Carnivore symptoms

(Dee Eichler) #1

Started carnivore diet last week and boy I feel awful. I never had the keto flu but i hope this is normal. Heart palpitations, ache joints, nausea, diarrhea has passed and BRAIN FOG. help, will this pass ??

(Bob M) #2

Started carnivore from what point? Keto to carnivore? If so, how long had you been keto?

(Mark Don) #3

Sounds like you might be a little dehydrated…

(Dee Eichler) #4

Was in keto forn6 months. Off for 2. Tried several times to restart but couldn’t do it. I decided to do carnivore a week ago just to limit my choices.

(Joey) #5

As @Mark76 says above, if you’ve been eating SAD doses of carbs for 2 months and cut them out (whether you’re eating carnivore or some keto-variation), and feel generally crummy, then you’re likely dehydrated and lacking electrolytes. But that digestive stuff (nausea, diarrhea) sounds more like a food aversion.

Can you elaborate on exactly what you are eating?

(Dee Eichler) #6

Beef, pork eggs bacon, that’s about it.

(Edith) #7

Maybe too much protein and not enough fat.

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Make some keto aid, this month’s Zornfast has the revised version, it is in the first post over there. And keep drinking lots of water as well.

(Dee Eichler) #9

Why would that be a problem

(mole person) #10

I get achy joints, stomach aches, poor sleep, skin issues and brain fog from too much protein. My husband gets bowel issues. We both get nausea from too much rendered fats. Try eating very fatty cuts of meat and don’t allow the fat to render out.

Too much protein can, in many, prevent decent levels of ketosis. Have you measured to see if you are in ketosis?