What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2298

Roasted chicken thighs, veg stirfry w/ pork belly, and loaded cauli salad.

(Jane) #2299

Beans have a lot of fiber if you are only counting net carbs. And you could cut way back on how many you put in so you get the texture and flavor of them w/o overdoing it on the carbs.

(Diane) #2300

Here’s a chili recipe using black soy beans (if you’re okay with soy) that many people here have liked. I haven’t tried it yet.

Here is Butter Bob’s Chili- no beans. This is really good. This is a huge batch, I’ve never made more than half.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #2301

This is a very simple and basic recipe that I’ve had on average once per month. It’s very very good. I’ll have to try butter Bob’s!

(Sophie) #2302

This is the only Fast Food that I do. Love an Unwich :heart_eyes:

@Janie @DiMo @Brenda … Thank you kindly ladies! :slight_smile: … Will definitely be checking into these. We have always done Chilly mostly in the colder weather months, but do enjoy it year around. And I know it’s been brought up quite a few times when discussing meals, so this would be nice to have on hand. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Jane. Yes, we pretty much do net-carbs, but ya know, I don’t think I’ve ever checked the carb count on them anyway? So don’t really know just how bad they are as far as carbs. But will be checking the next time we go to the store though. :slight_smile: … Actually, Chili is one of the only things I used to eat, where I used Saltine Crackers too! … I loved to butter up the crackers and pile the Chili on them.

Thanks again

(Jane) #2304

I’ve made some decent flax seed crackers if you are looking for a keto substitute. I’ll look up the recipe when I get home and post.

(Jane) #2305

Ordered the meat lover skillet w/o the hash browns or toast on the side at a local diner. Bacon, ham, sausage and cheese under those fried eggs. Yum.

Yum! I was surprised at my last diner visit when I turned down the hash browns and toast (or pancakes), and asked, expecting a hard no, “Do you think I could have a bit of extra bacon on the side to make up for no bread or potatoes?”

“Sure!”

I had 6 extra pieces of bacon on the side, no extra charge!

Thanks! That would be great indeed. :slight_smile:

Having one of those rare work lunches, but just some simple Lunch Meats. - Pepperoni, Sharp Cheese, Italian cooked Salami, Italian Hard Salami, Cooked Ham, Shaved Roast Beef, with Eggs & Pickles.

(Allie) #2309

I had halloumi, sausages, eggs and mayo for breakfast but forgot to take a pic :joy:

I was planning on just doing OMAD today (lunch) but woke up with my body telling me otherwise. I was ravenous at work in the morning so I went to the cafeteria downstairs and ended up with 6 pieces of bacon, scrambled eggs, higher fat cottage cheese, butter, chicken sausages and a bit of cheese. I had a coffee with heavy cream as well. After a busy morning I was still far hungrier than usual around lunchtime, so I headed downstairs again and made up a “salad”.

I promise below the beautiful thick slices of steak you can see smothered in blue cheese dressing that there were also some elements you might collectively call salad (spinach, cauliflower, egg, blue cheese). There were also two pieces of salmon. To this I added a large iced coffee (careful at Starbucks, they add syrup to this by default, which I removed in my order) and some prosciutto.

A higher protein day than usual but I was feeling it, and suspect this will keep me good now through until tomorrow at least.

“Salad”

I bet it will! :smile: My kind of meal… :wink:

(Allie) #2312

My OMAD plans didn’t work yesterday either as I was hungry again by lunchtime and had some Greek yogurt from the local supermarket, then hungry again in the evening so used up sweet potato fries that were in the freezer - feel good today and slept well last night, actually woke up almost an hour before my 515am alarm.

Today has been a successful OMAD as it’s now bed time.

Nice! I’d love to find some decent low carb yogurt here in the States, I’m sure back home in the UK is much better for that. Everything here is ridiculous and low fat/high carb (even the natural/Greek stuff).

(Brennan) #2314

Breaking my fast with a bone broth coconut milk latte :drooling_face:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #2315

My first fat head pizza. :yum:

Tonight’s Dinner… Piece of London Broil from last night, 2 Bratwursts, Bacon, Cauliflower/Egg Salad, Fried Radishes, Deviled Eggs, Sharp Cheese and some Pickles. … Someone (I won’t mention any names!) forgot my Sauerkraut! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: … But I also was given a Salad (which was supposed to be small) but was no where near that! - But I put it in the fridge for tomorrow, and instead ate 3 Brazil Nuts and 1 Square of 90% Chocolate. :slight_smile:

The Salad I didn’t eat and saved for tomorrow…

Yes, this bowl is as wide as the plate. So no, it’s not small! :slight_smile:

(Diane) #2317

You might try Trader Joe’s non-fat, plain Greek yogurt. It has the most protein with the fewest carbs. I then add heavy cream to increase the fat and improve the palatability!