Enchiladas!

(Cara) #1

This person has great ideas. I tried this and magic… struggled finding sized deli chicken here in Perth so my enchiladas were smaller but kept their shape and the texture after baking was like a crisp of something carby. She has a recipe making lasagna with chicken loaf as the pasta layer replacement. I think that would work well too.

What did you Keto today?
(Sophie) #2

I’ve been at this (lo-carb, then keto) for a long time and thought I’d seen everything, but using sliced chicken lunch meat for a tortilla is a novel idea. I may put this one on my short list to try. Thanks for posting!

(Cara) #3

Yeah it’s totally never something I would have thought of either. Plus deli chicken reminds me of cheap sandwich fillings as a kid so never a go to food usually. Hope you enjoy it as I found it easy. Plus my non-keto partner loved it so that’s a win :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #4

Yeah, I was going to edit to add that my non-keto hubby would probably really enjoy these. I have some jarred sauce in the pantry that I need to use, so I may just give these a whirl tonight! :smile: I’m lucky that I can test things on him. At least he’s open to that and he really loves the Diet Doctor Keto bunz so there’s hope for him yet! :laughing:

(Sophie) #5

Holy Guacamole!!! This turned out Amazing! I’m shocked that I’m actually impressed. I had hopes but reservations too, since I’m fairly jaded about lo-carb eats. But honestly, the chicken takes on the flavor of the dish and the consistency is so close flour tortillas that it’s not even detectable. Hubby was impressed too, so it’s a mega win here. Thanks so much for posting this, I’m just pissed that I didn’t think of it myself! D’uh! :laughing:

(Cara) #6

Woohoo your dinner looks amazing. Glad it was a success :smiley:

(Anita Weaver Willy) #7

Fantastic idea. I will give these a try next Tuesday.

(Jane Reed) #8

I tried this yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the taste and texture. The enchilada sauce is the dominant flavor. The chicken’s flavor is almost impossible to detect and its texture, as the poster above mentioned, borders on that of a flour tortilla.

I consider this a win and I’ll be making it again when I want Mexican-style food.

(Cara) #9

I’m so glad you found it great too. I was surprised how well it turned out too :slight_smile: