What did you Keto today?

(Ashley) #7598

Ah lol, my cousin despises her lol.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7599

I eat the same dinner 6 nights a week. Sunday I have a ribeye.
55g cream cheese. Took a bite before the pic.

30 g Butter (this was Greenfields but I also do kerrygold)

3 servings sambal oelek.

2 sliced Applegate no sugar bacon

112g or 4oz 73/27 ground beef. Mix with bacon.

Add 4 eggs and stir.

I know “variety is the spice of life”, but I’ve found structure is what best suits me. Weigh everything. Track everything. It’s all something I personally love.

Low carb and not losing any weight
(Lonnie Hedley) #7600

I’ve also found draining the fat from meat is a waste of both time and delicious filling fat.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #7601

Love the step by step. Shows how simple it all is.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7602

I’ve been told tracking and weighing is too hard. What are you doing when the bacon cooks? I’m measuring cream cheese, butter, and this evening sambal. I also have time to eat the cream cheese while the bacon is cooking. Since I eat almost the same thing, it’s easy to add to MFP. Only adjustments are a gram here and there. I know this isn’t for everybody, but to me this couldn’t be any more simple.

Even when I ate vegetables, it was easy to weigh and track while protein cooked (to me anyway).

(Sophie) #7603

We had Enchiladas using the recipe that @caratah posted…and they were Beyond Awesome. You guys have to try this! :+1:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #7604

I weigh and track everything too. Bar codes make it super easy.

The only thing I hate is when I have to look up a conversion because the options don’t offer the unit of measurement I’m using.

(Randy B) #7605

That red stuff looks like it has carbs

(Lonnie Hedley) #7606

You look cute!!! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Welcome to the forum buddy. Great place for support, information, recipes, etc.

:joy: looks great!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #7608

Same ole boring KETO

(matt ) #7609

My wife made a delicious butter chicken.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #7610

My non-keto husband has declared it Tasty Keto Tuesday!

Smoked pork tenderloin on a bed of sautéed spinach, covered with a poached egg and triple creme french cheese, butter and a side of roasted Brussels sprouts.

Yup, he loved me:heart_eyes:

(Karen) #7611

Variety!

(Steve) #7612

A few links of hot Italian sausage and steamed cauliflower in 4-cheese sauce (cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey jack and parmesan, with a little butter and HWC) :slight_smile:

(Lonnie Hedley) #7613

JACKPOT!!!

We had a retirement party at work. Cake, Mac and cheese, rolls. I went straight for the butter. :grin:

(Ashley) #7614

Dang you and your free butter!!!

(Ashley) #7615

How does your cheese look so saucy if you don’t mind me asking? Mine never looks that nice lol, certain type store bought?

(Steve) #7616

Well, you need to make it a little more liquid with the butter and hwc. I also keep it on a low heat (you don’t want the cheese separating into globs of fat and oil. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’m always paranoid about too much burning on the bottom of the pan (well, I scrape that off later, as a treat) :slight_smile: …so, I keep an eye on it and stir often. (added bonus when making cheese sauce - every time you stir, you get to lick the spoon!!) :smiley:
The HWC (about 3T) went into the saucepan first, then about 30g each of the block cheeses, sliced thin (too lazy to get out the grater), then about 2T of grated parmesan and about 2T of butter (I eyeballed this - didn’t actually touch the scale or the measuring spoon) - with the exception of the cauliflower and the parmesan cheese, nothing else had any carbs (or negligible amounts).

(Lonnie Hedley) #7617

I got several comments.

I was also told “the leftover food looks like a vegetarians delight”. Meaning Mac and cheese. Told her I only eat meat products, and only about 5 items total. Beef, bacon, eggs, cream cheese, and butter. And that I’m about to eliminate cream cheese. :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: