CHILI KETO STYLE by Kevin, NativeKetoMan

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

EDITED: We make ours lower carb now by eliminating the tomato paste and adding only two cans of crushed tomatoes.

2 pounds ground beef, browned not drained tho
1 whole diced yellow onion, cook till tender with the beef
Optional: one diced green bell pepper
2 (15 oz) cans black soy beans
2 (15 oz) cans crushed or diced tomatoes with their juice(try fire roasted!)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup chili powder (the chili only kind, no salt added)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
Add salt to taste.
Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup water if needed to thin.

Serve with shredded cheddar cheese!
I stir a few tablespoons butter into mine. Heh

!

What did you Keto today? Part Deux!
Are there some people who are just not cut out for this?
2019 Super Bowl strategies
(VLC.MD) #2

Available at Walmart

Soy beans???
Is there something special about these that I’m missing?
Not to be argumentative, but really curious now.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4

@Brenda How many carbs does it work out to per serving? I can’t really see that part of the label on the beans…

(Darlene Horsley) #5

8 carbs- 7 fiber = 1 net

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #6

They basically taste like any other canned bean but soy beans are MUCH A higher in fiber.

Good to know. Thanks!
I converted your waffle recipe to make a wrap recently. Worked pretty darn well.

(Dawn) #8

Wait a minute!! Black soy beans? Are they different from regular black beans? Beans are my favorite food on earth. Please tell me that there is a way to squeeze them into keto?

(Dawn) #9

I just found them on Amazon. Is it normal for them to cost $6.50 a can? Is that a good price?

(John B) #10

I’ve used the Black Soy Beans in chili a few times now, and they work out great! I have a hard time finding them in most of the grocery stores I frequent, but most health food stores have them. My store sells them for about $2.50 a can, so Amazon’s $6.50 seems a bit steep.

(OM) #11

I though soy beans are a no no in a keto diet (or any diet for that matter) because of their estrogenic effect…

(Darlene Horsley) #12

Sounds pretty high priced to me. I just found them at a local grocery store for $2.26 per can.

(Athena) #13

It’s $2.39 per can at netrition.com but then you have to pay for shipping. Maybe worth it if you buy other things, too?

(Sophie) #14

You can buy them direct from the MFG’s website also.

Looks great, will try at home. I something to soak up all that hot sauce I just made.

(Darlene Horsley) #16

This was delicious!!! Btw, I am a chili snob and I loved it!

(Karen) #17

My first thought too.

(Jane Reed) #18

I find black soy beans at Whole Foods Market, for about $2.00 per can or perhaps a bit less. I make chili about twice a year so that’s the only time I eat anything soy. I grew up on chili made with beans and that’s the only way I care to eat it.

(Stacey) #19

I made this chili without the beans. I used 1 lb grass-fed beef and 1 lb bison chorizo from US Wellness meats. Topped with chipotle cheddar and sour cream, it it wonderful!

(Sophie) #20

I use a pound of chorizo and a pound of beef also. I always get a package of mild and spicy then split them up and freeze. That way it’s not hot enough to make your eyeballs bleed. :slightly_smiling_face: