KetoAide homemade

ketoade
ketorade
ketoaid
electrolyte
litesalt

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #222

The ketoaide replaces some of my normal water. I drink a LOT of water as well. Good to get some supplementation in that way with ketoaide.

Unfortunately, I’m actually having an issue finding Morton’s Lite Salt. Seen a few they make, but so far no stores I’ve been to have it. … The wife is still looking for me, and I’m hoping she can find some this afternoon. Hate to have to order it on-line then wait on it. :frowning: I’m 29 hours in presently, but I definitely want to make some KetoAide to work with.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #224

Where are you from?

Maryland

Wife said Walmart has it, so I’m hoping she feels like taking a ride while I work in the garden. ‘Reason I took off a little early today, to get 3 or 4 hours of sweating in’ … But she checked earlier and said Target had it, but not the one I stopped past.

I have the MC already, so was thinking maybe I could just use table or Sea Salt for now, until I can get some? At least for the first bottle.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #227

Yes, better than not doing anything.

:+1: Thank you Ma’am. I’m hoping to have some Morton’s Lite later tonight or tomorrow morning.

First planned fast for me. :slight_smile:

(Shayne) #229

I don’t use the Morton’s. I use No Salt (it’s all Potassium Chloride instead of a mixture like Morton’s). That might be easier for you to find.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #230

I like the No Salt in my ketoaide. I use H.pink salt for the sodium, and I have powdered mag. citrate that I use now, I used to use the liquid but it has an artificial sweetener and I just wanted the supplements, not any add ins.

Thank you, Shayne. I actually did keep an eye out for the No Salt too while looking, but didn’t see that either. They only had the Morton’s Iodized or Morton’s Sea Salt.

But after an hour or so working in my garden, the wife called me on my AirPods (Because I’m always listening to music :slight_smile: ) and said she forgot to check one another place around the corner from us, that we don’t frequent, McKays. And the young girl she spoke with on the phone said they do indeed have it. So she ran up and picked me up some. So I’m good to go.

Thanks again.

I acidentally bought Calcium Magnesium Citrate (online). Does this matter? It isn’t a clear liquid, but milky looking. I hate wasting money!

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #233

Since you need both calcium and mag. shouldn’t be a problem. Calcium citrate is good for muscle issues.

Thank you!

(Miranda ) #235

I accidently bought NoSalt instead of LiteSalt! : (
It has 640mg of potassium per 1/4 tsp…so I just did an 1/8 tsp to make it match your recipe.
My salt has 520mg per 1/4 tsp which I also did an 1/8 tsp instead.

The magnesium citrate tastes like carbs too me…is saccharin sodium carbs?

I have chronic constipation (started way before going keto) so I want to up the magnesium but am worried it will effect my carbs…there’s no nutrition facts on the bottle I have.

Also- I’m adding Creatine and lemon juice…open to comments about this too.

I’m tempted to do stevia but I get that it could spike insulin so I’m going to try to get used to the taste as is. I love the cherry flavored citrate…I wish I could add the whole bottle but I have a feeling the saccahrin is not good.

(Miranda ) #236

How much NoSalt per bottle do you use? I bought it on accident and realize it has double the amount of potassium that LiteSalt has…so I’m worried about over doing it.

(Shayne) #237

I use approximately 1/4 tsp each no salt and pink salt with a full tbs of magnesium citrate in my San Pellegrino 25oz bottles. I only drink one per day, but I also supplement with an Rx potassium supplement and magnesium glycinate at night.

If you were to add the whole bottle, saccharin would be the last of your worries! :flushed: … I’ve used this many times over the years, and lets just say it works well.

The half tbsp in the mix, (or 1 tbsp per day if doing two), should not effect you really. But some people are different, so I can’t say for sure that it won’t. I would definitely keep an eye on it. If anything, It should help to go if that’s an issue.

(Diane) #239

I had problems using the magnesium citrate oral solution. It tastes sweet to me and seemed to make me hungry. It also had the very unfortunate effect of giving me diarrhea. I take magnesium glycinate about a 1/2 to 1 hour before bedtime.

I also just purchased this magnesium recommended by @SlowBurnMary. I’ve been putting 1/2 ounce in a couple of liters of ketoaide each day for the past week.

https://www.angstrom-minerals.com/collections/magnesium-supplements

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #240

There is a trace amount of saccharin in the Magnesium Citrate.
Trace.
Not enough to interrupt a fast.
When you mix up the KetoAide you’re mixing 24 oz of water 1/4 teaspoon of Lite Salt (for the sodium and potassium) and literally a half a tablespoon of the Magnesium Citrate.

A half a tbsp in 24 oz of water! That’s one and a half TEASPOONS.

People ask me often about my KetoAide that I have been sharing for a couple years now on social media.
I use the recipe for my IDM clients and recommend it in my monthly group fasts on their website. Dr. Jason Fung and Megan Ramos approve of it because of its benign affect.
Why? Because the amount of saccharin in a half a tablespoon of magnesium citrate mixed with 24 oz of water is absolutely miniscule and TRACE. Not something that you can taste even, and definitely not something that would interrupt autophagy (which can interrupted by protein, such as in bone broth)
The trace amount of saccharin in the Magnesium Citrate does not raise insulin at all and it definitely does not cause an insulin spike.

Again, Megan and Jason approved my posting of the KetoAide recipe in the IDM communities and on my monthly Membership Community Group Fast.

I’m so happy my little inexpensive invention has helped so many over the years.
People tell me all the time how It’s made fasting a breeze for them.

If you are still concerned, don’t use it.
I see no reason for concern.

(Michael Cunningham) #241

Thanks @Brenda for this, I’ve been using it for the last 9 months, everytime I fast. it’s been working great for me, and I’m in a fasting discord group, and i’ve shared it with everyone there (with links back to this post), and it’s come in very handy, to say the least! I appreciate your work with this!
One thing I’ve changed is, I premix the Magnesium citrate with the Lite salt, and then I can just use a teaspoon of the premix to add to my water, it makes it very convenient to add.