What did you Keto today?

(Sophie) #4644

My lunch (break fast) of cold, left over smoked turkey thigh on a keto bun slathered with baconaise and half a left over avocado…I’m full as a tick! :blush: The dog begged me for what she could get. :dog:

(mary6aros) #4646

My nine year old helped me grocery shop and I was pleased that he found cheap Brussels in the freezer section! To my dismay though I didn’t read the package…

Do not dispair, however, they are salvageable.
I’ll just fry them up in some healthy bacon fat,:heartbeat:

(TJ Borden) #4647

Repeat of the Costco pork roast like yesterday, but this one was sous vide for 24 hours (versus yesterday’s 18 hours), because…science. I realized the pork is actually REALLY lean, so I made a quick Alfredo like sauce to top it with. There was a noticeable difference with the extra 6 hours.

(matt ) #4648

Cooked up some odds and end.

Italian sausage, ground beef, pepperoni, oregano, thyme, garlic and onion

Serve with sauce and cheese of choice. I just had mine as-is.

(Rob) #4649

Baked Pork Belly Slices with Purple Sprouting Broccoli with Bacon & Sliced Almond, cooked in goose fat, Halloumi Fries and Garlic Mushrooms…

I’d already had 3 pre-cooked bacon rashers, with some cream cheese to break my fast, so I was unable to finish it!

Belly Pork left-overs will go well on my Fat Head Pizza for tomorrow night’s dinner.

(Rob) #4650

I made @tammy_steve1219’s Super Simple Cheesecake with Pecan crust yesterday. I took lots of photos and adjusted the recipe by adding a couple of pinches of salt to the crust for a salted caramel taste… was delish!

I’m going to put a new topic in the recipes section when I get a mo. along with all the photos.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4651

@Ernest, Where and what kind of sausages are you getting? Every time I look at them I see CARBS. Scares the hell out of me to eat one. Have you found a lower carb version of a good sausage?

(Garry (Canada)) #4652

Broccoli & Cheddar Soup.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4653

Notable improvement or just difference?

(Lonnie Hedley) #4654

Meat lovers frittata. And my nonstick cast iron.

(TJ Borden) #4655

18 hours still had a “roast” texture. I could cut it with a fork, but it was easier with a knife. 24 hours and the fork cut it very easily. I liked the 24 hour better. I’m might try s 36 or even 48 hour after this weeks Zornfast.

I wasn’t sure what to expect. Pre sous vide, I generally cooked these in the slow cooker and after 8 hours on low it would fall apart and I’d turn it into pulled pork.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4656

Very lean pulled pork, I would guess.

Thanks. I tend to keep em short and steaky.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4657

Decided to change it up a bit tonight…

(TJ Borden) #4658

No jalapeños?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4659

An experiment. Dana Carpenter’s Heroin Wings treatment on sous vide Heston inspired pork belly cubes. No butter to keep the rub on, which was a mistake though it’s rich AF.

Dumped remaining rub on asparagus.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4660

I can’t lie…I had them!

(Dustin Bell) #4661

Omg, smothered huge broccoli spears with room temp bacon grease, salted them and baked them. My satiety signal punched me right in the face.

(Candy Lind) #4662

Needed to do something about my bacon nectar supply … so, six jelly roll pans later, I have 4 more inches of nectar in my jar, & BLT wraps (well actually BCT - those are collards) for supper, with Kerrygold Aged Cheddar for dessert. And a nice supply of bacon for the fridge & freezer. :innocent:

Jalapeno fudge! With salsa and avacado :fried_egg:

(Ernest) #4664

There’s always 1 or 2 grams per link.
I normally eat once a day so it doesn’t bother me.
I rarely hit 10 grams of carbs a day.