What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Thanks Diane. The protein looks good but it has 6g of sugar – I actively avoid sugar whenever possible (including sweeteners). I gave up finding anything that looked like a great yogurt and matched my fussiness a while ago. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #2319

“Salad” is the best kind of salad, for sure.

I get this one from Food Lion. … Shows 5g carbs for 3/4 cup, but I usually do between 1/4 to 1/2, so it’s not too bad, and taste pretty good.

(Diane) #2321

I understand. Just be aware these are not added sugars, these are the sugars which naturally occur in dairy products (like lactose). It is likely that this measurement is an overestimation that is affected by the fact the bacteria are using the sugars for fuel while the yogurt is cultured.

I do have plans (someday) to attempt my own home-grown yogurt using heavy cream.

(Mike W.) #2322

Brinner.

“Baby food”. I love that she just eats what we eat, even at 8 months old.

(Running from stupidity) #2323

Looks more like Blunch.

(Jane) #2324

If you have a sous vide you can make your own. Just need to buy one small carton of plain to use as a starter and some half pint mason jars. You can make it from whole milk or cream. Save one jar to start the next batch.

(Jane) #2325

When I get home I will post the recipe for sous vide yogurt in the sous vide section.

(Troy) #2326

Many hours in the iron chef kitchen
Just the last food portion on my OMAD, for today

3 course prep
Pork rinds, cinnamon and butter.
I’m exhausted😩

Thanks! I’ll investigate more!

Flax Muffin with Liverwurst, Feta Stuffed Olives, Almonds & Brie :yum:

(Karen) #2329

Hungry

Not sure why my mini pepperonis curled.

(Mike Hensley) #2330

Newbie here. Ate this a couple weeks ago, and every time I show my friends that this is what I can eat, their jaws drop.

Gotta love fathead pizza :slight_smile:

#BoringKeto … pffft … riiiiiiiiight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Running from stupidity) #2331

House-made cabbage-leaf lasagna with extra butter balances a plate holding two sous-vide eggs and lashings of market-sourced bacon.

(Carol D) #2332

GodwinGoGo - Keep your rusty cast iron pan and do some internet research, it should be pretty easy to rescue actually! I’ve tried putting cast iron in my oven and running an oven cleaning cycle when the pan was bad… one time with a “dry” pan it was great, another time with my DIL’s two pans that had food residue in them, it smoked out half the house! LOL We didn’t finish the cycle, but it did rehab the pans and the next time I ran the oven cycle, all was well.

Once you get the pans clean, work a lot of grease into them and heat them slowly at low heat for a long time to set the seasoning in. Then just don’t over wash them - wipe them out well, or rub them down with salt, and oil before you put them up (I like to wipe them down with bacon grease). If you’ve cooked something “wet” (with a sauce or something like that), you might let them sit for just a minute with hot water and a touch of soap, then a quick scrub, dry them thoroughly and grease them before you put them away again.

The main thing is to keep them dry and oiled/greased between use and they should be ok.

(Allie) #2333

@Gaff would making your own be an option? I’m looking into it at the moment and it seems quite simple.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2334

My fave lunch right here!!! Love a keto picnic!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2335

I wonder if you could find low carb yogurt in ethnic markets? Maybe find the middle eastern part of town.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2336

Not feeling well today so I was in need of a chocolate raspberry fat bomb! No sweetener in this…the raspberry was all the sweetness I needed.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #2337

Mind sharing the recipe? :heart_eyes: