Hullo From Sunny Brighton, UK

(Cocker) #1

Hey! Found this forum as a result of my interest in fasting.

Have used ADF quite a lot and done a few 7 day fasts, as well as a lot of 2 and 3 day fastsā€¦typically use them for pre-summer diet. Seems to be a bit harder to get in to this time around and wondered if my increased fruit consumption was making the differenceā€¦thought keto (on feed days) might helpā€¦

ā€¦as an aside to all of this I also get quite bad water retention around my belly, seemingly due to carbsā€¦so now wondering if keto wouldnā€™t just be better for me altogetherā€¦

ā€¦as an experiment I tried fasting for 3 days and then refeeding on very low carbs - felt greatā€¦and then repeating but refeeding normally - got a food hangover and water retentionā€¦

Currently on day 3 of a fastā€¦and have resolved not to eat until my body fat is where I want it. I train quite a lot - martial arts and various other thingsā€¦interested to see how a keto diet interacts with training.

Anyway, Iā€™m ramblingā€¦hello! :slight_smile:

(bulkbiker) #2

Hello and welcome from sunny Worthing UKā€¦
I fast fairly often and have been trying a one meal every other day experimentā€¦ although not all that successfully to be honestā€¦ too many temptations.
I recently joined a gym as I had so much extra energy on keto and enjoy exercising fastedā€¦

(Cocker) #3

Hi! Nice to meet someone from the sunny south coast! :slight_smile:

Is your one meal at the end of the second day? I find that quite tough going too - itā€™s like your body is just getting in to the swing of it then you pull backā€¦always feel much hungrier on a 3rd day morning as a result, whereas typically Iā€™m not a morning-hungry personā€¦though if I eat earlier in the day then itā€™s game over, Iā€™ll be eating for the rest of the dayā€¦

Iā€™m a fan of fasted exercise too! Especially those days when you feel almost super-human! Glad to hear that keto is supporting your gym activitiesā€¦looking forward to it!

(bulkbiker) #4

I have hardly ever had breakfast in the past 18 months except a week when we were on hols and it was included in the hotel priceā€¦ great meaty buffet. I tend not to have any morning hunger pangs just have a couple of mugs of tea and then a coffee with double cream for 11ā€™s (usually 12ā€™s for me).
Yes I have dinner after 47 hours of fasting although have been mixing it up a bit with feasting and fasting for a couple of days each. Iā€™m still trying to loose a few extra pounds (about 20) after loosing 100 so far. Itā€™s certainly getting more difficult to drop the pounds but Iā€™m pretty determined to get there. Keto is for sure the way to go for that.

(eat more) #5

hi :hugging:

check out these threadsā€¦i think they are exactly up your alley :slight_smile:

I LOVE fasted training :blush:

Welcome, and thank you for sharing your experiences. I hope you find this forum helpful.

(Cocker) #7

Thanks so much for the links @mikki ! I love reading about this stuff and other peoples experiences/goals etc!

Fasted training is fantastic :slight_smile: Interestinglyā€¦my kung fu is quite cerebral - doing it while fasted makes things so much easier in that context as well as the physical/flexibility side of thingsā€¦I wouldnā€™t want to do it any other way.

(Cocker) #8

Thanks for the warm welcome! Am beginning to think that this is my kinda place :slight_smile:

(eat more) #9

youā€™re going to have so much fun here
tons of ā€œfunā€ reading!

the jason witrock one is fun for when you decide to eat LOL

(Cocker) #10

Thanks @mikki :slight_smile:

Got to confess that Iā€™m a bit of a geekā€¦donā€™t know what it is about nutritional science but my mouth does actually start to water when I find new things to research :blush:

(eat more) #11

youā€™ve found your tribe LOL

(Cocker) #12

Hahaha - finally! All those years of being the crazy one have borne fruā€¦ahem cheesy bacon :slight_smile:

(anon) #13

Hello and welcome! :blush:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

I wasnā€™t a geek before keto.
Three years ketogenic and total immersion into this community? I am now told I am one.
Lol.
I may even make a graph soon and share it. Heh

(Arlene) #15

Oh noā€¦you wouldnā€™t go that far, would you?

(Ryan Andrew Dixon) #16

Hey guys, I see Sussex is lacking a Keto friendly community so thought I would form a facebook group, come check us out and join the conversation

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1510862789027790/