Seem to be stuck

(MelissaH) #7

If you upped your carbs your body may also be holding on to more water.

(Running from stupidity) #9

+1. Those calories look pretty low, although not knowing age, weight, etc means I could be wrong. Yet again.

Weight
Activity
Height

(Janet Smith) #11

Female
Light activity
5 5

(Wendy) #12

Your pretty close to goal weight. It generally slows down then. My last 10 pounds of a 60+ pounds loss has taken over 2 months.
Inpatience is our enemy. Changing things up is a good idea and so is not giving up. Your body just gave up 40 lbs it’s going to want to make sure your not starving to death.
Have a feast day or two. Adding a little more fat has helped me. Fasting afterwards had too.
You got this!

(Ken) #13

After several months your body is used to burning fat efficiently. You now can reduce your fat macro so you burn more body fat. Reduce fat to 60 percent, up protein to 35 percent. Your fat grams should now be one half of your protein grams. Eat that macro to satiety, and make sure you’re hungry when you eat.

(Wendy) #14

I don’t think that is universally true. Now I’m not really one who does fat bombs or drinks fat coffee, but I do see when I personally cut my fat down, I stop losing weight. I am at goal weight but still have some subcutaneous fat that can be burned. It’s slower going but is still getting to be less.

(Wendy) #15

Sorry this was in response to Ken specificity to the protein/ fat ratio.:blush:

(Ken) #16

If you’re at Goal Weight, you’re not really trying to lose additional fat. My post was specifically for people who have stalled. A higher fat macro is fine for those in Maintenance.

(Janet Smith) #17

So changing it , this is what it looks like… does that look right?

(Ken) #19

No Data.

They’re probably in a different time zone!

Are those number what you did throughout the three months? I’m just asking for myself because I’d like to lose 40 pounds in three months!

(John) #23

Your body tends to regulate its basal metabolism up or down in relation to how much you eat. Part of that is that the digestive process itself uses energy, so if you are eating more, your digestive system has to work more, thereby burning up more calories.

That is one reason that significant calorie restricted diets are bad over the longer term - if your base metabolic rate ratchets down and stays down, then you get to where you can maintain a stable weight at say 1800 calories, when your BMR calculator says it should be 2000.

It is much harder to ratchet that back up without gaining a fair amount - you’d have to eat 2000 a day for a while to get it to recover, all the while gaining weight. So it is best to try to avoid it from declining significantly in the first place.

Apparently occasional fasts do not not reset the base level, compared to constant low levels of calories. In other words, if you alternated between 2600 calorie days and 0 calorie days, your BMR would not decrease as much as if you did 1300 calorie days every single day.

Ok, Chrono is saying that I’m burning 2324 calories a day and that I should only eat 1326 a day to lose weight. Which I haven’t been doing I’m averaging around 2000. If I’m understanding what you are saying is I’m better off to eat 2400 and fast for 48 hrs instead of dropping my calories for the day. I’m doing omad if that matters. But if I skip a day do I need to worry about going over my calories a day? While fasting, also, I’m guessing the longer you can go the more fat adapted you are, is that right

Topic Controls

Watching

You will receive notifications because you created this topic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Suggested Topics

Nicotine aids lipolysis. What to do when you quit nicotine?

14 19

health

3h

Resources
Been on Keto for over a month now. Why am I still so stinking tired?

13h

Newbies
ZC What did you eat today?

14h

Zero Carb / Carnivore
Formally introducing myself to the forum (400+ lbs starting weight)

52 4

3d

Newbies
I really want to get drunk

42 2

3d

Newbies

There are 17 unread and 69 new topics remaining, or view latest topics

So you were 188, and you lost 40lb in 3 months.
Holy cow! You have done very well, and should be pleased with yourself, despite not losing for the last 6 weeks or so.

It sounds like you are tracking your macros well, so changing them up a bit, should be quite straight forward for you. Try dropping your fat to somewhere near your protein. You might want to do it in steps, over a couple of weeks, so you don’t get too hungry. At the same time, it wouldn’t hurt to drop your carbs to 15 or 16 for a while, and see what happens.

This will mean that your carbs are around 16 and your fat & protein are roughly the same (fat maybe a few % higher). You should see some changes. I wouldn’t adjust your calories too much for now, unless you feel you can quite easily. It’s difficult to eat much less that 1100 - 1200 a day on a regular basis.

To make these changes, you can try changing some of the meats you eat, to a less fatty cut (oh my God, that’s going to open a can of worms on this forum!). You may find, that’s all you need to do. Or, if you eat fat bombs or lots of cream, just tone it down a bit.

I wish you well.

(Mark Rhodes) #27

But it doesn’t keep getting better and better and will still give itself over to glucose first. Then afterward will shift back into burning fats easily.

Better discussion of fat adaptation can be found here: How do you 'feel' fat adapted?

(Candy Lind) #28

It will pull from your fat cells only for a time, then sets up The Berlin Wall to save you from starvation. Insulin Resistance is the culprit. It blocks your fat cells from releasing energy, it requires you to eat more and more, it completely whacks your hormones & metabolism. You have to eat enough to overcome IR and get to the captive fat cells. It’s a constant readjustment act to keep your body guessing about what you’re going to have for available fuel.

If you’re still having carb cravings, look up some recipes early and make sure you have plenty of choices available that are keto friendly. I may (no, I DO) over-eat on special occasions these days, but it’s always on keto foods. There were SEVEN desserts on the dessert bar last Christmas (I had keto cookie dough). There were two non-keto pies at a big family birthday BBQ last Sunday (I stuck to brisket, turkey, & guacamole). The list goes on. I’ve never been tempted beyond my ability to abstain. It’s really nice to have control over my pie-hole again.

(Candy Lind) #29

I agree with what was said about your being so close to goal weight. If you’re stressing about a number, ask yourself - “How do I feel?” “How do I look?” (BE OBJECTIVE!) Could it be that your body is happy & content where you are?

If you’re really concerned about more subcutaneous body fat, it might be that EF will be your answer. Many people here on this forum use EF for the last few pounds, and then to maintain, and they KCKO in between.

(Wendy) #30

True but I am just, and I was sharing my experience for these last 10-20 pounds.
I am hoping to get leaner I just don’t care about the scale number anymore.