Hullo From Sunny Brighton, UK

(Cocker) #1

Hey! Found this forum as a result of my interest in fasting.

Have used ADF quite a lot and done a few 7 day fasts, as well as a lot of 2 and 3 day fasts…typically use them for pre-summer diet. Seems to be a bit harder to get in to this time around and wondered if my increased fruit consumption was making the difference…thought keto (on feed days) might help…

…as an aside to all of this I also get quite bad water retention around my belly, seemingly due to carbs…so now wondering if keto wouldn’t just be better for me altogether…

…as an experiment I tried fasting for 3 days and then refeeding on very low carbs - felt great…and then repeating but refeeding normally - got a food hangover and water retention…

Currently on day 3 of a fast…and have resolved not to eat until my body fat is where I want it. I train quite a lot - martial arts and various other things…interested to see how a keto diet interacts with training.

Anyway, I’m rambling…hello! :slight_smile:

(bulkbiker) #2

Hello and welcome from sunny Worthing UK…
I fast fairly often and have been trying a one meal every other day experiment… although not all that successfully to be honest… too many temptations.
I recently joined a gym as I had so much extra energy on keto and enjoy exercising fasted…

(Cocker) #3

Hi! Nice to meet someone from the sunny south coast! :slight_smile:

Is your one meal at the end of the second day? I find that quite tough going too - it’s like your body is just getting in to the swing of it then you pull back…always feel much hungrier on a 3rd day morning as a result, whereas typically I’m not a morning-hungry person…though if I eat earlier in the day then it’s game over, I’ll be eating for the rest of the day…

I’m a fan of fasted exercise too! Especially those days when you feel almost super-human! Glad to hear that keto is supporting your gym activities…looking forward to it!

(bulkbiker) #4

I have hardly ever had breakfast in the past 18 months except a week when we were on hols and it was included in the hotel price… great meaty buffet. I tend not to have any morning hunger pangs just have a couple of mugs of tea and then a coffee with double cream for 11’s (usually 12’s for me).
Yes I have dinner after 47 hours of fasting although have been mixing it up a bit with feasting and fasting for a couple of days each. I’m still trying to loose a few extra pounds (about 20) after loosing 100 so far. It’s certainly getting more difficult to drop the pounds but I’m pretty determined to get there. Keto is for sure the way to go for that.

(eat more) #5

hi :hugging:

check out these threads…i think they are exactly up your alley :slight_smile:

I LOVE fasted training :blush:

Welcome, and thank you for sharing your experiences. I hope you find this forum helpful.

(Cocker) #7

Thanks so much for the links @mikki ! I love reading about this stuff and other peoples experiences/goals etc!

Fasted training is fantastic :slight_smile: Interestingly…my kung fu is quite cerebral - doing it while fasted makes things so much easier in that context as well as the physical/flexibility side of things…I wouldn’t want to do it any other way.

(Cocker) #8

Thanks for the warm welcome! Am beginning to think that this is my kinda place :slight_smile:

(eat more) #9

you’re going to have so much fun here
tons of “fun” reading!

the jason witrock one is fun for when you decide to eat LOL

(Cocker) #10

Thanks @mikki :slight_smile:

Got to confess that I’m a bit of a geek…don’t know what it is about nutritional science but my mouth does actually start to water when I find new things to research :blush:

(eat more) #11

you’ve found your tribe LOL

(Cocker) #12

Hahaha - finally! All those years of being the crazy one have borne fru…ahem cheesy bacon :slight_smile:

(anon) #13

Hello and welcome! :blush:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

I wasn’t a geek before keto.
Three years ketogenic and total immersion into this community? I am now told I am one.
Lol.
I may even make a graph soon and share it. Heh

(Arlene) #15

Oh no…you wouldn’t go that far, would you?

(Ryan Andrew Dixon) #16

Hey guys, I see Sussex is lacking a Keto friendly community so thought I would form a facebook group, come check us out and join the conversation

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1510862789027790/