Birthday dessert

(Ashley) #6

Her coffee cake looks like heaven lol!

(Ginger) #7

Honestly, they’re super easy to make. I just made a lime and coconut one today. I don’t really follow recipe’s because I like to cook by experimentation and tasting testing! hahah. I worked out today that my keto cheesecakes work best if I replace one of the eggs in the recipe with two egg yolks (so instead of 4 med eggs, i used 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks). Super yummy.

(Ashley) #8

Awesome! I think I’m definetly going to do that for my birthday and then try the other persons links when I’m feeling something sweet! I’m so glad everyone’s so helpful!

(CJ Young) #9

I don’t know you’re baking comfort skill level but I just made Keto French Macarons for my own birthday. It’s not that hard really, you just want to make sure that after you pipe the circles onto your parchment that you let it sit for a whole hour before putting into the oven. Otherwise they don’t puff up just right. You swap the powdered sugar for powdered erythritol and it’s the same otherwise. All that’s really in them is powdered sweetener, almond flour and egg whites anyway. I made the filling out of a dark chocolate ganache made from 85% dark and heavy cream. Turned out really nice.

It seemed like the perfect keto birthday food. It’s sort of a lot of erythritol but because it doesn’t usually have flour anyway it seemed ideal. Best part is, I froze the extra cookies and now I have nice little treats waiting for me.

(Ashley) #10

Awesome Job and happy b-lated birthday? I’m not very big on macaroons! But I do thank you for the information because my dad loves them and he can’t have a lot of sugar, could be a good treat since his birthday is earth day! Thank you :slight_smile:

(Miss E) #11

do you mix the macadamias with anything to make the base?

(Ginger) #12

Yup. I use roughly a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of coconut oil, melted. Pinch of salt, few teaspoons of ginger, teaspoon of cinnamon and some stevia/erythritol to taste. I also, always roast the macademia nuts first for extra flavour.

I haven’t tried this yet, but if it’s a treat just for you: https://www.lowcarbspark.com/super-easy-keto-chocolate-brownie-mug-cake/

(Ashley) #14

Thank you it looks good :slight_smile:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #15

I take a small portion of frozen berries, add a smaller portion of heavy whipping cream, and a partial packet of sweetener, and blitz with my immersion blender. The berries freeze the cream, and the blender breaks it up.

Theoretically, it’s fruitti di bosco ice cream. I do it on a scale, so it’s 70-75g of mixed frozen berries, 55-60g of heavy whipping cream, and half a packet of equal. Cover the top as the immersion blender doesn’t love frozen berries.

I suspect this could be done in a ninja or other small blender. Multiply it out for extra servings, but I make a single serving on demand.

(Julie ) #16

Happy Birthday , hope you find a treat for your birthday that you really like.

(Ashley) #17

Thank you sounds amazing!

(Ashley) #18

Thank you, I’ve got a lot of options now lol!

This is amazing

You can use walnuts and most other types of nuts. I add a little almond flour to the base to thicken it

(Ashley) #20

Thank you, gosh everyone has so many good snacks lol, I haven’t touched desert since I started so this is amazing!

(Ashley) #21

Sounds so yummy :slight_smile:

(Tammy Kidd) #22

Thank you!

(Rob) #23

You are a naughty little ringer, aren’t you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“SHOCK: Professional pastry chef says keto Macaron are easy!!” :scream::crazy_face::yum:

That said, I remember watching the first series of the Great British Bake Off - often the most watched show of the year in the UK - when a macaron was the focus of an entire episode. 12 years later and they are dashed off in large quantities as a garnish for everything from large architectural cakes to cupcakes by the amateur bakers.

(CJ Young) #24

Yeah, I sort of knew how it sounded as I typed it but I do truly believe that baking is an attainable skill for everybody and that macarons look super impressive but are actually pretty straight forward. I mean the main ingredients are almond flour and whipped egg whites which is pretty damn keto. Watch a youtube video on how to fold everything together and you can impress your friends in no time.

Also, love Great British Bake Off.

(betsy.rome) #25

Carolyn Ketchum is the queen of low-carb baking:
www.alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-slow-cooker-chocolate-cake/

This is the bomb, and the easiest, best-est thing you’ll ever make or eat. The perfect foolproof keto dessert, you start it before dinner (even if you’re going out to dinner) and it’s ready 2 to 2-1/2 hrs later, depending on how gooey or cakey you like it. Resembles a chocolate pudding-cake, especially if you throw some Lily’s or dark choc chips in the batter. Stir it up, pour in the crock pot, set it & leave it. Eat it warm topped with either whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. I’m making it for the hubby’s birthday this week.