October ZornFast 2019

(KCKO, KCFO) #22

Stan, you’re back in a good fasting groove again. Yea, YOU.

Planning to go from evening 16th to evening Friday the 18th

(Susan) #24

That is great, best wishes for your goal =).

(Susan) #25

Thank you @collaroygal --hoping I will see the scale down a bit by Monday =). I know… it is not just about the scale, but still… haha.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #26

You’re so polite to blur even the mention of a meal but really I only mean to blur actual food words. You don’t have to go through the trouble of blurring talking about when you’re going to have a meal. It is okay, really :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #27

Hey guys, I want to share a new fasting protocol with you. Named after one of my IDM clients with his permission. It’s called, The Clark Protocol. It goes like this:
Feast 2 days
Fast 2 days
Feast two days
Fast 3 days
Feast 2 days
Fast 4 days
Feast 2 days
Fast 5 days.

End fast.

On the feast days you eat two meals each day.

This is an excellent protocol to strengthen your fasting muscle and does not seem so ominous to newer fasters wanting to do more extended fasts. This entire protocol last 22 days, over three weeks! I plan to follow it after the low carb Houston conference and I already have some of my other clients committing to the protocol.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #28

My Houston conference fasting project is mentioned at 1:14
http://lowcarbmd.com/episode-61-dr-nadir-ali-interventional-cardiologist-brings-it

(Becky) #29

Deleted by author

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #30

Thank you for the compliment! Welcome back. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry but you haven’t read a lot or seen a lot about dry fasting because I don’t only discourage it, I am very much not in support of it.
Dehydration and electrolyte imbalances can be dangerous. For safety reasons I’m afraid any discussion of dry fasting in this fasting thread will have to be removed.

On a more positive note, I’m glad you’re back on keto and might I suggest regular fasting with hydration and sodium supplementation? We would be happy to help you with that.

(Susan) #31

Oh, okay, Brenda =). In regards to the blur things, I was just wanting to make sure I wasn’t triggering any hunger with anyone; but I will remember it is just food itself that has to be blurred from now on =).

(57 yo female started keto Jul '19) #32

Thanks for sharing The Clark Protocol. I am considering to try it. To help myself to envision what is happening, I created a semi-graphical representation (blue=fasting).

clark_protocol

(Becky) #33

Ahhh, ok! Glad I asked! Regular water fast it is! Thanks for your quick reply!

Started my fast last night. Planning to go till tomorrow lunchtime/dinnertime. Obviously all good now as it’s only morning and I don’t normally eat then anyway. I also don’t have any weight to lose so not doing it for that.

Hello all and Good Luck on your fasts! This is my first time joining a Zornfast and third time doing an ~ 72 hr fast starting Thursday after dinner and then breaking Sunday at dinner. I’m fasting to break a month long weight loss plateau and to try and disrupt my urges to graze after 8pm. Planning on primarily doing a water fast but I have a question; Is drinking Bone Broth the same as a water fast? What are the pros/cons of adding or skipping the broth? Thanks for your support. Also thanks for the link for the KetoAide.

(Susan) #36

Best wishes on your fasting goals @Amanda1 and Welcome to your first Zornfast @Mekkins! Some people add the bone broth; and others prefer to stick to water/plain tea/coffee/electrolytes. It is not exactly the same as a strict water only Fast, but if it helps you, I think it is okay? I have never done it myself and I don’t know the science behind adding it or not. Hopefully someone else will answer that for you =).

(KCKO, KCFO) #37

Welcome Mekkins, For breaking a plateau, bone broth while fasting can be very helpful. Some use it during all their fasting periods. If autophagy is your goal, it has protein and would halt that process. But for just weight loss, it shouldn’t be a problem at all.

72 hr. fasts are great, I’ve done a lot of them in the past. The ketoAide does help for longer fasting.

Enjoy the experience of group fasting. Zornfasting is what helped me reach my goal weight and stay there.

KCFO

(KCKO, KCFO) #38

The KetoAide posted at the top of this thread can really help with the electrolytes and hydration. It has got enme through many fasts without any issues. I like to make it with sparkling water even when not fasting. Give it a try.

Thank you @Momof5.

Thanks for the info and support @collaroygal!

(KCKO, KCFO) #41

Well, I got super stressed out today, not going to bore anyone with details, and at dinner time, my head was throbbing and my stomach felt like crap, so I did OMAD today, and have started round 2 of my Zornfast, hope to make it longer than 26 hrs. this go around.

All you can do is pick yourself up and get on with it when you fall apart like I did. Doesn’t make you a weak or bad person, just a human being.

I hope everyone else has been out doing me, I am cheering you all onwards and keeping calm and fasting on.