SUPER SIMPLE CHEESECAKE with a pecan crust

(Tammy Kidd) #1

I make this in a 9x9 square pyrex dish. It is perfect everytime.
Dump pecan halves in the dish enough to cover the bottom. Take them back out and crush them into small pieces. (I put them in a ziplock and hit them a few times with a rolling pin lol). Back into the pan with a few pats of butter and sprinkle with sweetener (swerve). Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes and let it cool.
Cheesecake: 8 oz cream cheese (soft), 1/2 cup sweetener, 1tsp vanilla, 1 egg and 1 1/2 tblsp sour cream. You can add a splash of HWC but you don’t have to. Pour over the pecan crust and bake 325 for about 20 to 25 minutes. PERFECT and SIMPLE.

Fallen off the wagon :(
Family - Relationships - birthday party
Non-Keto hosting Ketos
Birthday dessert
What did you Keto today?
(Melissa) #2

Sounds easy and delicious. I’ll let you know how it turns out for me!

(Athena) #3

@tammy_steve1219, how many servings does it make?

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #4

Lol. I’d imagine as many as you want to cut in a standard square baking dish. My choice would be nine.

(Tammy Kidd) #5

Yes depends on how you cut it lol.

(Tammy Kidd) #6

@Brenda Zorn

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #7

Thank you Tammy. I keep all my recipes here in the Forum. I appreciate you putting it here.

(Athena) #8

I made this tonight and am eating it now. It’s SO good. At 325, it did take 65 minutes to bake in my oven.

(Tammy Kidd) #9

Glad you like it!

(Consensus is Politics) #10

OK. Im making this as soon as I can get some pecans. I just ate a bag of them over the past two weeks. They were just sitting in the pantry, taunting me. Saying Eat ME. I had to oblige them, they were getting on my nerves. I have a feeling I’m going to be eating this a lot. :cowboy_hat_face:

[EDIT: I meant making this a lot… but who am I kidding…]

(Tammy Kidd) #11

My hubby and 4 yr old love it! I make it about once a month.

(Garry (Canada)) #12

Sounds like a great recipe. I just need a little clarity on the “1/2 cup sweetener”.
Can I use Caramel or Raspberry Torani syrup? Or is it something completely different I should use?
Thanks.
Garry.

(Tammy Kidd) #13

I haven’t ever used liquid sweeteners in it. I always use erythitol (swerve). But that does sound good. I would think you could cut the sweetener down and add the syrup to taste. If you do let me know…i have some ideas myself…lol.

(Rob) #14

Having an abundance of pecans and a load of cream cheese heading towards it’s use by date rapidly I decided to give this one a go. I didn’t have the granulated sweetener detailed in the recipe so (being a not normally baking type) I figured that I could just substitute liquid stevia instead. Not wanting to over-do it, I added 1 teaspoon of liquid stevia to the base and one to the cream cheese topping…

Let’s just say it didn’t end well :wink:

(Tammy Kidd) #15

Stevia seems to always give me a bitter taste, especially in baked foods. I hope you have better luck next time.

(Rob) #16

Hmmm, yes, that would be it!! LOL

(G. Andrew Duthie) #17

Trying this now. Smells AMAZING.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #18

Well, first try was just OK.

I had too much pecan, and not enough cheesecake.

Tasted like a cross between pecan pie and cheesecake. Which is OK given that I like both, but not quite what I was looking forward to.

Definitely worth another try, though.

(Tammy Kidd) #19

Yes looks like too many pecans…but I hope it still tasted good. I make this about once a month for the family. Give it another try in the future and let me know. Thanks!

(Rob) #20

I used 100g of pecans when I did mine and that was just enough to give a reasonable base to it. I’m going to get some granulated sweetener and give it another go. I didn’t feel like there was enough cheese part to it, but going to focus on getting the taste right first, and then ramp up the cheese quantity :slight_smile: