You asked for Full Metal Keto Recipes

(Full Metal KETO AF) #21

(Full Metal KETO AF) #22

I started a new thread I wanted to tie in.

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #23

Protein Noodle Experiment

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/protein-dough/88562/7

(Full Metal KETO AF) #24

Cantonese Shrimp and Bok Choy in Wine Sauce

I got a request for this recipe from @Jamboribs so I will lay out the basics.

7-10 oz of shrimp
250g or more of Bok Choy

Peel and rinse the shrimp, put it in a bowl and sprinkle well with salt and a pinch of baking soda, mix well and set aside to cure, about 10 minutes. This will give the shrimp an improved texture with a little snap when you bite in. I also add about 1 tsp. of Shaohsing or Shaoxing rice wine and a sprinkling of white pepper. If there’s any liquid after the cure drain it, it should absorb into the shrimp.

Cut and wash the Bok Choy. Set a large sauce pan of water to boil. When ig gets to a rolling boil I add a fair amount of plain salt, not quite what you would do for boiling pasta and a couple tsp. of baking soda. When it’s boiling good blanch the Baby Bok Choy for about 30 seconds, it should get bright green. This process also removes some of the water in the Bok Choy and helps it retain a good texture during a brief stir fry. Drain and cold shock it to stop the cooking process. I just use cold tap water in the pan I cooked it in. Drain well and set it aside.

Sauce mix

50ml-75ml of Shaoxing
Salt and Erythritol added to get a salty/sweet balance (sorry, I don’t measure, it’s by taste. If you’re not afraid of MSG add a pinch and whisk in a couple of finger pinches of Xanthan gum, be careful not to add too much, it thickens over a ten minute time span. I added a tablespoon or two of water also.

The three additions that were in the picture were ginger sliced thin in pinky fingernail sized slices, chopped garlic and thin sliced Chinese Preserved Radish. That third ingredient is optional.

2 Tbls of coconut oil in the wok, heat but not too hot, add the ginger and after a few seconds when fragrant add the shrimp, if using the radish add now, stir fry for a bit until the shrimp are looking cooked, add the garlic and stir fry until it’s fragrant too. Add the Bok Choy and stir fry for thirty seconds. I give it a light dusting with white pepper and add the sauce mix and stir to coat everything and plate it. Eat as soon as you can while it’s fresh, and at it’s best. :man_cook:t3: :shallow_pan_of_food:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #25

(Full Metal KETO AF) #26

KETO Coffee Chipotle Meat Rub

@SecondBreakfast recently posted how her favorite rub for beef is Coffee Chili Rub. She’s the expert around here as far as beef is concerned IMHO, she raises it and eats lots of it. So I had to try it, it’s been in the back of my mind forever anyways. Looking online sugar is a common element and the usual choice for the chili is ancho powder. I was out and decided to create my own Rub after reading a lot of variations. This is what I ended up with and it’s so tasty I can’t stop dipping my finger in it to taste it again! I added a little element of jerk flavor with allspice to the mix.

2 Tablespoons of finely ground Espresso

1 Tablespoon of Chipotle powder

1 Tablespoon Paprika

1 teaspoon ground Cumin

1 1/2 teaspoons of Mexican Oregano

1 teaspoon of fresh coarse ground Black Pepper

1/2 teaspoon of ground Allspice

2 teaspoons of Allulose

1 1/2 teaspoons of Salt

:man_cook:t4: