The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(JOSE VARGHESE) #389

What is IM and EF ? Thanks

Intermittent fasting and extended fasting.

(JOSE VARGHESE) #391

Thanks

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #392

(Chrissy Godfrey) #393

My story starts with me wanting to loose 10 lbs to fit into my old snowboarding pants for an upcoming vacation. I had 3 month to lose the weight and I lost those 10 and a few more. One thing I was worried about our trip besides the extra weight was my IBS-D symptoms. They were really bad at times and the thought of not being near a bathroom all day was scary. I planned on taking a bunch of imodium and dealing with the consequences later. To my amazement within a few weeks of going keto my symptoms had almost disappeared. I still have an occasional flair but it is so mild comparatively. I have gained my freedom back and I am so thankful to have found keto and this community. In total I have lost 40 lbs since December 8, 2017. I have yet to get my labs checked but I have an appointment in September to see my doctor and request labs be drawn.

(Karen) #394

Weight loss AND cheekbones!! Well done!
K

Congrats! Well done

You look like you lost more than 40lbs. I bet you lost more body fat and gained some muscle in there. Great Job!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #397

Well done so much body recomp going on too. Next pics smile, you did yourself proud.

(Linda Love) #398

Dang! Two different people. Congratulations! Absolutely beautiful.

(Jane) #399

Youā€™ve done great!!! And your skin is so much healthier, too!

Itā€™s nice to hear of someone with lower expectations about how much they want or can to lose on keto in x months and then stick around for the health benefits.

(Justin Roberts) #400

My 28th birthday vs my 33rd birthday. Iā€™m convinced that keto is a time machineā€¦

(cheryl) #401

Awesome progress :smile:

Whew, Justin. Way to go!

Yep, Chrissy, youā€™re in good company. I think we all feel that way. I know I do.

(Karen) #404

I see youā€™re still losing and such a smile holding your little one!!

K

(Shaun) #405

Amazing success story Rajseth. Very inspirational.

(Liz Myers) #406

Not all my weight loss was from keto, but the easiest weight loss has been!

I have always been morbidly obese - right from infancy.

In the spring of 2003, at age 29, I was diagnosed as being prediabetic. That fall I had RNY weight loss surgery - I weighed 343# the morning of my surgery.
I lost 140# by spring of 2005, and hovered around the low 200ā€™s a few years before my weight started slowly creeping up.

In March of 2015 I weighed 235 - my husband and I were planning a cross country motorcycle trip for 2016, and I knew I needed to increase my fitness level for it.
Over the next (nightmarish) 15 months, I worked with a trainer and saw 2 nutritionists - and lost 35#. I followed all the crappy standard diet advice, was obsessing over food because I was constantly hungry and had zero energy.
Itā€™s bad when your trainer sends you home because you are dragging so badly. It got to the point that I felt I was unsafe to ride my motorcycle, so I stopped monitoring my food intake a few weeks before we left.
I vowed I would dig into the science behind hunger and energy when I got back.

I had an accident during the trip, and during my recovery I saw a post about keto from @Brenda (we were motorcycle FB friends). I was bored and cranky, and diet posts annoyed me, so I was determined to research and disprove the wacky diet she kept posting aboutā€¦only I couldnā€™tā€¦

I read the Obesity Code, and had a light bulb moment when Dr. Fung talked about high insulin levels making you unable to access energy. That is why I was always so darn tired.
That was January 2017, and I weighed 230. I was full keto by mid March, and have lost 47 pounds on keto so far.

It blows my mind that every few days I wake up and am a new lowest weight (183 this AM) since I was a kid. Iā€™ve started running (no, Iā€™m not being chased) - something I never thought Iā€™d ever be able to do.
Iā€™m never hungry. I never have low energy. Keto is responsible for my meeting incredible people.

Can life get any better?

340 .jpg200x511 43.2 KB

230.jpg200x658 41.5 KB

[183
183.jpg200x519 35.5 KB

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #407

Wow! Justā€”wow! :+1:

A big congrats from a fellow biker! ā€¦ Way to go and ride safe! :motorcycle: ā€¦Damn, couldnā€™t find a Harley! :slight_smile: