October ZornFast 2019

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

October ZornFast.
Thursday, October 17th through Sunday October 20th.
Did you know the history of this particular monthly fast? It has been running since before this forum was created. Matter of fact, it is in it’s 4th year!! It developed organically which sometimes is the best way. I now run several fasts for IDM in their website membership community monthly as well. This is the 21st month I have run a group fast for them. IDM is Dr. Jason Fung and Megan Ramos’ program. You can find them at IDMprogram.com

Here we go, guys! Time for our monthly fast :slight_smile: Join me!
We of the forum will be here to support you and answer your questions. Let us know what type of fast you have decided to do with us. Are you practicing TRE? Time Restricted Eating? 16/8? 18/6? Excellent. Are you learning intermittent fasting? Every other day? Extended days? Multi-day? All 4 days? Fantastic. The choice is yours.
The ZornFast is always the third Thursday of every month through the following Sunday. You may choose any type or length of fast you wish, or simply practice meal timing and use the support here to learn.
Everyone is welcome.
I started practicing monthly fasts February of 2016 and I still gain great benefit.
Join if you’d like, on whichever days you choose, we’ll support each other here.
I always do a water fast. (water/ black coffee
and black & green tea). The definition of a fast is open to your interpretation and needs. Some will need to do a fat fast. There are benefits to that type of fast as well.

I fast to target visceral (organ) fat and to promote autophagy, fasting also releases HGH for muscle growth. I follow Dr. Jason Fung. Matter of fact, his book “The Obesity Code ” is what started my venture into fasting over three years ago. Now I work as an educator for IDM, Dr. Jason Fung and Megan Ramos’ program!!
Because of the ketogenic diet I am no longer diabetic. Fasting managed to further improve my health dramatically since I have included it in my health regime. It has increased my insulin sensitivity.

Oh hey guys, try not to talk about food on this thread. I know it is tempting to discuss the foods you plan to break your fast with, but it can actually cause hunger in those reading your post (including me!) Thank you.

You may want to include this drink during your fast (or some version of it). I drink 2 bottles a day while fasting.

KetoAide homemade recipes, Recipes, RECIPES

#KetoAide calorie free electrolyte water [20190624_112819] [20190624_115213] 24 oz filtered water(or tap water) 1/8 teaspoon Maldon sea salt flakes (ANY type of salt will work in this recipe because the goal here is to add SODIUM, which ALL salt has) Some salts taste better than others, and some, such as Himalayan pink, Celtic gray or Real Salt, contain trace minerals as well 1/2 Tablespoon magnesium citrate Mix well. Refrigerate for best taste. Magnesium citrate is sold at most drug st…

Messages and comments from me (Brenda, your fearless leader) and other members will be posted below!

Carnivore symptoms
(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #2

Check this out:
Dr. Nadir Ali, a well known cardiologist in our Low Carb Community, is hosting Low Carb Houston for it’s second year. When he met me at KetoFest in July, he asked me if I would be willing to fast a group of his patients during the conference.

I’ll be a bit busy this week preparing :slight_smile: .
https://uhcl.edu/low-carb-houston/

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Maybe @collaroygal and @Momof5 will pick up the slack for me this month on this fast. I’ll be lucky if I can stop back at all!

(Susan) #4

Okay, Brenda =). Have a great time with the Low Carb Houston event! I hope that it is a major success =).

I have to do the group fast early this month due to scheduled Grandpa-ing this weekend.

I’m about 31 hours in and doing well.

I’m attempting a “Clean” Fast this time around, so I’m keeping my Keto Aid stockpiled in the fridge, salt handy, and fingers crossed. These are a bit more difficult for me, than when I add cream to the tune of about 200 kcals per day.

(Candace) #7

IF 16/8 - looking forward to it!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

Thank you!

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Girl, you know we have your back!

I’m so excited for you. I admire Dr. Ali’s work, so happy you will get to work with him.

I love Dr. Ali too! He was a fairly recent discovery for me.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #11

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi all. I think I might join you this time round. Have been thinking of doing this once a month for a while. Have done a couple of 36/40 fasting and could possibly do 48. Is that ok? Am doing it mainly for autophagy.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

Absolutely ok. You do you in the monthly fast. I often do 36-40 hrs. of fasting, do a refeed day and do another 36-40 hrs. for this monthly fast.

Glad you decided to join in.

October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)
(Susan) #14

It will be great to have you join the group, Amanda =). I totally agree with @collaroygal -you do whatever works for you =). Fasting is a totally voluntary thing, and everyone has to do what works for their own bodies =).

(Marc SW129.4 SD07/19) #15

Hey all this will be my second attempt at a 3 day fast I’ve been going great on IF this month easily getting 16:8 most days with a few 18:6 days and two 21:3 days. I’ve just started a 16:8 and should be finished after 1pm where I have a 4h window to feast before starting the fasting!

I had a WONDERFUL Fast 48 with loads of energy and optimism for life. So far, my break-fast has been good too!

I do these often, but often I add some fats…to the tune of about 200 or less calories.

:yum:

(Susan) #17

I am so happy for you that you have been doing so well with your Keto journey so far since you joined the forum, Marc, this is terrific =). Keep up the great work.

(Susan) #18

Congrats on completing your 48 hour Fast =).

(Susan) #19

I am going to do a 48 hour fast from tonight at 4:30 until Friday at 4:30 and then have supper at that time on Fridaythen I will continue Fasting Friday 5:00 pm until Sunday at 5:00 pm.

I find it too difficult to go grocery shopping on Friday night’s with my 3 year old grand daughter, lugging her in and out of carts and stuff if I don’t eat a supper first so I need to do a break in the fast. . So I will be doing 2 -48 hour Fasts with one meal in between the two. I know that sometimes others have done something similar, and I feel that we all have to do what will work for our own bodies so this is my plan this time =).

I wish everyone a great fasting experience =).

(KCKO, KCFO) #20

Marc, just make sure your electrolytes are good and it sounds like you’ll do fine.

I start my fasting after dinner tonight, hope to go til Friday night or even Sat. morning. I’m in maintenance mode, so not as much self fat to digest as when I had a lot of extra weight.

Anyone else starting tonight or already into their fasting?

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

Susan, I often follow that pattern, I’m sure you can do it.

KCFO