in there if at all possible. It doesn’t take much to up your fat each day. Just a tablespoon of butter or other yummy fat here and there will do the trick. It looks like you’re still restricting calories too much if that is an average day. Your calorie count is 981 for the day. Now, every now and then that’s ok. But if you’re averaging 1000 calories a day, your body is fighting to hold onto what you have (starvation mode). I eat ~1600 calories per day, with an occasional day I might be around 1,000 (those not so hungry days). (I’m 5’6)

It make take your body a while to up your metabolism and realize starvation mode isn’t needed. Good luck!

Very cool. That’s what I started doing…just for fun…and now I’m addicted to posting recipes on this forum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m looking forward to seeing your creations!

By the way…if you are looking for increasing your fats in your meals…and you have a knack at cooking…maybe you would like to try adding some hollandaise sauce. Here’s how:

and…just like the others suggested in this thread…if you are not hungry…don’t eat. Don’t force yourself to eat a snack or meal or anything. If the eating window of your 16:8 cycle comes up, and you are not hungry…skip it and see if you can wait to eat the next day. That’s a strategy that works for me…possibly can work for you, too.

Good luck…I look forward to how your journey is progressing :grin:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #24

I eat mine cold with a spoon sometimes. I’ve seen @amber do it too. Lol

Ecstasy I MEAN Hollandaise

(Dany Bolduc) #25

My suggestions, re-iterating and adding to what was said already.

I think you should cut the half and half in favor of heavy/whipping cream.
You should never snack (at least while trying to get fat adapted) … and I suspect you consume quite a bit of carbs with these.

I would also suggest you change your meal plan from what looks to me “Lean meat + veggies + little fat” to “Fat centric meal”
I might be wrong, but it looks to me like you’re are still in the mindset of eating 6 times a day + control the fats… Go bacon and eggs only for a week… and during that week browse the Food section here or other recipe sites like Ruled.me for thinks that look yummy to you.

(Todd Allen) #26

Losing 4 lbs in 6 weeks is a very reasonable rate of weight loss. Keep it up and that’s 35 lbs/year. How many years did it take to get heavy? If you reverse it in a year or two or three, is that not excellent?

(Crow T. Robot) #27

I just wanted to point out, too, that you did plain old calorie restriction for a month prior to starting keto. That will blunt the immediate impact of your new WOE, i.e. you won’t lose as much as otherwise. Same thing was seen in the Kevin Hall keto pilot study. In this context, 4 lbs in six weeks is not as bad as you might think. Try not to think of it as temporary diet and more like a new way of life (with some variation possible).

Secondly, I want to echo that not all fat loss is reflected by the scale. Many people see body recomposition from fat to lean tissue (of all kinds) without scale changes right away. Give yourself some time.

(Dany Bolduc) #28

Yes I would agree with that statement, it is excellent.

But is also “the first 6 weeks” on keto.
I would expect the water-loss alone in the first week or so to be more that 4 lbs… which led me to suggest a 1 week stricter diet to make sure that even better results are not held back from improper macros (and I hate focusing and do not focus on macros)

I certainly do not want to minimize how meaningful a 4 lbs weight-loss is and I apologize if this is what came across.

(Cathrine Helle) #29

When I started keto in 2010/11 my average weight loss was 1.5kg (4 pounds) a month. Some loose more slowly, and I’m one of those. But during a whole year it amounted to 20 kg, and I went from obese to normal weight. Trust the process, it might take time, but is so worth it :blush:

(James storie) #30

Good advice! You can’t go wrong with bacon and eggs!

Hey gals and guys. I took your advice and increased my fat, and since my post i hv lost 10 additional lbs…yaaay me

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

@Daisy look at this. Wonderful.

Keto is magical, no?
Actually, it’s very difficult to get CICO out of our brains. It’s all about hormones, and you, @PrettyRedGirl, just unfucked yours! Good job.

Wow @PrettyRedGirl - you lost 10lbs in 10 days eating more fat - YAY. It really does work and I hope you feel great? It is really hard to get all that ground-in CICO stuff out, @Brenda is so right. Even when you see it working and you feel wonderful, there is still this annoying little part of you that yaps away. You get better at ignoring him though! We know better now.

Really happy for you. xxx

Yes it is. If I would have known it was this easy I would have never wasted my time and energy on other diets. I have even started my daughter on it, and hopefully a few other family members are getting inspired

Thanks. I really do feel great. My sleep is regulating, so hopefully no more bouts of insomnia. Forgetting everything I have been taught my whole life about eating gets easier everyday, and so does the guilt of cooking in butter and loading up on the mayo.

(Kathy L) #36

When I think back to all the time / energy / & $$$$$$$$$ I wasted over the years on diets / books / weight watchers dues, etc… it makes me stick! I’m loving this!! Thanks to you all for the needed support & advice!

(Benita) #37

I’m trying to figure this site out but I’m needing some help and guidance. How would i go about asking