What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Good, ain’t it! :slight_smile: … Keep in mind a lot of folks liking using the FatHead Pizza dough to make other stuff too. I’ve used it for making a type of Calzones, as well as Sausage and Cheese, breakfast wrap of sorts. Works very well indeed.

Tonight’s dinner… Pickles & Olives on the side, Boneless BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs, Country Steak , Fried Radishes and a new Deviled Eggs I tried. (Tuna infused, overstuffed Deviled Eggs) Also had a few Brazil Nuts and 2 squares of the 92% Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate. (Since I plan to cut out some of these things here shortly, I had some tonight.) Mainly going to try cutting out Dairy, Nuts and Chocolate.

Note: I gave the pups a nice bite each of the steak, and only ate half the Country Style Ribs. So I have the half steak from last night and have of this from tonight. So I will probably take those out tomorrow.

Lunch was egg salad made with mayo and a full avocado. Garlic salt, loads of pepper (any pepper lovers here?), cayenne, turmeric, and smoked paprika.

Yummmm! Also, I love this thread. Gives me great ideas for meal prepping :slight_smile:

Do you just fry your radishes in butter? I got some today to cook or roast, I’ve only had them raw until now but wanted to do something new

I experimented with cracker recipes today, these are made with almond flour and flax. They are pretty good. Made a sort of picky bits platter with a veggie burger. Having a hungry day today but still great on the carb count

First, your plate above looks great. Nice assortment, and I too want to try making some crackers soon.

Yep, tonight the wife just fried them up in butter. But we have done them a few times in with a Roast, in the slow cooker. They come out really good, and are somewhat close to potatoes, so they make a good replacement for this. … Try experimenting with them and I think you will like the results. :slight_smile:

I also made Radish-Au-Gratin a while back and it came out pretty good. If the link works properly below, you can check it out in a Recipe thread I have. :slight_smile:

(Troy) #4743

Pork Rinds
3 tbsp of kerrygold butter
1 tbsp of Kirkland almond butter
Lots of Cinnamon
1/2 packet of Truvia
Slightly warmed up

That looks good! I’m also thinking about making radish hash browns for Sunday breakfast-for-lunch

Please let us know if that works out. Sounds like it might be good as well.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4746

Keto-namese Stir Fry

Sousvide chicken thighs with skin, Bok Choy, sweet mini peppers, ginger, salt pickled lemon, fish sauce, Vietnamese chili garlic sauce, generous coconut oil, a bit of crushed cashews on top and and a tsp. of allulose and pinch of Xanthan Gum. :man_cook:t2: :yum:

(Jane) #4747

Skinny margarita (sugar free) at Chuy’s in Little Rock.

Simple dinner tonight. Plus 5 slices of pickles.

And yes, my food has a cute ass heart filter :crazy_face:

Love a picky bits platter :smile:

(Allie) #4750

Under this mountain of spinach cooked in ghee, seasoning, and cheese, there’s a pork chop hiding.

I made the ghee yesterday and forgot I’d used salted butter so added more salt during cooking; it was very salty but really nice.

(Steve) #4751

Deep Fried Fish Cakes

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4752

My favourite coconut flour loaf…can be made with cream or coconut milk and it goes so lovely with chilli or under scrambled eggs. I like to keep a loaf on hand for my mum too as she’s just started doing Paleo :blush:

(Jane) #4753

Can you post the recipe you used for the crackers? They look really good.

They were pretty good! Bit high on total carbs but good on net carbs (I’m a net carber). I think you’d be able to switch out the coconut flour for more flax and bring that net carb total down further.
We are going on vacation to the outer banks for a week in June with all my BFs family and because I’m a type A+++ personality that likes to plan wayyyyy ahead, I’ve been experimenting with recipes that I can cook ahead of time and bring with to make it easier to stay keto. My next try will be all flax with some sesame seed. I’m also testing their shelf life for staleness and crispness and will keep everyone updated :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Almond crackers

1 cup almond flour (I used bobs red mill)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup ground flax meal
1 egg (if the mix is too dry and not staying together at all, add one more egg)
1/8 cup of olive oil or coconut oil
salt and any other spices you would like (I used salt, a little black pepper, and I sprinkled coarse sea salt on top before baking. Next time might do rosemary or bagel seasoning)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees

Mix everything together in a large bowl with a big spoon, then squish it together in a ball with your hands.
Put between parchment paper and roll out to the thickness you want.
Use a pizza cutter to make them into cracker shapes.
Bake on the parchment for 15-18 minutes (ovens are picky, so watch them for the last 5 mins or so. My oven has cold spots so I rotated about 10 mins in)

(Diane) #4755

Would you please share the recipe for your favorite coconut flour bread loaf? I’m at the beginning stage of a Keto Bread Experiment.

Thanks!

Mid-day meal… Eggs and Bacon, and the leftover Top Sirloin & Mushroom for the other night. Also had 2 squares 92% Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate and 10 Macadamia Nuts.