November IF/EF chat, all welcome!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #142

@azviking Happy Sunday! Sorry for the late reply.

1 1/2 cups of cashew milk
1tbs butter
1/2 teaspoon matcha.

Better with immersion blender. Hot or cold is good.

I do not want to be preachy :laughing:, but we (Asians) revere matcha, LOL. Improves skin, boosts metabolism, slow down aging, etc. I have no scientific proof, but those benefits I mentioned are widely accepted :grin:.

However, I think it’s the HWC to Cashew Milk Switch that did it for me.

P.S.
I just tried coconut milk to make matcha latte and I like how foamy it got.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #143

@LizinLowell Matcha tends to be expensive to commit to for the first time. Better to try at a cafe or tea house where it can be made unsweetened. Definitely not Starbucks.

The Costco 12oz pouch is $34.

(Rick) #144

Thank you very much! The issue here in rural Arizona is where to find it…we will make it happen!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #145

@azviking I used to order matcha on Amazon, but my recent Costco find is really good quality/deal.

I’m new to fasting and naturally on IF 20:4. Might try a 36 matcha fast and report back.

https://www.breakawaymatcha.com/journal/the-36-hour-matcha-fast/

I wouldn’t get too concerned about any one or two BG readings. Check out the variability of readings in this post from Ketogains: https://ketogains.com/2017/10/glucose-finger-pricks-personalized-nutrition-possible/

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #147

Good morning, everyone! Wishing you a FAST Tuesday :grin:.

Coconut Matcha :tea: Latte + Butter this AM.

(Liz ) #148

Hallo! I’m hoping to do 20:4 today. Yesterday I ate lunch at noon, dinner at 6. I love that we are recommended to be mixing it up. It’s much more relaxing to be choosing when to eat and not worrying about following a strict schedule.

I made what was supposed to be a comforting coconut cream/turmeric hot drink after dinner last night, instead it made me feel queasy, too rich maybe?

Today I was up 2 pounds, water weight I’m sure. What I love about IF is it gives us space & flexibility to reset. I’ve got some country style pork ribs in the slow cooker, have never tried this before. Nothing but salt and pepper. I’ll make a side veg but hadn’t planned on needing a sauce for them. We’ll see how it goes. I got the meat from a small local farm. KCKO all!

(Beth) #149

I’m at 43 hours and counting. What do you do for headaches when water and salt don’t work?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #150

I’m just past 55 hours…and not hungry at all.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #151

I don’t know what others do. But I take a nap.

Just laying down for a short bit cures my headaches, I’m getting them less and sleeping way better at night now. Fasting has been hard the last two weeks because avocados have been $ 0.77 a piece at my grocery store! I bought 2 dozen of them the first week, and a dozen this week. Fat is my new drug!! I’m making deviled eggs like I have the last 3 years. Maybe I’ll bring some bacon too!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #153

Beth, I’m same with @rustyk61 on the nap. Haven’t fasted that long though.

Will attempt a 24, with cold brew matcha!

Wishing my fast friends a wonderful week :smiley:!

UPDATE: I CAVED at 16 :grimacing:.

(KCKO, KCFO) #154

I take some potassium and magnesium along with the pink salt for sodium. If that fails as well, usually for me salt and water does it, I also try a short nap. If still in discomfort, I eat some fat few nuts or olives, maybe avocado if any is around, not much just a few small bits, and see how that goes. Sometimes your body just doesn’t want to fast, so if nothing else works, eat some more fats to break the fast, refeed yourself and get back to it when you are feeling better.

Fasting Buddy search?

i was going to do 36/12 this week but decided to just keep fasting. i’ll probably eat tomorrow though.
i’m feeling motivated to break through the next “decade” threshold and be closer to 40lbs down before i go to my parent’s house for a week. i’m not all that worried about gaining weight there as they have taken down some basics to have for me to eat in the house … and i have advised them to not worry when i don’t eat breakfast …or lunch lol. as always, it’s super fun to be able to just decide to fast on the fly. the only sadness is my vegetables died without fulfilling their density… sigh :smiley:

@Friday, sorry about your veg, that made me chuckle!
Ending day 3 of fast up until Thanksgiving (so 10 days Total)
All’s well and no bathroom issues since omitting my multivitamin this time around. Don’t remember who suggested that, but thanks!
Also tried matcha tea for the first time during this fast. Heard of it many times, but this thread inspired me to buy some. I wouldn’t say I love it, but nice to have an alternative to coffee when that’s pretty much all you are ingesting (water+electrolytes too of course). Happy fasting gang!

(Donna ) #157

Doing the Zorn Fast this month, started yesterday. I’m in the right mindset and really looking forward to it. Glad to be doing this before the stress of planning and cooking for Thanksgiving.

KCKO :smiley:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #158

NOTHING LIKE :coffee:coffee! It may be my true love, but :tea: matcha is what parents want you to end up with, :joy:!

I’m back with my true love today :laughing:.

Jeans are NOT ALL THE SAME. Wearing 27 skinny ankle today. Haven’t worn this since 11/16.

Ha! How do you prepare your matcha?

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #160

@Jbird71 Cashew Milk or Coconut Milk + Butter + 1 tsp matcha powder.

(Becky) #161

Yay! Almost halfway through my first zornfast! 40 hours in! I’m going to try for 96, just because I have a function then. Having done the math, the 72 hour mark will be Friday at 7. Its been nice not dealing with food. Feeling good today. Reading the chat has reminded me that I may want to clean up on dairy, diet soda, and sweeteners.