Non-Keto hosting Ketos

("Don't call it calories, call it food") #3

Meal looks good to me. Meat and veggies are a great plan.

No need to make a dessert unless you really need to for another reason. Speaking for myself and lots of people who have posted here, I don’t really eat dessert. Some heavy whipping cream and raspberries is a good choice though.

(Sheri Knauer) #4

Yes. This!

(TJ Borden) #5

This!!!

If you don’t have time to whip it, just a small bow with cream and berries works too. But use Heavy Whipping Cream, not half-n-half.

(Rita) #6

Thanks, everybody. Any suggestions other than berries and (whipped) cream?

(TJ Borden) #7

There are a lot of low/no sugar options, but many would involve supplies you likely don’t have on hand.

If your friends have been keto for a while, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. For one, we’re not used to having dessert options when we go places, so berries and cream is a treat, plus we generally don’t eat dessert that much, or eat as much at all.

You can search “dessert” here on the forum and get some ideas.

Obviously no croutons in the ceasar salad and check the dressing for carbs

There are millions of desserts that can be made, I make cheescake, carrot cake and cinnamon buns whenever I crave something however they all require an artificial sweetner. I order confectioners Swerve from Amazon and it is about $10 a bag but I guarantee you will be stuck with some. Most everything other than cheescake also requires either almond or coconut flower.

This one does not but does require the swerve I mentioned. If you decide to get swerve get confectioners not granulated.

Try DietDoctor.com or KetoEvangelist who usually have interesting recipes

If you make this recipe I would double the cheesecake ingredients or use a smaller pan, I keep the crust the same and I usually add a sprinkle of almond flour before baking the crust to get it to stick together better but assuming your guests are not wheat intolerant (many people here are) using a tablespoon of regular flour instead will not hurt anything

I cook for my family nightly and make them a meat or chicken main dish and vegetable for everyone keto or not and then a separate side dish of rice for the carb eaters. I have been keto for 17 months and I make mostly the same recipes I made before, I just got rid of all seed oil ingredients (cottonseed, soybean, corn, canola) since they are unhealthy for everyone keto or not (use avocado, light olive oil and coconut or butter). I got rid of high sugar sauces and when I want barbeque sauce I make my own. Same with marinades

(Rita) #10

Thanks, everyone. In answer to Baytowvin’s comment, my friends are very new to veto.

Thanks, Saphire, for the cheesecake recipe. I may look into Swerve and give it a try. If I do, what was it you were going to say about adding something.

If I do, what was it you were going to say about adding something.
[/quote]

Not sure what you mean but if you look at her recipe it is just crushed nuts, butter and fake sugar. I add a little almond flour to the crust mixed in before I cook the crust. Assuming your guests do not have a problem with wheat (I would double check because many people end up here because they are gluten intolerant) and you do not have almond flour, you can subsitute a tablespoon of regular flour to mix in to the crust before you bake it

Also I double the recipe for the part that is not crust because I found there was not enough cheesecake. Also, as with any cheesecake if you use too much cream cheese and not enough sugar fake or not, it will taste too cream cheesy.

This guy sounds like the expert on cheese cakes but I have not tried his recipe. Since swerve is an erthrytol blend, you can probably use either one

(Kellie) #12

Look up keto cheesecake or keto peanut butter cookies

(TJ Borden) #13

Ooooh… that’s a good one too

I make cupcakes with the dough from this donut recipe:

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-classic-chocolate-donuts

If you want to get fancy, they might make nice mini-cakes.

I make a quickie no-bake “cheesecake” by combining mascarpone cheese with whipped cream, with cinnamon and vanilla extract and artificial sweetener. It could be put into serving cups, topped with raspberries or strawberries.

Or, you can use unsweetened cocoa powder in place of the cinnamon to make a chocolate dessert.

You are a much nicer person than me. When I invite vegans to my house, they are pretty much on their own…

(TJ Borden) #16

I always have a vegan menu ready when I have people over.

• water
  • cubed ice
  • crushed ice

Haha. I did once offer fruit to a vegan as an afterthought…like after everyone else had eaten I was like “oh right, you need something to eat”. Sorry, I’m not a very nice host…

(TJ Borden) #18

:joy::joy::joy:

Well, I never said I was an expert, just that I’ve been making them for quite a while. :slight_smile: … Heck, someone can do mechanic work for 20 years, and still never fix anything right! :smile: :rofl:

But a lot of folks do like the cakes though. :wink: You are welcome to check out the thread linked. There are some really nice cakes being created by some of the great folks here.

Do they return the favor? :slight_smile:

(TJ Borden) #21

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I literally cried laughing so hard

(Allie) #22

I just don’t invite people over. It’s my house, my space, and I don’t like it being invaded. I’m antisocial :joy: