What did you Keto today?

(Ellie Baum) #8699

I rocked it guys. Pork tenderloin on top of creamed spinach. Roasted radishes in butter and pork juices

Finishing up with some Bryers carbsmart and a cookie dough fat bomb…so good.

Pork tenderloin recipe: https://sweetcsdesigns.com/best-baked-garlic-pork-tenderloin/

Fat bomb cookie dough: https://www.ketoconnect.net/keto-cookie-dough (I accidentally halved the almond flour …and I’ve been making them that way ever since

(What The Fast?!) #8700

Nice! I’m a forager but have only found Agaricus campestris once – so delish!

(Laurie) #8702

My meals today:

1. Bacon and cheese omelet.

2. Salmon patty, celery sticks, mayo.

3. Lemon sour cream pudding, whipped cream. I used a recipe for low-carb lemon sour cream pie, but I didn’t make any crust.

4. Celery, cheese.

The pudding might have put me over my carb count. We’ll see!

I’m debating whether to get a whipped cream dispenser. I could make really good stevia-sweetened (or unsweetened) whipped cream at home, but maybe I’d be better off not feeding my dairy addiction at all.

(Robert Kuhar) #8703

Home made Cheez-it made keto :smile:

(Troy) #8704

Nice, looks awesome
That was my go to snack!!
Seeking out all the vending machines

For future reference :wink:
If I go back to eating or introducing dairy back in…
Mind sharing the Recipe please

(Robert Kuhar) #8705

Just added the recipe Tmdlkwd!

inside out BLT (plus)

Bacon, pepper jack
homemade bacon mayo,
tomato, lettuce, jalapeño, onion, eggs (all home grown)
Pickle

(Ernest) #8707

Have you tried cooking a large batch of bacon in the oven on weekends?

(Ernest) #8708

Last night’s dinner… I haven’t had bacon in a while.

(Doug) #8709

Definitely haven’t lost your touch, Ernest. Man, that bacon…

Yeah, that’s some well behaved bacon there. :slight_smile: I’m guessing it’s thick cut, which is what I love. though the occasional regular isn’t bad, I stick mostly to thick.

I think the regular bacon is probably best when you have to use quite a bit of it to wrap things, such as jalapeno’s or chicken, etc.

(Ernest) #8711

That’s exactly right!! I’m a big fan of Wright’s Brand thick cut bacon. I keep the tin bacon for play.

Ribeye and eggs

I’ve got this problem, that when I cook any bacon, I want to eat it immediately.

It makes storing it for later use kinda difficult. :laughing:

(Brandy) #8714

Me too- I threw a 6 oz piece of fatty ribeye in a skillet and topped it off with mushrooms reduced in dry red wine, heavy cream and butter, then topped THAT off with a butter fried sunny side. I felt like shit this morning. Now I’m fan-fucking-tastic! I’m down with the strong food.

That’s a great feeling, isn’t it?

Well, nothing yet! :slight_smile: But since I’m breaking a 5 day fast in about 2.5 hrs. I will be shortly! … I guess the preview for this would be a spinach based salad, then 30 minutes later a nice piece of Salmon w/ butter, Cauliflower w/ butter, and some Eggplant Parmesan. … And just in case, the wife also made some bacon and sausage links, which if I don’t visit tonight, will be addressed tomorrow for lunch! :smile:

(Brandy) #8717

It really is. I used to think it was the fat and protein parts of a big first meal that made me feel worse- sluggish. As it turns out, not so much.

Well, guess I can remove the cauliflower from the list above. :disappointed_relieved: I was able to get through the piece of Salmon with melted butter, and the Eggplant Parmesan (with some help from the pups) but just couldn’t get to the cauliflower. …So the pups got that as well. :slight_smile: Yep, they’re Keto puppies as well now.

New - fiding it hard to eat fat