Sept. 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

conversationstarters
fasting

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #247

The mental clarity will help with the relaxing and putting things in perspective :wink: trust me, I am a different person from who I was a year ago :wink:

Stay patient, be compassionate with yourself and things fall into place eventually…

(Adriana) #248

I’m doing my first extended fast, going on 20.5 hours rigth now, lets see how far can I go :blush:

Such a great thread!!

Thanks to everyone who offers their encouragement and experience!

(MelissaH) #250

Me too!! I’m a private duty nurse for an Alzheimer patient and she tries to feed me every 5 minutes🤣 I’m really trying here! Let us know how your doing!

(MelissaH) #251

Would you recommend fasting on a weekly basis for a newbie? Maybe increasing the duration slowly if I’m comfortable doing so.

Yes ma’am, seems you just ‘buzz’ right through those projects when it does happen. :smile: … Last week while fasting, I cut my grass for 2-3 hours, then grabbed the weed-eater to hit a few spots along the fence before going it the house. - But I ended up going around and trimming the entire fence-line (both sides), the whole front yard, sides, etc. And was actually doing this for over an additional hour!

But I’ve heard other mentions they don’t always get that feeling? I would have to say I get it probably 90/95% of the time? I can only recall once or twice where I don’t remember if I did?

Also good to see some new faces in the fasting thread. :slight_smile:

@Monurse Yes, getting in some salt definitely helps. And I am also one of those folks who does Brenda’s Keto-Aide, which can be found in the link below, if you’re interested. I usually do one in the morning and one in the evening while fasting. … I also do one each morning, everyday.

(Adriana) #253

Oh that is hard! I’m at my office and people here know already to not offer me any food.

Good at the moment! The hard part for me is when I get home after work, doing “nothing” makes me eat, so I plan to visit a coffee shop that has game nights to keep me entertained.

(Carpe salata!) #254

POP. I love it. :slight_smile:

That will go well with DNW - my mantra if I see carbs. Do Not Want.

(MelissaH) #255

I really hope I get that much energy! I have 3 toddlers so it would be nice!

(MelissaH) #256

I’m going to try to keep myself busy when I get home. Maybe have a BPC to hold me over

(Thomas Louis Mueller) #257

Beginning my first extended fast, 84hrs. I have been on Keto for 6 months and have been IF 18/6 for a while. Look forward to the results.

(Adriana) #258

At the 24 hour mark and taking some coffee with HWC and salt because I was feeling kind of tired, this is officially the longest I have fasted :smile:

(MelissaH) #259

Good job! Having my coffee now and just finished my electrolyte drink. I also sucked on salt on the way home. My head was starting to hurt(from fasting or toddlers?) Tonight at 730 will be 24 hours. I was thinking about a cup of broth tonight(heard it helps with sleep) but not sure about that yet

(Running from stupidity) #260

I think I’ll call it today, maybe mid-afternoon. Have something then, and have dinner later on. That will be 90+ hours and will do, I think.

(MelissaH) #261

Will autophogy still occur with BPC, or some fat during your fast? Maybe I’ll work up eliminating it once I’ve fasted a few times

(Running from stupidity) #262

Or, you know, maybe mid morning :slight_smile:

85 hours in. Didn’t feel super this morning, but attributed that to WAY too much gaming yesterday. Walked 8km to markets and back, feeling progressively worse as I did so - lightheaded and getting more so, legs really weak, really sharp pain in my left shoulder (carrying backpack with 2.5KG pack of bacon and 1kg salami, along with the usual camera, waterbottle, hats, etc.).

So I think I’ll eat a little of that bacon now, and then some bacon and eggs for lunch, and the rump steak that’s been in the sousvide for 36 hours for dinner.

Bottom line - as everyone says, the first 48 hours is the hardest. However, I’m taking the way I’m feeling as a signal from my body to stop. It’s been a good EF, but all good things must come to an end.

(Adriana) #263

I’m breaking my fast at 28 hours, I feel fine and probably could go longer, but I’ll try another day :blush:

(Adriana) #264

85 hours! I hope to get there some day :+1:t3:

(Running from stupidity) #265

It’s just a thing, IMHO. It’s where I got to. I wanted to get over 100 hours (reason - I’m an idiot) but here I am, being sensible :slight_smile:

48 hrs. in presently, and all is well. I’m hoping to run through the rest of the week with this one.